Amv's from HeardYouLikeAMV's getting copied?

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Re: Amv's from HeardYouLikeAMV's getting copied?

Post by Pwolf » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:47 pm

Heardyoulikeamvs uploads my collab with ileia and she gets a ton of subs... i get zero D: (subzero?) no love for pwolf.

I also dont upload AMVs to my channel >.>

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:54 pm

There is a bit of controversy on this. Some people don't mind, some people do mind.

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:16 pm

Pwolf wrote:Heardyoulikeamvs uploads my collab with ileia and she gets a ton of subs... i get zero D: (subzero?) no love for pwolf.

I also dont upload AMVs to my channel >.>

Nuh uh because you got subscribers when I linked to your channel...and I got those subscribers from HeardYoulikeAMVs....
....so by the transitive property, you got subscribers from HeardYouLIkeAMVs.
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:05 am

Fuck!

Note to self: Start caring about views and e-penis rankings on youtube.

I'll never keep up with the kids these days at this rate D:

Shinzui IT
The sexy Artist
Org Profile

Post by Shinzui IT » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:14 am

True, true, subscribers usually comes from who ever has the most subscribers and views and links to your channel. Though, it's kind of weird that they sub you because of just one video they saw. I've seen people just make one video and HeardYouLikeAMV's uploaded the persons video then that person got like 200 or more subs in like less than three days. Like really? people want to sub because one video turned out to be popular somehow? I would understand if the editor had many, but just one really does amazes me.

Shinzui IT
The sexy Artist
Org Profile

Post by Shinzui IT » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:15 am

Radical_Yue wrote:Fuck!

Note to self: Start caring about views and e-penis rankings on youtube.

I'll never keep up with the kids these days at this rate D:
lol, I'll agree to that :up:

Usui Takumi
Org Profile

Post by Usui Takumi » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:06 am

So... those r just channels who keep some copies or vids with them? how bout bestofalltimes or [radical sign]bestamvofalltimes1 ,2 and 3? are those a part of these too? or they r private n make their own amv's n stuff?

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:50 pm

Usui Takumi wrote:So... those r just channels who keep some copies or vids with them? how bout bestofalltimes or [radical sign]bestamvofalltimes1 ,2 and 3? are those a part of these too? or they r private n make their own amv's n stuff?

They just post popular videos and they totally credit the original creator :/ (which if you look at just about any entries comments, it shows this)
All jokes aside, I agree with most of the others who have posted here. The majority of the people who have their videos posted on the bestamvsofalltimes channels like it because who really cares who is getting the "views" as long as people are able to see your video and enjoy it. Like Ileia said, a decent amount of subscribers that she gets originally saw her stuff on one of those channels and sought her out to see more. They help more editors than hurt them. In addition to that, it's better for the average viewer that doesn't know about AMVs and what is considered good or bad. You've got incredibly popular channels that are openly promoting and crediting really fantastic AMVs and their editors. Instead of slopping around youtube through hundreds of thousands of terrible vids, you've got a much higher chance of finding some quality AMVs and lots of them.

AceD
I AM THE BEST
Org Profile

Post by AceD » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:08 pm

In my experience it's usually only younger teens that ever think any different. They seem to fail at seeing the bigger picture.
I don't usually epeen or mention myself here at all but i'll show something this one time
Spoiler :

Thats my daily subscriber increases on those channels, daily views is between 240,000 and 280,000. This keeps increasing a lot every month...and it's not like i spam tons of videos to try get loads of views either. Probably by the end of the year it will be over 400,000 daily at this rate.

It's kind of silly to begin with to think it would somehow hurt anybody, or give the impression that the author is somehow missing out on views. it's impossible for anybody else to get near that. I would just do what Okami does and put the videos in a playlist, they might not be uploaded on his channel, but there his views and accomplishments regardless.

Not that am biased but i think it's an awesome thing to be able to get something so much exposure, and it's almost certainly helping grow the amv fandom :bear:

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:41 pm

Yea, 'cause thinking people should respect the TOS and not upload shit that doesn't belong to them is some radical, fringe idea. :roll:
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Return to “General AMV”