A Magical Girl MEP: Glowing Enchantments

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
hamstar138
A Big Ol' Bowl Of Fruit
Org Profile

A Magical Girl MEP: Glowing Enchantments

Post by hamstar138 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:59 pm

Welp, it's finally done! This is my first organized MEP. It is a dedication to Sailor Moon's 20th Anniversary. In the history of anime Sailor Moon has been known to be the most popular Magical Girl anime. Without the popularity of Sailor Moon I feel a lot of these Magical Girl animes wouldn't have been created. So this AMV is dedicated to the Magical Girl who helped this genre become a huge hit! I hope you all enjoy! (more of the users who helped out will confirm soon.)
ImageImage
ImageImage

Shinzui IT
The sexy Artist
Org Profile

Re: A Magical Girl MEP: Glowing Enchantments

Post by Shinzui IT » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:16 pm

nice!

BecauseImBored1
Org Profile

Post by BecauseImBored1 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:17 pm

A very cohesive theme and choice of anime and matches the song perfectly so :up: there :3
I would have liked to see a little more sync and flow consistency though

ChaosGod
Location: Always running away but no matter how far I go there I am
Org Profile

Post by ChaosGod » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:29 pm

:up: :up: Good job everyone ^^ enjoyable ... and for kp to say that is a major compliment (knowing that she don't like Magic Anime =p ) Just FYI for everyone the quality on the download far out weights the preview

moezy-chan
Org Profile

Post by moezy-chan » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:43 am

So thrilled it's finally up! Really enjoyed being a part of this Hamstar and hope to do another MEP like this again!

Replay Studios
A Studio Within A Studio
Org Profile

Post by Replay Studios » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:11 am

great first mep ^^

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:12 am

It was fun to be involved with this, and I liked the overall outcome. :)

Chiiisus
Org Profile

Post by Chiiisus » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:42 pm

I love the Magical Girl genre so I'm going to seriously give my opinion on this one!
First of all, the song is cute and it does have a nice 'magical' type of feel to it but I think something faster could have been really nice since this seems really typical for a Magical Girl MEP with the 'OMG SO CUTE' type of feeling it gives off.

On to the tracks!

Sailor Moon: The additive dissolve/brightness transition was a bit odd at times but it was a really nice intro for the MEP!
Tutu: It was nice, a little bit slow a times but it was cute! :3
Nanoha: I LOVE Nanoha, so I feel like I'm a little more critical of this track. The faster scenes from 1:10 - 1:20 just don't fit to me, I liked the first bit, it was cute and slow, but for that second part there are much better scenes in the movie alone that could have been used.
Pretear: This was pretty nice and it really matched with the pace of the music. This was my favourite track. :up:
CCS: My favourite anime, so again I might be a bit more critical. ^^; More than one episode should have been used here. Also, just one sequence of the show was used and that bugged me a little. CCS has so many moments and for me, this was the perfect track to highlight the cuteness that CCS has to offer! /Sits in a bubbles of disappointment.
Madoka: You didn't use Sayaka. :awesome: This was a nice track, I don't have much to say about it really!
Shugo Chara: I liked the transition used between the Madoka track and this one! Really cute! The music really matched this anime!

Overall, it was a really cute MEP and the mood is there and I did enjoy watching it and I think you did a really good job for your first MEP! :3 Good job everyone!
Rawr desu <3

Zanzaben
Org Profile

Post by Zanzaben » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:13 pm

Chiiisus wrote: The faster scenes from 1:10 - 1:20 just don't fit to me, I liked the first bit, it was cute and slow
Random MEP member wrote:I like it Zanz, but :19-:25 feels REALLY slow and I think a little more movement on the character's part might make it a tad better.
People just can't be happy it seems.
For my own future reference what seen from the movie (the series would be too drastic a quality and aspect change) would you have picked to go there instead because I spent a day worrying over that scene selection.
Zanz Bonus Points Tally
8bit_samurai: 1, CodeZTM: 1, Eake4: 2, ibabrak: 5, Mirkosp: 4, tipsd9video: 1, uncreative: 1

Chiiisus
Org Profile

Post by Chiiisus » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:32 pm

Zanzaben wrote:the series would be too drastic a quality and aspect change)
Actually, the original Nanoha series has an extremely high quality release. Yes, it's in 4:3 but so are most of the other series' used in this project and Nanoha actually has better quality than some too, so I don't understand why it would have been an issue in this matter.

In terms of scene selection, even going through the movie itself there are better scenes, but that's just my opinion. I didn't say I disliked it, but, for me you could have used some better scenes in that area. For example, the scene when she is activating Raising Heart for the first time better matches the lyrics for me since it's more of a 'magical girl awakening' in your track, if that makes sense?

Like I said, I just love Nanoha and I'm sorry if my comments offended you. :)
Rawr desu <3

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”