A Magical Girl MEP: Glowing Enchantments

This forum is to announce newly created/released anime music videos.
Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • All announced videos must have a corresponding entry in the AnimeMusicVideos.org database.
  • You may only make one new thread per week. If you have multiple videos to announce, either wait a week or add them to the same post.
Users that do not follow these rules may have their threads locked or removed without notice. It is recommended that all users read the sticky topics in this forum before posting.

A Magical Girl MEP: Glowing Enchantments

Postby hamstar138 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:59 pm

Welp, it's finally done! This is my first organized MEP. It is a dedication to Sailor Moon's 20th Anniversary. In the history of anime Sailor Moon has been known to be the most popular Magical Girl anime. Without the popularity of Sailor Moon I feel a lot of these Magical Girl animes wouldn't have been created. So this AMV is dedicated to the Magical Girl who helped this genre become a huge hit! I hope you all enjoy! (more of the users who helped out will confirm soon.)
hamstar138
A Big Ol' Bowl Of Fruit

Re: A Magical Girl MEP: Glowing Enchantments

Postby Kisagi » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:16 pm

nice!
Kisagi

Postby BecauseImBored1 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:17 pm

A very cohesive theme and choice of anime and matches the song perfectly so :up: there :3
I would have liked to see a little more sync and flow consistency though
BecauseImBored1

Postby chaosgod357 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:29 pm

:up: :up: Good job everyone ^^ enjoyable ... and for kp to say that is a major compliment (knowing that she don't like Magic Anime =p ) Just FYI for everyone the quality on the download far out weights the preview
ChaosGod Productions
TheOrg: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... id=1096519
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ChaosGodProductions
<3 AMV Editors Don't Die We Multiply!!
chaosgod357

Location: Always running away but no matter how far I go there I am

Postby moezy-chan » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:43 am

So thrilled it's finally up! Really enjoyed being a part of this Hamstar and hope to do another MEP like this again!
moezy-chan

Postby Replay Studios » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:11 am

great first mep ^^
Replay Studios
A Studio Within A Studio

Postby CodeZTM » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:12 am

It was fun to be involved with this, and I liked the overall outcome. :)
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round

Postby Chiiisus » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:42 pm

I love the Magical Girl genre so I'm going to seriously give my opinion on this one!
First of all, the song is cute and it does have a nice 'magical' type of feel to it but I think something faster could have been really nice since this seems really typical for a Magical Girl MEP with the 'OMG SO CUTE' type of feeling it gives off.

On to the tracks!

Sailor Moon: The additive dissolve/brightness transition was a bit odd at times but it was a really nice intro for the MEP!
Tutu: It was nice, a little bit slow a times but it was cute! :3
Nanoha: I LOVE Nanoha, so I feel like I'm a little more critical of this track. The faster scenes from 1:10 - 1:20 just don't fit to me, I liked the first bit, it was cute and slow, but for that second part there are much better scenes in the movie alone that could have been used.
Pretear: This was pretty nice and it really matched with the pace of the music. This was my favourite track. :up:
CCS: My favourite anime, so again I might be a bit more critical. ^^; More than one episode should have been used here. Also, just one sequence of the show was used and that bugged me a little. CCS has so many moments and for me, this was the perfect track to highlight the cuteness that CCS has to offer! /Sits in a bubbles of disappointment.
Madoka: You didn't use Sayaka. :awesome: This was a nice track, I don't have much to say about it really!
Shugo Chara: I liked the transition used between the Madoka track and this one! Really cute! The music really matched this anime!

Overall, it was a really cute MEP and the mood is there and I did enjoy watching it and I think you did a really good job for your first MEP! :3 Good job everyone!
Rawr desu <3
Chiiisus

Postby Zanzaben » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:13 pm

Chiiisus wrote: The faster scenes from 1:10 - 1:20 just don't fit to me, I liked the first bit, it was cute and slow

Random MEP member wrote:I like it Zanz, but :19-:25 feels REALLY slow and I think a little more movement on the character's part might make it a tad better.

People just can't be happy it seems.
For my own future reference what seen from the movie (the series would be too drastic a quality and aspect change) would you have picked to go there instead because I spent a day worrying over that scene selection.
Zanz Bonus Points Tally
8bit_samurai: 1, CodeZTM: 1, Eake4: 2, ibabrak: 5, Mirkosp: 4, tipsd9video: 1, uncreative: 1
Zanzaben

Postby Chiiisus » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:32 pm

Zanzaben wrote:the series would be too drastic a quality and aspect change)

Actually, the original Nanoha series has an extremely high quality release. Yes, it's in 4:3 but so are most of the other series' used in this project and Nanoha actually has better quality than some too, so I don't understand why it would have been an issue in this matter.

In terms of scene selection, even going through the movie itself there are better scenes, but that's just my opinion. I didn't say I disliked it, but, for me you could have used some better scenes in that area. For example, the scene when she is activating Raising Heart for the first time better matches the lyrics for me since it's more of a 'magical girl awakening' in your track, if that makes sense?

Like I said, I just love Nanoha and I'm sorry if my comments offended you. :)
Rawr desu <3
Chiiisus

Postby Zanzaben » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:15 am

Chiiisus wrote:Like I said, I just love Nanoha and I'm sorry if my comments offended you. :)

Oh no I am not offended at all just curious what you would have used. Also I seems I need to change my statement "my copy of the Nanoha series was to bad a quality"
Zanz Bonus Points Tally
8bit_samurai: 1, CodeZTM: 1, Eake4: 2, ibabrak: 5, Mirkosp: 4, tipsd9video: 1, uncreative: 1
Zanzaben

Postby SilverFreedoms » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:13 pm

Imaget had to be said: the world is perishing from an orgy of self-sacrifice.

in Ayn Rand's _The Fountainhead
SilverFreedoms

Postby AimoAio » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:22 pm

I haven't really seen many magical girl animes but I like this MEP, the song is just too adorable and fits perfectly with the theme. Good work everybody! ^^
AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy

Postby MystykAMV » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:42 am

good work everyone, overall this is a nice MEP, i just think the song was kind of slow (to be honest I didn't really like it) but that's just my opinion :P but you guys did a good job on editing.

Code plz teach me how to do those shiny white particles in the credits LOL xD
MystykAMV

Return to AMV Announcements