Scary Real Life Stories

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Kimberly
Org Profile

Scary Real Life Stories

Post by Kimberly » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:06 am

I like to go on the IMDB boards to read and discuss stuff, and I stumbled onto a "Scary Real Life Moments" thread on a board. I thought it'd be fun, and scary, if we had our own.

Share your stories! I'll start (:

Not sure if this one's scary or not, but I'll tell it anyway.
Story #1
A few years ago, maybe 2 or 3? It was in either my freshman or sophomore year of high school. I was hanging out after school with an old friend, another friend and her boyfriend. We were feeling adventurous so we decided to go look around this hospital that's supposedly haunted. It was an abandoned hospital that was for the army back then. My friend's boyfriend told us that he's already been there once, and that it was definitely haunted. Now, I already heard some stuff about the hospital, so I had to see it for myself. I heard that there's a cop that's always patrols the hospital, but when I went, there wasn't. When we got there, we found out the hospital was being fixed up, so I was kinda disappointed. There were construction workers everywhere also. Even so, we wanted to get in around the hospital and look around. There were fences around the hospital, so yeah. We found a spot and hopped over the fence, and just wandered around. There was an area somewhat away from the hospital that we found that wasn't fixed up yet, with small shelters/cabins(?). There was graffiti everywhere, and all the windows were broken. It was eerie, but we kept looking around. We were close to each other just in case anything weird happened. While we were exploring the area, we were making jokes saying that if we threw something into the cabin (honestly not sure what to call it, so cabin it is), it would come back out. So we threw a stick in there and just laughed. Then my friends went ahead walking and I just stood looking around. I looked into one of the cabin's windows, and saw a old woman's face. I screamed my head off and ran to my friends, and they were just looking at me like I was crazy. I told them what happened, and one of them didn't believe me. But my other friend said that if I was lying, I wouldn't have looked so horrified. We decided to leave because there was nothing else to look at anyway, and as we were walking back, I decided to look into the window again. There was just graffiti, so I'm not sure if what I saw was the graffiti... Or I don't know. But yeah. There's a bunch of creepy pictures of the hospital before it was fixed up, and if anyone wants to look at them, I'll link it.

Story #2
This was really late at night/early in the morning, like 2-4AM? Aside from me, my brother was awake, and my grandma was getting ready to go to bed. My grandma was in her room, and my brother was at his computer. I was gonna wash up and go to bed also, so I went to the laundry room to get my clothes I dried. While I'm grabbing my clothes, I thought my brother walking to come up to me. My back is turned away from the entrance when I get clothes, by the way. I didn't necessarily hear a sound, but I got that feeling that I always get when someone to me in the laundry room. Like, I can feel their presence. I just kept grabbing my clothes 'cause I was expecting him to say something. But, he didn't say anything, and I felt the presence literally right behind me. I got a little paranoid, as I easily and always do, so I just stood and didn't turn around. I was just too scared to turn around because I had that feeling where I didn't feel... safe. Then my grandma comes from her room and says something to me. I felt relieved and turned around, and I went to check to see where my brother was. He was sitting at his computer area, and there's no way he could've gone back to his desk so quickly, since it's down the hall from the laundry room. I was pretty freaked out.
ImageImage

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Re: Scary Real Life Stories

Post by Radical_Yue » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:58 pm

Here is one that kinda freaked me out once....

I was sleeping on the couch since I was having one of the nights where if I stayed in bed I would NOT be able to sleep. The night had gone pretty great once I got out to the living room and passed out almost right away. Around 4 or 5am, I wake up because our cat is going mad. He's in the dining room area near my computer desk and watching/pawing at something in the air. I look around for a minute and don't see any bugs or anything so I decide to go back to sleep. I lay back down on the couch and he starts flipping his shit again. I yell at him and he quiets down and then I have this random thought "Meh~ It's just the old man..."
I close my eyes and it hits me.
What old man?
We don't have any elderly neighbors or anything so where did that thought come from? It was so nonchalant I couldn't bring myself to open my eyes until my alarm went off.

Drango
Org Profile

Post by Drango » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:13 pm

Here's one I just remembered... Whilst not a personal experience it was something my mother told me about from when she was younger.

This was from way back when she was still in school and her brother, my uncle, was still a baby in his pram. When my grandmother was walking her home from school, they took a slightly different route to usual, this one took them past an old bungalow that looked like it had seen better days. However, the moment the pram my uncle (who had been asleep at the time) was in reached the fence for the front garden to the property, my uncle sat up and let out the most evil sounding laugh a baby could produce, and continued to do so until they reached the other end of the garden, at which point, he flopped back to sleep like nothing had happened at all.
Freaked my mother the hell out.

MycathatesyouAMV
Based Dicknugget
Org Profile

Post by MycathatesyouAMV » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:29 pm

One time I was doing my personal business in my college dorm room and the cleaning lady for housekeeping only knocked on the door once before just choosing to open it without waiting so I had to get up and make a dramatic dive for the bathroom with my pants around my ankles to make it look like I was getting ready for a shower.
Discord: MycathatesyouAMV#5994

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:36 pm

I only have a couple...

I had a cat named Radar, I got him when I was 8 years old, and he lived to be 16. After he died, I swear up and down, for weeks afterward, I would walk into a room and my subconscious would be like "oh, the cat's on the couch" and I would see him out of the corner of my eye, but when I looked he would disappear. This happened to my parents and brother as well. I loved that cat so much.

My earliest memories are from when I was about 3 years old, and I was scared to be alone in the dark. Pretty common thing for a little kid, right? The weird part is that the reason I was scared was that I saw a... well, sounds crazy, but the wall would turn into bones and skeletons. I would look over at the other side of the room, and that's what I saw in the dark. Eventually it would go away, but to this day I wonder where the hell I got the imagery from. We didn't have a TV growing up, and I would not have seen anything like that at that early age. When I say this stuff was vivid, it was vivid...like Berserk vivid.

Centurione
Org Profile

Post by Centurione » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:59 pm

Now, don't laugh xD

Since around 2006 I've been attending summer camps with overall theme of the Harry Potter world. What was special about it, was the fact that each and each year we were accomodated in a castle and had all the stuff done there. After a few years, all the older members (let's say 15-24 years old) have become just an awesome bunch of friends that met regularly at each others' places etc. So 2 years ago we've decided to organise our own camp just to make it awesome.

We got located in a castle none of us knew well, it looks like this. It's located on a hill surrounded by forests. So anyway, everything there was a one huge role-play and we really got into this. The whole camp had a plot etc and it was just freaking awesome.

Now to the point, at the night of the last day we got devided into 2 groups where each thought the other one was the bad one. We were supposed to get down the hill and pick something up and get back while we were quite sure we'd get attacked on our way by the other group. It was around 1 a.m. and it was just.so.dark. So we were walking totally silent and cautious looking for an 'enemy' somewhere in the bushes or behind a tree, I was walking in the front. Then suddenly something moved in the bushes next to me, so we all reaced being ready to 'attack'. We clearly saw someone was there and we just stood still for a moment hesitating. But since the person hasn't attacked, we've decided to move forward. We didn't meet anyone else on our way so we just went back around 2:30.

Then there was some super awesome role play with booms and bangs and fireworks and awww. This is the moment we finish the role play and we start talking with the other group. so we were just talking stuff like what we did, what we thought they were etc and then we asked why the hell did they leave someone in those bushes to wait for us.
'Lol, really? We didn't care for you guys at all, we went somewhere totally different, there was no one waiting for you'.
That freaked all of us out.

xD why is this so long? :sorcerer:

GloryQuestor
Moderation Hero
Org Profile

Post by GloryQuestor » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:43 pm

This is one of those stories that scare the person involved more than anyone else.

When I was in 6th grade, our school bus driver has us in assigned seating. We had to sit in the same seat every time going to school, and the same seat coming home from school. There was one day, however, that I was feeling mysteriously ill. Just for that one day, I didn't feel well enough to go to school, and it passed rather quickly.

When I got on the bus the next day and went to my assigned seat, I noticed a huge crack in the window. Someone riding on the bus told me what happened -- a BB went right through the glass and into my (then empty) seat. If I had not called out sick the day before, I would most likely be dead.

