tuxedomarty wrote:
aesling wrote:P.S. Subs are better than dubs
Only in the eyes of a weeaboo.
:ying:

lynit
Org Profile

Re: People badmouthing Vic Mignogna and Jonny Yong Bosch

Post by lynit » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:57 am

<Stirspeare> Otohiko: You guys sure love dongs.

tipsd9video
Org Profile

Post by tipsd9video » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:52 am

I love this thread :ying:
youtube accounts:
tipsd9video for animations and AMVs
animefxnstuff for live action videos

RanChan13
Org Profile

Post by RanChan13 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:11 am

I've met both Vic Mignogna and Jonny Yong Bosch as bot a Con staff member, and as a member of the press. Part of Vic's reputation as a pedophile and a sex addict and an asshole comes mostly from the fact that he does hang out with a lot of girls at cons. But, because he's famous, people start spreading rumors because they are jealous. Is he any of the above? I don't believe so, but it hasn't been proven in any way. And yes, he can seem like an asshole at times, because he's a guy. He likes to joke, cut up, same thing me and my friends do, especially at cons.

But face it, these are voice actors in anime dubs. Dubbing has certainly gotten a lot better since the early days of anime, but face facts, most of the hardcore anime fans (and likely the ones who are saying these things, or spreading rumors, or simply hating on the dub actors) are doing these things because they find dubs to be inferior to subtitles. Frankly, I could care less. (I prefer subs, by the way) Until a press release, or a news story from a reputable source comes out and says these rumors are fact, I'll stick there right where they came from, the damned rumor bin.
I am the bone of my sword
Steel is my body and fire is my blood
I have created over a thousand blades
Unknown to Death
Nor known to Life
Have withstood pain to create many weapons
Yet, those hands will never hold anything
So as I pray, unlimited blade works.

tuxedomarty
Org Profile

Post by tuxedomarty » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:37 am

RanChan13 wrote:I've met both Vic Mignogna and Jonny Yong Bosch as bot a Con staff member, and as a member of the press. Part of Vic's reputation as a pedophile and a sex addict and an asshole comes mostly from the fact that he does hang out with a lot of girls at cons. But, because he's famous, people start spreading rumors because they are jealous. Is he any of the above? I don't believe so, but it hasn't been proven in any way. And yes, he can seem like an asshole at times, because he's a guy. He likes to joke, cut up, same thing me and my friends do, especially at cons.

But face it, these are voice actors in anime dubs. Dubbing has certainly gotten a lot better since the early days of anime, but face facts, most of the hardcore anime fans (and likely the ones who are saying these things, or spreading rumors, or simply hating on the dub actors) are doing these things because they find dubs to be inferior to subtitles. Frankly, I could care less. (I prefer subs, by the way) Until a press release, or a news story from a reputable source comes out and says these rumors are fact, I'll stick there right where they came from, the damned rumor bin.
THANK YOU! I'm glad there's somebody who commented on this post that isn't rude or a jerk! I respect you.
I can't stand weeaboos and people who keep badmouthing dubbed anime and say it sucks.

trythil
is
Org Profile

Cognitive disconnect is a hell of a drug

Post by trythil » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:32 am

tuxedomarty wrote: THANK YOU! I'm glad there's somebody who commented on this post that isn't rude or a jerk! I respect you.
And yet, you started off with
tuxedomarty wrote: There's also a BS tumblr blog called Vic Mignogna horror stories or some crap which is atrocious. And there's also this stuff about him being man to staff members at anime conventions. I think this is a load of crap as well. These staff members whom he was supposedly mean to were probably a-holes, so serves them right.
tuxedomarty wrote: But I have also noticed that Tiffany Grant and Wendee Lee have also become punching bags in the anime world for whatever reason. *facepalm* What the hell is going on? These are 4 of the most popular and liked anime voice actors ever! Are the people who attack them just d***head weeaboos/wapanese/purists?!?!

If you really wanted to be taken seriously, you should try a less hyperbolic opening.

trythil
is
Org Profile

Cognitive disconnect is a hell of a drug

Post by trythil » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:32 am

tuxedomarty wrote: THANK YOU! I'm glad there's somebody who commented on this post that isn't rude or a jerk! I respect you.
And yet, you started off with
tuxedomarty wrote: There's also a BS tumblr blog called Vic Mignogna horror stories or some crap which is atrocious. And there's also this stuff about him being man to staff members at anime conventions. I think this is a load of crap as well. These staff members whom he was supposedly mean to were probably a-holes, so serves them right.
tuxedomarty wrote: But I have also noticed that Tiffany Grant and Wendee Lee have also become punching bags in the anime world for whatever reason. *facepalm* What the hell is going on? These are 4 of the most popular and liked anime voice actors ever! Are the people who attack them just d***head weeaboos/wapanese/purists?!?!

If you really wanted to be taken seriously, you should try a less hyperbolic opening.

tuxedomarty
Org Profile

Post by tuxedomarty » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:26 am

So what? What does that have to do with being a jerk or being rude?
I can't stand weeaboos and people who keep badmouthing dubbed anime and say it sucks.

aesling
Mad Scientist
Org Profile

Post by aesling » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:51 am

:ying:

meleechampion
Org Profile

Post by meleechampion » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:53 am

Return to “General Anime”