Cutting clips in half/doubling them in length...

illninofan
Org Profile

Cutting clips in half/doubling them in length...

Post by illninofan » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:29 pm

...due to speed. I've been using Sony Vegas for a little over a week now. I've finally figured out how to chop and extract the footage I need (the precision is a HUGE step forward from WMM), but one thing that I could do in WMM that I can't (or don't know how to do yet) in Vegas has to do with clip speed.

Now I know how to slow them down using the velocity/envelope technique, however, it doesn't change the length of the clip like it does in WMM. This can be crucial when trying to make extra space, or for overall aesthetic value (I like to speed up certain battle scenes during more intense parts of a song, for example).

Is there a counterpart to this in Vegas? I hope so, because it would be a shame to have to go back to using WMM for certain portions of my video, and thus certain parts of my video would suffer in quality. :(

Thank you and I hope this all made sense.

illninofan
Org Profile

Re: Cutting clips in half/doubling them in length...

Post by illninofan » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:33 pm

Since I can't edit my posts, I wanted to elaborate on something above. I meant that I know how to adjust the clip speed with velocity, but I can't get the length of the clip to change in kind like it does in WMM when you either slow the speed down to half (thus making the clip longer) or double the speed (thus shortening the clip).

Basically, I was wondering if it were at all possible to do this in Sony Vegas. I'm using version 10, by the way. Thank you. :)

HalOfBorg
Org Profile

Post by HalOfBorg » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:37 pm

Right-Click the clip in your timeline, select 'Properties'.

Experiment with the playback rate, and the resampling.
Help HalOfBorg fight his cancer - http://www.gofundme.com/21ygdk

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

WolfandAngel
Org Profile

Post by WolfandAngel » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:59 pm

cntr+drag you can make it slow down and longer/ speed up and shorter
"Luck is what occurs when opportunity meets preparation." Seneca

illninofan
Org Profile

Post by illninofan » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:35 pm

WolfandAngel wrote:cntr+drag you can make it slow down and longer/ speed up and shorter
Sweet, that did the trick. It's funny, I've learned how to do all the other effects, masking..etc, but this simple technique escaped me. :lol:

Anyhow, thank you very much. 8-)

Return to “Video Editing Software”