Re: The Disney MEP IV : The Magic Continues

Post by °Vej° » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:19 pm

Nice, and now we can have a toy story's track this year too ヽ(*・ω・)ノ
If you can dream it you can do it an AMV

Camichan19
Org Profile

Post by Camichan19 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:30 pm

hahahaha all aboard the FEELS train!~ ^w^ I'm glad you like it.
Has there always been a Toy Story track in every Disney MEP? xD (and OMG OP FACE *Q*)
I'll beta-test some of these tonight as well when I get home, but everything I've seen looks promising so far!

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:34 am

Posted my own proof of concept. Enjoy!

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:04 am

Just posted two of my concepts as well, I probably won't get to Pokemon until I finish these. Wreck-It Wreck-It Ralph is really rough so there are masking issues and flap, but those will go away eventually. Also I tried to upload my tracks to Youtube and Wreck-It Wreck-It got muted immediately SO THATS COOL.

[Perfect timing Code, I was just finishing writing reviews.]
Spoiler :
hamstar138

Listen With Your heart
Wow what a pretty track..I had completely forgotten this song, the two work great together. My only nitpick is 0:34 where the snake is shown on the mountain...the scene goes by fairly quickly so I kinda thought it was a mountain topped with whipped cream...but thats...probablly just me.

Fathoms Below
I flat out had to look this song up...didnt remember it AT ALL. Havent seen the movie in a while though.
Pretty cool tuff though, fits will with OP. Not sure if has been adressed but the flat at the 0:15 area really bugs me. I think 1:29 [be-LOW] needs a more impactful scene, I think skipping the scenes of the ship breaking through the...goo or whatever and having it launch straight into the sky [on '-low'] would be better.

God Help the Sohma
Looking pretty good. The second half has a lot of sceens that are pretty still, so I think some slight zooms could be helpful. Not really feeling the ending [2:20-End], I think if youd shuffle them a bit so they fit the flow of the music more it would be better.

°Vej°

Tatami Girl
I seriously can't belive this worked as well as it did. Really good! Tatami Galaxy is such a unique looking vid that Im glad you could make such a unique vid out of it. Lipsync could use some work in some parts [0:58, 1:35, 1:41]

Dream Is a Wish
OH MY GOSH THIS IS SO CUTE I CANT

Litterally dead because this track is so cute, wow...

EkaCoralian
Wow I love you for finding an anime that can fit this song, will be fun to have such a classic anime in the mep too! I'm a little curious about the AR because the earth in the first scene looks a bit distorted, but the rest of them look ok so it might just be me. Hard to say too much because of the blanks but Im loving the energy so far.

SatoshiSakura

Nice selection of scenes, looks like another good fit. I feel like the kiss should be a little later in the video, and I'm not sure how I like the 'prince charming' scene, but overall pretty enjoyable.

Moezy
...So fast...you edit so fast-! This whole mep is gonna end up crazy cute, wow...

EimiJ7
OH WOW, IM NOT THE ONLY ACTION VID COOL. Im really excited to see this one, you're already capturing the song really well! Great energy, please add lots of Tiger because he's the bomb.

Camichan19
If tis isn't a fimal already, it must be pretty darn close. Those ending scenes....aaaguh really good vid. Hits all the right notes for this song.

Evengeline
I feel like the first five seconds are too fast paced for the song [Picky, I know] nut otherwise digging it. Love :07-:16.

This song seems like it would be really hard to do justice to but looks like you've done it! I'm finding the blur transitions really ditracting and think those could be just normal crossfades, I'm not sure if 0:29 is flap or sync so you might want to fix that up, 0:45's "Friend in me" feels like it's fitting too many scenes in there, and 01:17 has some logos that should be removed. I really like that band scene though, woah...

Code
DANG IT CODE I LAUGHED SO HARD I CHOKED. Oh my crap.
Little worried that it's too much magical transformations, Kinda feel those should be saved for "Power in your corner now". Not 100% sure what else you could use...perhaps the scenes of the Magical Girls throughout history? For the big beat after 'ammunition in your hands' I'd also like to see the guns fire.

