Corndog Vidvids Iron Chef - RESULTS ARE OUT!!!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Animated
Drama Text Cop
Org Profile

Re: Corndog Vidvids Iron Chef - RESULTS ARE OUT!!!

Post by Animated » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:49 am

Thanks for the 3rd place, judges! :3 This Iron Chef was a total success, organised real fast without any problem. And once again, congratulations to everyone that sent a video! (now did I realise what editors are capable of, given so little time... some entries really, really surprised me)

Now, heading straight to the real Project Editor contest! :nose:

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Corndog Vidvids Iron Chef - RESULTS ARE OUT!!!

Post by ngsilver » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:54 am

I though I ranked right about where I expected to. Thanks for the comments ZS, that's pretty much what I was going for and I'm glad the concept made it through the editing. I wish I had more time to work on the timed star twinkles and really mask hem out via AE, but I could hardly keep it open long enough to get anything done which is why I went with some garbage mattes in premier. It was a fun challenge in the end trying to edit something that complex on my poor laptop that I really only bought for word processing. I do have another idea for this song that I may work on in the future.

I'm always a supporter of IC competitions and really I like how this one played out. Thanks for hosting y'all. Looking forward to more. Perhaps we can get other studios to jump in and host next time.
ImageImageImageImage

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:06 am

We're actually considering doing "guest judges" from other studios for the next one. VNS, RDS, who knows? Who would be on board for that?

And what are your thoughts on a 2nd round consisting of all the winners from the individual groups to decide the Top 3 as opposed to us just kind of deciding?

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:11 am

Otohiko wrote:
SeNniN wrote:don't quite agree with some of the scores given, but I respect his decision. Congrats to everyone that won!
Remember that scores are relative - i.e. each judge probably has slightly different definitions of what a 7 or a 10 in any given category is. I know my definitions are a little different from other judges.
Given that, I was kinda surprised there was even a top 3 - these were, essentially a bunch of separate contests happening under the same rule set at the same time, not one.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

LopezAMV
Org Profile

Post by LopezAMV » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:14 am

Radical_Yue wrote:We're actually considering doing "guest judges" from other studios for the next one. VNS, RDS, who knows? Who would be on board for that?

And what are your thoughts on a 2nd round consisting of all the winners from the individual groups to decide the Top 3 as opposed to us just kind of deciding?
I'm not in another studio but I'd be on board :P if you'll have me that is. As for a 2nd round, Yes please :ying:

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:17 am

Radical_Yue wrote:And what are your thoughts on a 2nd round consisting of all the winners from the individual groups to decide the Top 3 as opposed to us just kind of deciding?
If it actually means make a new video to a new pack of songs, sure!

AMV_4000
Org Profile

Post by AMV_4000 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:18 am

I might be interested in judging... I Have very different tastes in things.. mabeh more cbr members might be interested. If not a judge, I may want to edit again.

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:21 am

mirkosp wrote:
Radical_Yue wrote:And what are your thoughts on a 2nd round consisting of all the winners from the individual groups to decide the Top 3 as opposed to us just kind of deciding?
If it actually means make a new video to a new pack of songs, sure!
I'm thinking each judge would throw 1 -2 songs into a new pack that is given to all the finalists to choose from?

inthesto
Beef Basket
Org Profile

Post by inthesto » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:22 am

Chiming in to say I've filled in the scores and written in comments for the people in my group. Sorry about the delay, I'll be better about it next time (that's a lie and we all know it).

That said, next time my pool is going to have much more difficult songs. Look forward to it!
Sukunai, Real Canadian Hero wrote:Note to any Muslims present. Abuse a female in my presence, and you are being sent to a hospital emergency ward with life threatening injuries. And no human law will make me change my mind.

javywhite
You belong in a museum
Org Profile

Post by javywhite » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:27 am

Radical_Yue wrote:We're actually considering doing "guest judges" from other studios for the next one. VNS, RDS, who knows? Who would be on board for that?

this sounds fun :sorcerer:

Return to “AMV Contests”