Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.

Re: Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo

Postby Kisagi » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:26 am

ah, this anime is just so amazing!
Image
User avatar
Kisagi
 
Joined: 04 Jun 2012
Location: California, United States
Status: Back working with art

Re: Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo

Postby ibabrak » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:26 pm

Spoiler :
No, Mashiro no! Please don't do what I think you're gonna do. That would be silly. Just don't, please :uhoh:
ImageImage
User avatar
ibabrak
 
Joined: 18 Dec 2010
Location: Czech Republic
Status: Let's get cereal.

Re: Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo

Postby pacotacoshell » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:18 pm

Don't you bring logic into this, Ryuunosuke :amv:

Also,
Spoiler :
NANAMI WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY ;______________________; CAN'T YOU JUST HAVE ANYTHING NICE IN YOUR LIFE
Image
User avatar
pacotacoshell
 
Joined: 07 Nov 2011

Re: Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo

Postby pacotacoshell » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:29 pm

Leave it to the shut-in to be the only one with a good head over his shoulders.

And let me just tell you right now that this is starting to get way too dramatic for me. >__> These guys are bawling their eyes out for working hard for about 2 years and having not a lot to show for it, especially Sorata having the nerve to consistently shove all of his anger on Mashiro. Like, alright. Sorry that your 1-2 years of work doesn't match up to Mashiro's 10+ years of practicing art, not to mention being born into a family in the arts in Europe, where art spans a history of more than 500 years. You really can't compare the two at all, and he's just being a big whiny-baby. :l
Spoiler :
I'm glad that Mashiro finally got fed up with his shit and left. Hopefully he'll realize that he's being a complete retard that needs a few slaps across the face to realize what's coming out of his mouth sometimes. At this point I don't even ship Sorata with anyone, NANAMI x MASHIRO IS THE NEW OTP ALL HAIL
Image
User avatar
pacotacoshell
 
Joined: 07 Nov 2011

Re: Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo

Postby 8bit_samurai » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:03 pm

pacotacoshell wrote:Leave it to the shut-in to be the only one with a good head over his shoulders.

And let me just tell you right now that this is starting to get way too dramatic for me. >__> These guys are bawling their eyes out for working hard for about 2 years and having not a lot to show for it, especially Sorata having the nerve to consistently shove all of his anger on Mashiro. Like, alright. Sorry that your 1-2 years of work doesn't match up to Mashiro's 10+ years of practicing art, not to mention being born into a family in the arts in Europe, where art spans a history of more than 500 years. You really can't compare the two at all, and he's just being a big whiny-baby. :l
Spoiler :
I'm glad that Mashiro finally got fed up with his shit and left. Hopefully he'll realize that he's being a complete retard that needs a few slaps across the face to realize what's coming out of his mouth sometimes. At this point I don't even ship Sorata with anyone, NANAMI x MASHIRO IS THE NEW OTP ALL HAIL


x2

Though, I just don't like how he compares himself to Nanami since his dream to become a game designer seems pretty halfassed compared to her dream of becoming a voice actor. She worked pretty damn hard for it while he just picks up some books and pretty much had the whole Sakurasou to help him out.
Spoiler :
If anyone should get the boot, it should be him, but I guess it doesn't really matter now that Sakurasou is shutting down and half the tenants are leaving anyways.
Under Construction
User avatar
8bit_samurai
Hmm...
 
Joined: 17 May 2006
Location: Alaska

Re: Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo

Postby Emong » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:34 pm

So am I the only one here who likes the latest plot development?

I appreciate the "hard work doesn't (necessarily) pay off" thing the show is pulling off. First, it's realistic. Second, it goes nicely against the ideology of "everybody can make it" (again, in reality, this isn't true). Just like the pursuit of happiness makes people unhappy, the pursuit of individual achievement tends to wear people out. The mental breakdowns the characters are going through are realistic like that. I'm just afraid that, being an anime, the show is nonetheless going to turn things around in the end and propagate the usual workaholism like it has been doing so far.

On another note, I love the humor in this :awesome:
Image Image
User avatar
Emong
A Damaged Lemon
 
Joined: 10 Nov 2006
Location: The Jade Motel

Re: Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo

Postby Jasta85 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:45 pm

Emong wrote:So am I the only one here who likes the latest plot development?

I appreciate the "hard work doesn't (necessarily) pay off" thing the show is pulling off. First, it's realistic. Second, it goes nicely against the ideology of "everybody can make it" (again, in reality, this isn't true). Just like the pursuit of happiness makes people unhappy, the pursuit of individual achievement tends to wear people out. The mental breakdowns the characters are going through are realistic like that. I'm just afraid that, being an anime, the show is nonetheless going to turn things around in the end and propagate the usual workaholism like it has been doing so far.