It's one of those real-life near-misses that still haunts me to this day.
Website Administrator, AnimeMusicVideos.Org
Samurai Warriors Productions
Pittsburgh Japanese Culture Society Events - AMV Department Head
Middle Tennessee Anime Convention - Main Events Operations Manager
Anime Weekend Atlanta - Senior Manager of Programming - Video Art Track

Mr. Fuzzyflippers
Lets Positive Thinking
Org Profile

Post by Mr. Fuzzyflippers » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:17 pm

The night before my sister died I had a dream that one of my pets died... Not really scary, just very creepy/odd.

javywhite
You belong in a museum
Org Profile

Post by javywhite » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:44 pm

Beach Horror ~(0_0)~

Three years ago, my family and I went to my home country of Cuba to see our relatives. There's this part in the northern coast called "Los Callos" which are a series of really small islands that are connected to the mainland by around 20 or so miles of bridges. Well on our second week in Cuba, we decided to go visit one of the less crowded beaches in these islands. Everyone was having a blast. One of my uncles got really drunk and thought it would be funny to throw my grandma's dog into the water, so there flies the dog into the water, it couldn't swim very well so it was almost drowning while getting sucked deeper into the ocean by the current. With everyone a decent distance away drinking and eating, I decide to take action and start swimming after our dog. I swim further and further and before I realize it I can't touch the seafloor, I'm a scary distance away from the shore. I finally grab Tom(dog) and start slowly swimming back.

The water is very clear at this beach and a lot of small fish can be seen swimming about. About half way back I feel something rub against my leg, I look, and I see nothing. I figure it's just one of the smaller fish so I ignore it and keep swimming. I look at the beach and a couple of family members are running into the water whilst shouting. I get kind of frightened by this so I start swimming faster. I finally get back to where I can set foot and by that time my father and my uncle are pulling me in by the arms. By the time we reach safety our entire family is there in a panic. Apparently, a shark's fin was seen near where I was swimming. To this day I'm not sure if what rubbed my leg was the shark or some other small fish, but I am forever terrified of the beach and I never go deeper than waist-high.

Kimberly
Org Profile

Post by Kimberly » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:19 pm

Aweosme stories o: I have two more that I thought of to tell XD

Story #3
This was around half a year ago? I woke up in the middle of the night. It was probably around 4-5AM, but I'm not sure because I never checked. So I woke up, and everything was normal. I was trying to fall back asleep, when I hear the most terrifying noise ever. Out of nowhere, I hear a lady shrieking and it sent chills down my spine. It sounded like it was coming from the front of my bed, not anywhere outside because it was very, very close. I was so scared, I actually think I was shaking after hearing it. So I just froze in my bed, too scared to look up and find out what it was. It couldn't have been any of my family members, because I'm positive they were all sound asleep. I wanted to grab my phone that I keep right next to my pillow, but I was pretty much paralyzed LOL. I just closed my eyes and thought to myself, "Please fall asleep. Please fall asleep." I ended up falling asleep thankfully :p

Story #4
This was about two years ago. My mom is not very home often, so sometimes my brother and I have to order dinner take-out. My brother ordered curry from a restaurant that's a block away. I was always the one to go pick up the food, and he'd call to make the order. So I went to go pick it up, and it was around 8:30? As I'm walking down my block, I see a guy at the corner just leaning against a building. I was thinking, "Wtf? Ahhhh, don't look." But me being stupid, I took a quick glance at him as I passed by. I walked past him, and then he tried to talk to me. He said, "Hey," but I kept walking and he was following me. As I walked into the restaurant to pick up dinner, I thought that he'd probably leave after he saw me walk into the restaurant. But no, he comes in after me, and that's when I start getting scared. I go up to the restaurant counter and tell them I ordered for pick up, and the guy that followed me just stands next to me and stares. I stare back at him, and I guess the restaurant guy knew I felt uncomfortable and scared, so he asked the guy, "Is there something you need?" The guy picks up a menu, glances at it, and responds, "Nope." Then he just leaves. The restaurant guy asks me if he was bothering me, and I just told him what happened. He told me to walk a different way home, and that he'd watch the guy for me. So I leave and I take a different way home, because the guy went back to the corner. He was watching me leave also. The restaurant guy watches him for me, and I just run my ass home. Yeah.
ImageImage

Return to “General Discussion”