THIS MEP MAKES ME CAPS LOCK

Camichan19
Org Profile

Post by Camichan19 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:28 am

Thank you very much for the critique, Viper! :D
I suppose I'll run through some reviews too.
Spoiler :
Code: This had me grinning. =D and those beautiful crossfades! (mine always turn out so ugly. xD nice job!) Overall it's looking great so far. Just needs more Kyuubey! :up:
Hamstar:
Les Poissons- DAT LAUGH SYNCH DAT LAUGH SYNCH. :rofl: It is perfect. I'm not a huge fan of the crossfade at 1:02-1:03. It could look smoother with a hard cut, perhaps. Overall this is very nice though. Hilarious concept. xD
Farewell- KANNAAAAAA! ;-; *sobs* Looking beautiful so far- no real complaints. I can't WAIT to see this complete.
Listen w/ your heart- You've got a great flow and atmosphere here. Some crossfades work more effectively than others, those forest ones are gorgeous. The one at 0:25 could possibly do well as a hardcut. Might just be a personal preference in editing though. No real critiques here.
Fathoms Below- Oh, the nostalgia. <3 Looks great.
God Help The Sohma- Not bad. I agree that the clips at 2:20 from the end should be set in a manner that flows clearer with the timing of the song.
Veg:
Tatami Girl- Wow. What a unique source! And quite the match. I love it! <3
Dreamwish- SPARKLES. *W*
Zanzaben:
Fantasmic- Looks quite neat! I love what you did with the hardcuts and the moving on the clock hands. Maybe the length of that zoom transition could be durated a little longer at 0:33 since the music lingers on that note.
HagarenViper
Wreckreation- Oh, it is being wrecked. :awesome:
Wreck It- Nice foil to the other project. No real complaints aside from what you've already pointed out which will be fixed. :up:
and more shall continue soon~ when it isn't 2am. xD;

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:43 pm

Thanks for the mini reviews, Hagaren and Moezy! :'3 Yeah the original clips are 4:3 but I changed the AR for everything so it should all be the same. I'll check that Earth shot again though.

I'll watch more proofs of concepts and whatnot tomorrow and leave reviews! Also for Code:
Also Code, I'm done my final exam by the 25th of April so could I request a slightly later due date for the final beta by any chance? ;A; Not much longer of course; maybe like May 1st or 2nd? ;-; (My clips are being really finicky too and shutting down Vegas constantly so I'm just workin' out the kinks there atm).
I'm just literally done on the 25th of April at about 10 pm, so I won't be home until the 26th in the afternoon anyways. ;3;

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:00 pm

Thanks for the idea on the past magical girls Hagaren. It gave me a good idea! :)

And you're fine Eka. ;)

moezy-chan
Org Profile

Post by moezy-chan » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:14 am

Hagaren Viper wrote:Moezy
...So fast...you edit so fast-! This whole mep is gonna end up crazy cute, wow...
I don't even know how I do it! Basically I had fun...and when I have fun editing I don't stop...XD The amvs that take me over a month to make either have too many effects in them or I just hate editing it XD And yeah sorry. I loves my ChibiHeli and they're a cute couple! :D

AngelDragoon
Org Profile

Post by AngelDragoon » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:06 am

Finally! Some time to look at these! Sorry it took so long, guys. Anyway...

Spoiler :
Code:
Disasterious Djinn-
Yes. 1000x yes. I love where this is going, as odd as these two sources seem to be, lol.

hamstar138:
Les Possion-
I laughed harder than I should have at the start of this. When I was a kid this part of The Little Mermaid was alarming, but in seeing this the song and the anime fit so disturbingly well together, and what you have is golden. My only concern is that the first 2/3 seem a bit disjointed with the last few scenes. It goes from him being on a table to being out in the open, which is just a bit odd to see when viewing.

Farewell-
Concept so far looks really interesting! Series fits well with the dramatic music as well.

Fathom's Below-
Nice work! Cute little vid and no complaints here. :3

God Help the Sohma-
Finish this. FINISH THIIIIS~ D: The combination is so lovely!

°Vej°:
Tatami-Girl-
Love the concept! XD Some of the lip sync may need to tightening up, but other than that, great stuff!

Dream is a Wish-
Cute! Timing and flow are great so far. Interested in seeing where this is going.

