Life in a Beautiful World

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Renato
Org Profile

Life in a Beautiful World

Post by Renato » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:02 am

Video: Life in a Beautiful World (Preview)
Category: Drama, Sentimental
Anime: 5 Centimeters Per Second, Angel Beats, Ano Natsu de Matteru, Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai, Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko, Ef ~A Fairytale of the Two~, Hoshi wo ou Kodomo, Kamisama no Memochou, Kannagi, K-On!!, K-On! The Movie, Last Exile, Natsuiro Kiseki, Rinne no Lagrange, Shining Hearts, Summer Wars, Tasogare Otome x Amnesia
Song: Don't Panic
Artist: Coldplay
Creator: Renato (a.k.a. m3andchip5)

-----

My 5th AMV in my 7 years of editing (yes I am a slow editor) and I made this for Perth, Australia's "WAI-con 2013" AMV competition, but I also made this just to see where I am in today's AMV environment. Not sure if my skills have grown since then or such :/ More details on this video in the description of the video page.

But nevertheless, hope you enjoy it and as always, comments and criticism are welcome. :D
Last edited by Renato on Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Eake4
Australian Zeus
Org Profile

Re: Life in a Beautiful World

Post by Eake4 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:05 am

AMV in a beautiful world

for anyone interested

Kimberly: MUST GET FIRST COMMENT
Renato Jean Gaylican: XD
Kimberly: OMFG
Kimberly: FUCK U EAKE
Kimberly: ...
Eake4: stolen
Eake4: LOLOLOLOL
Renato Jean Gaylican: Pwned
Renato Jean Gaylican: XD
Last edited by Eake4 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kimberly
Org Profile

Post by Kimberly » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:06 am

You already know what I think of this, but I'll repeat myself just so everyone else can know.

I love it. :up:

youknowwhateakegtfohowdareyoutakefirstcomment
the poster above me is a big fat jerk.
ImageImage

Renato
Org Profile

Post by Renato » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:08 am

^ LOL

Thanks guys :P

MariaChrystal
SMASH! AMV Coordinator
Org Profile

Post by MariaChrystal » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:09 am

You know my opinion on this. But I still love it. *rewatches* :P

jt_x
Org Profile

Post by jt_x » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:41 am

I haven't seen this yet but why the f*ck is this so big xD? (173mb wtf)

edit: wow this looks gorgeous but the white transitions blinded my eyes :shock: I should really turn down the brightness of my monitor when watching amvs xD

Renato
Org Profile

Post by Renato » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:07 am

Apologies for the large size... been trying to find a way to reduce the filesize while not sacrificing a lot of quality... this is the best I could come up with >_>

(Hence hooray for previews lol)

jt_x
Org Profile

Post by jt_x » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:01 am

Renato wrote:Apologies for the large size... been trying to find a way to reduce the filesize while not sacrificing a lot of quality... this is the best I could come up with >_>
well maybe I'm just naive and shit but what did you do ? extreme high bitrate/ low quantizier ? My last projekt was in 1080p and was 3 min long and while not looking perfect it was about ~100mb in size maybe I'm just doing it wrong :? ?

(also fuck previews those are for youtube fags :D)

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:08 pm

Really beautiful. I love the serene and peaceful mood brought upon by the scenes, though I must say 1:22 with that explosion was kinda weird. I'm also not too keen on that film effect around 0:41 since I can't really see any meaning for it to be there for so long, it would have worked as a short transition though but that's about it. 1:02 with the moon was awesome though. Good job! :up:

Renato
Org Profile

Post by Renato » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:30 am

The only reason I put the film effect was because of the anime and dear Kaito's hobby of Videography. But you are right, it may seem a bit out of place in comparison to the whole AMV overall. As for the use of Summer Wars scenes... with the Anime I had in my computer at the time of editing, this was one that I favoured that had 'good scenery and showing different parts of life' but as it seems, some of my criticism comes from that lol -_-;

Nevertheless thanks for your comments Aimo! :mrgreen:

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”