Corndog Vidvids Iron Chef - RESULTS ARE OUT!!!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Otohiko
Org Profile

Re: Corndog Vidvids Iron Chef - RESULTS ARE OUT!!!

Post by Otohiko » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:28 am

SeNniN wrote:don't quite agree with some of the scores given, but I respect his decision. Congrats to everyone that won!
Remember that scores are relative - i.e. each judge probably has slightly different definitions of what a 7 or a 10 in any given category is. I know my definitions are a little different from other judges.

Again, I wanna thank everybody in my category. You guys were awesome, and you really delivered. As you can tell from the scores, I thought it was for the most part a really really close one. I did think that several factors really took Javywhite's video over the top, and in my personal view his is by far the best one in the IC period, but there's lots of other merit to go around here.

I was not disappoint. I sort of hate having to judge and decide, but I really hope you guys aren't disappoint with my results either |:>
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

SeNniN
Org Profile

Post by SeNniN » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:34 am

Otohiko wrote:
SeNniN wrote:don't quite agree with some of the scores given, but I respect his decision. Congrats to everyone that won!
Remember that scores are relative - i.e. each judge probably has slightly different definitions of what a 7 or a 10 in any given category is. I know my definitions are a little different from other judges.

Again, I wanna thank everybody in my category. You guys were awesome, and you really delivered. As you can tell from the scores, I thought it was for the most part a really really close one. I did think that several factors really took Javywhite's video over the top, and in my personal view his is by far the best one in the IC period, but there's lots of other merit to go around here.

I was not disappoint. I sort of hate having to judge and decide, but I really hope you guys aren't disappoint with my results either |:>
Don't get me wrong, I completely understand that, and that's exactly why i said that I respect his decision. :dino:
But, just to be clear, I wasn't just referring to the scores given to me. :uhoh:

ChaosGod
Location: Always running away but no matter how far I go there I am
Org Profile

Post by ChaosGod » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:51 am

Radical_Yue wrote:At this time I'd like to welcome all the participants to leave their comments about the IC.

Anything you'd like to see done in the future? Did you have fun? What do you think could be done to improve the IC?
This was fun and a great learning experience for me.. the layout and everything about it should stay in tact, but yeah maybe every other one do MEP then individual I would surely join again CDVV hosted a great IC and you all should do this again without doubt.

Nuff Said!!

LopezAMV
Org Profile

Post by LopezAMV » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:56 am

Great job everyone and congrats to all the winners :up:
Yue, I completely agree with your comments. I tried making something over the top and it almost ended up backfiring on me. I didn't have enough time to pull it off and it ended up hurting what would've been a really good action amv. Lost so much time trying to make it a crossover too :cry:

Seems my predictions were all wrong. I thought for sure that Javy and Animated would get 1st and 2nd place, respectively, with Niwa not far behind at 3rd. Good job to everyone, nonetheless.

I had fun, round 2 anyone? :ying:

Cecco
Biscotto
Org Profile

Post by Cecco » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:09 am

Congrats to all,this was really good ic! And congrats for top 3!:-)

hamstar138
A Big Ol' Bowl Of Fruit
Org Profile

Post by hamstar138 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:46 am

congrats to all the winners! :3 It was fun to be apart of this!
ImageImage
ImageImage

xell458
Org Profile

Post by xell458 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:52 am

nice comment Yue^^
its a good thing to know what can be done better with such comments :)
that ic was funny i would join next round anytime^^
congratz to the winners^^

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:00 am

Woah, I didn't expect first place o___o I thought javy would take it. But that's awesome! and congrats to everyone, this was a really really fun contest. :up: :bzz: :bzz2:

°Vej°
Org Profile

Post by °Vej° » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:02 am

Chiiisus wrote: A well deserved win for Paco!
I really loved Animated's video too. :3
Totally agree.
And congrats to all, participants and cdvv's staff! Here's some pizza to celebrating :pizza:
Hope there will be more editions of this, I had fun and I'd like to join again :up:
If you can dream it you can do it an AMV

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:18 am

Great job everyone! Congratulations to the winners, and a big thanks to the CDVV staff for hosting this. It was a lot of fun! :)

Definitely agree with your comments Oto. Thanks for the feedback! Congrats to Javy in our group, a very nicely done video! Actually, I liked pretty much all the videos in our group. Now I need to watch more from the rest! :up:

Return to “AMV Contests”