Zanzaben:
Fantasmic-
Looks like it's going somewhere exciting! Good stuff so far!

Hagaren Viper:
WreckCreation-
So much awesome in such a tiny video. Can't wait to see the rest!

Wreck-It Wreck-It Ralph-
Love it! Obviously some of the lip sync needs fixing, ( :awesome: ), but overall great concept!

EkaCoralian:
Touch the Sky-
Ooooh, haven't seen this source in a while! Please continue with this!

SatoshiSakura:
Something There-
Cute! Loving the combination of the song and the anime so far!

moezy-chan:
A Whole New World Proof-
The fact that these two things fit so well together should be criminal. Just adorable, and no complaints here editing wise.

EimiJ7:
The Glory Days-
Interesting idea! Footage looks great and the zooms are really well done. Anything else you do to this I'm sure will be awesome.

Camichan19:
Evangeline-
SO CUTE! <3 I'll agree that some of the overlays are a little fast, (some clips could even be taken out to halve the speed), but other than that the concept is fantastic!

Friend in Me-
Great so far! The flow is nice and everything works well with the music!

SVProductions:
Hearts Desire-
Not bad so far! I think the pacing in the first half needs to be tweaked a little bit, since some overlays are a little fast/slow to the music, and some of the black fades when the music picks up seem out of place. Still, this is only the concept proof, and the concept is great! Good job so far! :up:
On a related note, with all these darker segments this is turning into one of the most serious Disney MEPs yet. Good stuff. |:>

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:06 am

I posted a short beta. Got a lot of black space in the middle, but I've edited a lot of the beginning/end.

And here are my reviews. I have forgotten what I have/have not reviewed, so I'll just do them all again:
Spoiler :
Farewell Concept: Love the idea and where it's going. Very fitting combination and matches the dramatic scenes well. Watch the lip flap! Towards the end.

Les Possion Full Beta: Very funny in a creepy way. D: 1:09-1:11 seems like a long scene for just one face. Other than that, just listen to what the others have to say, and I think you can start finalizing and getting this out the door! :)

The Mushi's Voice: Very dramatic and touching. The two match very well together. Although it seems very short. Is that the whole song?

Fathoms Below: HA! Very cute. I would make the entrance at :24 a bit more impactful, and I agree with Hagaren's critique on his few parts. Other than that, I think it's ready to start getting finalized.

God Help the Sohma: FYI, you have some really critic here in this one. For nearly 2 years, Fruits Basket was the only thing I edited and I obsessed over it. XD I think you should start a little before the lyrics start with a tad more instrumental. Other than that, it seems to be going in a good direction. Watch the lip sync, the first part of it seems a bit off, but the second part seems fine. The "goooooooooooooooooooooooooood" at the end needs some more impact.

Tatami Girl: HA! I was hoping this would work out really well, and I'm thrilled it did. Watch the lip sync like Hagaren mentioned, and I think you can start the finalizing process. :)

Dream is a Wish: FINISH IT. NOW. D: LUBS IT.

Fantasmic Beta: Turning out nice. Can't wait to see more!

Wreck it Ralph: Watch leh lip flap, but holy crap talk about a great combination! This is turning out really good!

Bug Hunt: Wait, are these both Full Metal Alchemist? Err... Can I assume they're going to use different scenes? Otherwise, nice start.

Something There: I remember I watched this one. Can't wait to see more of it!

Touch the Sky: Looking good thus far. Good starting point.

A whole New World Beta 4: I think it's getting ready to be finalized. Looking sharp! I think that when Jasmine starts singing, it could be a bit more impactful instead of her just spinning in a bit late (maybe bring her in a few seconds earlier?), but otherwise I love it!

Heart's Desire: I agree with AngelDragoon on the pacing bits, but I agree that this should be a fantastic video. When the dark music kicks in, I just about lost it with the OMGs. Also very appropriate concept wise in conjunction with the film.

Camichan: I know I already reviewed your stuff. AIYAAA. So cute. I want Friend in Me finished up, because it is awesome and FEELS inducing. Watch the lip flap maybe during the fight scene? Can't wait to see more of Evangilene as well.

Glory Days: I know I reviewed this one. Cant wait to see more.

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”