Dark Fervor

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.

lloyd9988
Org Profile

Re: Dark Fervor

Post by lloyd9988 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:01 am

I didn't like the White flashes but they transitioned smoothly every time... ._. Either way, very smooth video, solid concept and awesome watch :up: Good AMV :3 Motion, even the white flashes, moved the AMV very smoothly... ... So jelly how smooth you made it look honestly... ._.

My favorite part was from 2:24 - 2:28. That was either great scene selection or great camera movement. Either way, totally good idea using that camera, just wish there was more follow-through with the camera right after the flashing. Also, really amazing how you focused mostly on the relationship between the two girls rather than just portraying: "Oh yeah, Good guy verses Bad Guy... Enjoy the pretty action scenes". Different action AMV conceptually from most Action AMVs that says: "Here's the friendship between the two girls and their struggles... Enjoy the Pretty Action scenes"... Great job man :up:

8.5/10 (Lack of follow through with the camera motion and the freakin' White Flashes) >.<

Emong
A Damaged Lemon
Org Profile

Post by Emong » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:15 pm

I liked your sense of clip selection even though I had no idea what was going on there. But the elements of a standard angsty action amv were there.

I didn't dig the white flashes either. I also thought that the pacing should have been faster and the sync tighter during the chorus parts (or the action parts if you will)

Nice amv nonetheless :up:

blaksun
The one and lonely ... only
Org Profile

Post by blaksun » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:50 pm

I can´t help to fell like it need a lite more work some scenes just fell random to me like for example the Mini Gun scenes ?
Text endless companions so foe raid ones and even less that makes sense :)

SF_Phoenix
Org Profile

Post by SF_Phoenix » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:56 pm

lloyd9988 wrote:I didn't like the White flashes but they transitioned smoothly every time... ._. Either way, very smooth video, solid concept and awesome watch :up: Good AMV :3 Motion, even the white flashes, moved the AMV very smoothly... ... So jelly how smooth you made it look honestly... ._.

My favorite part was from 2:24 - 2:28. That was either great scene selection or great camera movement. Either way, totally good idea using that camera, just wish there was more follow-through with the camera right after the flashing. Also, really amazing how you focused mostly on the relationship between the two girls rather than just portraying: "Oh yeah, Good guy verses Bad Guy... Enjoy the pretty action scenes". Different action AMV conceptually from most Action AMVs that says: "Here's the friendship between the two girls and their struggles... Enjoy the Pretty Action scenes"... Great job man :up:

8.5/10 (Lack of follow through with the camera motion and the freakin' White Flashes) >.<
Thanks for watching! Yeah, I didn't actually realize I used that many white flashes until it was mentioned =/
Emong wrote:I liked your sense of clip selection even though I had no idea what was going on there. But the elements of a standard angsty action amv were there.

I didn't dig the white flashes either. I also thought that the pacing should have been faster and the sync tighter during the chorus parts (or the action parts if you will)

Nice amv nonetheless :up:
Yeah flashes... this is what I get for focusing too much on getting flow and forgetting about the rest. Thanks for the reply :)
blaksun wrote:I can´t help to fell like it need a lite more work some scenes just fell random to me like for example the Mini Gun scenes ?
The minigun scene was actually part of her 'rampage' when she goes off killing the exorcists she worked with (minigun one is actually the head of the organization). I feel that if you haven't seen the series you may feel that a lot of the scenes are random, it was something I was a bit concerned when making it this way. Thanks for watching :)

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”