Possible to use MP4 files with AVS scripts?

tuxedomarty
Org Profile

Post by tuxedomarty » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:53 pm

If it is, what do I enter into the AVS file for the MP4 file? I came up with an idea for a Voltron AMV, and I noticed that all my Voltron DVDs are missing, and I don't feel like buying them again, because I need my money for other more important things, and I found some MP4 files of the episodes, and don't want to convert them to WMV and use Windows Movie Maker to make them.
I can't stand weeaboos and people who keep badmouthing dubbed anime and say it sucks.

Mister Hatt
Org Profile

Re: Possible to use MP4 files with AVS scripts?

Post by Mister Hatt » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:06 am

ffvideosource("your-filthy-stolen-clips.mp4")

tuxedomarty
Org Profile

Post by tuxedomarty » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:35 am

Technically they aren't stolen, because I already paid for them when I bought the DVDs in 2007. But thanks for your help though.
I can't stand weeaboos and people who keep badmouthing dubbed anime and say it sucks.

tuxedomarty
Org Profile

Post by tuxedomarty » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:57 pm

Okay I tried importing the AVS file with the MP4 directory in it, and it's not working. I even tried it with an alternate "directshowsource" command line I found, and it's still not working. This is the command lines I used in the AVS files:

Example 1:
ffvideosource("C:\Voltron\Episodes\Voltron - Coran's Son Runs Amuck.mp4")
Killaudio()

Example 2:
directshowsource("C:\Voltron\Episodes\Voltron - Attack of the Fierce Frogs.mp4")
Killaudio()

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:01 pm

In the former case, the killaudio would be superfluous. Either way, we need to know exactly what error you are getting in order to help. Perhaps just a missing dll?

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:12 pm

It should also be noted the for the dss call you need to have the proper dss filter installed for the codec in order for it to work. That is, if you just use vlc to play videos normally and don't have something like the cccp or just ffdshow installed it won't work.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Video & Audio Help”