How to make these effects in sony vegas?

991leafy
Org Profile

How to make these effects in sony vegas?

Post by 991leafy » Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:08 am

I've recently got sony vegas pro 11 and I was wondering how to create the effects that next Nahaj uses in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_s4ffHQaFQ the main effects I'm interested in is the effect on the text where it flash, where part of the video is black and white with certain parts being in color and also the effect at 0.37 where Ichigo is fighting the 3 leutenants.

tipsd9video
Org Profile

Re: How to make these effects in sony vegas?

Post by tipsd9video » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:14 pm

For when he's fighting the 3 lieutenants, try copying your footage onto another layer, mess with the color correction, put a linear blur on it, and try different composting modes for that layer. There are probably easier ways to do this, but that's what I thought of when I saw the AMV.
youtube accounts:
tipsd9video for animations and AMVs
animefxnstuff for live action videos

AlexxAMV
Org Profile

Post by AlexxAMV » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:59 am

oh...well..the text face..hmmmit is just a presumption...isn't the Lught Rays effect applied to a text?and some tweaks in the effect values in the timeline?in AE would be text on black layer duplicate it with no effects added,add a verry small value of Fast Blur to the top layer...(in vegas i suppose u can try with linear instead) and to the layer bellow a higher value from the same fast blurr and to the same layer bellow try adding cc radial lur and play with values....well anyway its about the right values i suppose
-Alex-

991leafy
Org Profile

Post by 991leafy » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:53 am

tipsd9video wrote:For when he's fighting the 3 lieutenants, try copying your footage onto another layer, mess with the color correction, put a linear blur on it, and try different composting modes for that layer. There are probably easier ways to do this, but that's what I thought of when I saw the AMV.
Thanks I'll give it a try

Return to “Effects & Techniques”