J-Core

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Lapskaus
Org Profile

J-Core

Post by Lapskaus » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:12 pm

Oh, hi.

Apparently this genre isn't very popular here (yes, I've done a search). So I thought I'd change that.

Basically J-Core is an umbrella term for all hardcore electronic/dance music with japanese-flavored influences.
The definition isn't set in stone yet and people still argue about what is and what isn't "J-Core". Some people say that it has to include japanese vocals or melodies with a japanese origin - others say that japanese producers automatically make J-Core (because they're japanese, right?). I say, you'll know for yourself if a song is "J-Core" or "Happy Hardcore", "Freeform", "Gabber", "Frenchcore", or whatever other genres there are.

Enough of the theory talking though. Let's show you some names and songs.

First one I have to mention is definitely Helblinde, because at the moment he is the man defining J-Core for me. The wide range of genres he covers, the feeling in his songs, the usage of vocals ... he just does it right.
Helblinde - Houkago Can Can Time

Some people probably have heard the following name before - DJ Sharpnel
Actually behind that name are 2 people, Jea and Lemmy. They have been around for over 14 years in the scene now, and they still know how to entertain. The music is usually fast, hard and contains samples that every otaku knows. Gurren Lagann, Haruhi, K-On!, Madoka, NGE, Haibane Renmei, Bokurano ... they remixed everything.
DJ Sharpnel - Gate Openerz

Another guy playing dem anime bangers is TANUKI
He's usually doing happy hardcore or drum 'n bass stuff. His music is the right choice if you're into the "feel good" type of music.
TANUKI - R U Redy Bonus song because I love it

And one last guy I'd like to introduce you to is DJ Shimamura
He's also been around for several years, is an internationally known DJ and knows exactly what he's doing. His music is similar to TANUKI's - leaving you with a good feeling. The genres he's covering range from hard dance, happy hardcore and hardcore to drum 'n bass and even some dubstep.
ClariS - irony (DJ Shimamura's Dubootcore Remix)

Other honorable mentions without any rating:
USAO - Frenchcore, Hardstyle, Dubstep - Honey milk
Lieber Bitter SampLinger (LOLIPO and Lulickma) - Tribecore, Frenchcore, some weird shit - Re-Construction No.002
Shingo DJ / Round Wave Crusher - Hardstyle, Hardcore, Speedcore - Sorry, I can't remember the name of this track (yes, that's the name)
Alstroemeria Records - Dancehall, Electro, House - Little Love Girl

Ok, that should do for now. Tell me if you listened to some songs and what you think about my favorite music genre ¦>
Also, I've barely scratched the surface, if you want more songs or want to know more about the scene, let me know.

Kain-x-spirits
Org Profile

Re: J-Core

Post by Kain-x-spirits » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:34 pm

I love J-Core and since few years i mostly listen music of this genre.
I think my favorite artist is dj shimamura. And recently i listen a lot of fang.
I also like roughsket, t+pazolite and the late Betwixt & Between.

I know that ARM and roughsketch came to Japan expo this year, i couldn't go to see them but i hope that will motivated the J-core artists to come in our countries :)

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:34 am

Do you know about " lolicore"? Is this any different?

I've really enjoyed Goreshit but much of the rest of it is kinda garbage.

Lapskaus
Org Profile

Post by Lapskaus » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:12 am

Oh right, lolicore! Totally forgot about that. Goreshit has some REALLY nice tracks, I love "ron".

Also one of my favorites is Shimau - Take me Grandpa. I even got a half done AMV with this song ¦3. Maybe I'll finish it someday, when I'm bored.

Shinzui IT
The sexy Artist
Org Profile

Post by Shinzui IT » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:51 pm

Oh, I love this type of music. I pretty much mainly listen to this type everyday, lol

Return to “General Discussion”