On another note, I love the humor in this :awesome:


I don't mind the point being that hard work can't beat pure talent and privileged upbringing. The thing I don't like is how annoying Sorata gets when things don't work out for him.
User avatar
Jasta85
 
Joined: 07 Jul 2006

Re: Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo

Postby Kisagi » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:09 am

Oh? I see where this is going now. Getting pretty interesting :awesome:
Image
User avatar
Kisagi
 
Joined: 04 Jun 2012
Location: California, United States
Status: Back working with art

Re: Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo

Postby OmniStrata » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:09 pm

Jasta85 wrote:
I don't mind the point being that hard work can't beat pure talent and privileged upbringing. The thing I don't like is how annoying Sorata gets when things don't work out for him.


Hard work isn't the issue where 'real life' is concerned. It's how hard you get back up after failing. What truly tests someone's mettle isn't whether or not one succeeds, it's whether or not you can come back.

Besides, despite all of Mashiro's awesomeness, she still is stupid in well, everything else... So I don't think talent can make up for lack of common sense personally [woohoo no panties etc.]

And yes, he sulks too damn much and is annoying like 90% of many other anime protagonists surrounded by girlz. But at least it's easier to care for the characters in this one.
"Strength lies in action. Let the weak react to me..." - Kamahl, Pit Fighter from Magic: the Gathering
"That is a mistake many of my enemies make. They think before they act. I act before I think!" - Vortigern from Merlin ('98)
"I AM REBORN!" - Dark Schneider Bastard!! OAV
User avatar
OmniStrata
 
Joined: 01 Aug 2001
Location: Chicago
Status: Wealthy

Re: Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo

Postby ZephyrStar » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:38 pm

It's how hard you get back up after failing. What truly tests someone's mettle isn't whether or not one succeeds, it's whether or not you can come back.


Quoted for truths.

I have really enjoyed where this show is going. Less fanservice and more humor and drama. At first I did not like Shina, but I've grown to like her quite a bit since she does display the trait of just not giving a damn about her failures and moving forward creatively. I guess being in love will cause her to give a damn though >_>
Image
User avatar
ZephyrStar
Master of Science
 
Joined: 17 Sep 2004
Location: The Laboratory
Status: Master of Science

Re: Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo

Postby pacotacoshell » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:04 pm

Oh my god all of my feels. JUST TAKE ALL OF THEM ;____________________________;

Even with a poopy MC and the wrong otp becoming a thing, I'm really gonna miss this show a lot. :cry:
Image
User avatar
pacotacoshell
 
Joined: 07 Nov 2011

Re: Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo

Postby ZephyrStar » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:14 am

Hahah same here. That speech. I was like HNNG
Image
User avatar
ZephyrStar
Master of Science
 
Joined: 17 Sep 2004
Location: The Laboratory
Status: Master of Science

Re: Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo

Postby pacotacoshell » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:52 pm

I'M RUNNING ON AN EMPTY TANK OF FEELS HERE, JESUS H CHRIST ;________;
Spoiler :
Mitaka Misaki, JUST THE CUTEST THING EVER

Such a great ending. I love how it wasn't really an "ending", so hopefully there'll be a second season! The cast looks so great if it would happen.
Image
User avatar
pacotacoshell
 
Joined: 07 Nov 2011

Re: Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo

Postby OmniStrata » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:56 am

A second season with a megane and horny man? Oh yeah... More comedy will end up ensuing I'm sure and Mitaka... ah yes... Hello neighbor?! ^_^
"Strength lies in action. Let the weak react to me..." - Kamahl, Pit Fighter from Magic: the Gathering
"That is a mistake many of my enemies make. They think before they act. I act before I think!" - Vortigern from Merlin ('98)
"I AM REBORN!" - Dark Schneider Bastard!! OAV
User avatar
OmniStrata
 
Joined: 01 Aug 2001
Location: Chicago
Status: Wealthy

Re: Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo

Postby ibabrak » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:58 am

Spoiler :
Very nice ending of a very enjoyable serie.
I'm just kinda sad that Sorata didn't kiss Mashiro and that they took that scene from a comedic kinda view
ImageImage
User avatar
ibabrak
 
Joined: 18 Dec 2010
Location: Czech Republic
Status: Let's get cereal.

PreviousNext

Return to Anime Series Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests