Amv's from HeardYouLikeAMV's getting copied?

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Usui Takumi
Org Profile

Amv's from HeardYouLikeAMV's getting copied?

Post by Usui Takumi » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:15 am

I was searching for an AMV by HeardYouLikeAMV's and clicked on it mistaking it for the channel. I late saw that it was some other channel. It had the same, EXACTLY SAME amv. So i'm just asking if they are copying or u'll are linked or what? Cus even their vid download link was same... :up:

Otohiko
Org Profile

Re: Amv's from HeardYouLikeAMV's getting copied?

Post by Otohiko » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:19 am

What video are you talking about and where?
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Animated
Drama Text Cop
Org Profile

Post by Animated » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:54 am

HeardYouLikeAMVs is a channel that gathers the best videos from the .org and other places, and simply shows it to the world. Since it has thousands of subscribers, I just call this promoting and not "stealing and keeping for my channel". Also, they always give you credit, straight stuff.

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:57 am

Yeah, same as what Animated said. If you read the info on the video in question, the copy on HeardYouLikeAMVs' channel will list the editor who actually made the AMV. The link is usually where that editor posted it originally.
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

AceD
I AM THE BEST
Org Profile

Post by AceD » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:43 pm

Usui Takumi wrote:I was searching for an AMV by HeardYouLikeAMV's and clicked on it mistaking it for the channel. I late saw that it was some other channel. It had the same, EXACTLY SAME amv. So i'm just asking if they are copying or u'll are linked or what? Cus even their vid download link was same... :up:
Sounds like something suspicious is going on... :up:

JuckleJack
Org Profile

Post by JuckleJack » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:04 pm

HeardYouLikeAMV's and similiar channels such as HeardYouLikeEcchi are ran by people who gather AMV's and post them on a single channel. To be honest I don't approve of this even though they give the author credit. Reason being is because the original author usually never gets nearly as many views as the re-uploaded copy.

AceD
I AM THE BEST
Org Profile

Post by AceD » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:57 pm

JuckleJack wrote:HeardYouLikeAMV's and similiar channels such as HeardYouLikeEcchi are ran by people who gather AMV's and post them on a single channel. To be honest I don't approve of this even though they give the author credit. Reason being is because the original author usually never gets nearly as many views as the re-uploaded copy.
Of course, that's because aside from some people getting a bit lucky now and again...youtube is all about statistics. Your reason is that of a dummy, think about it.

Heardyoulikeamvs seems to have around 13-17k subscribers roughly on the channels hes active on, out of those i'd assume around 5-6k are active subs.
Let's use Ileia as the author, 2.6k subscribers....probably around 800-1k are active subs.

From the get go, the copy will get seen by more people, which means it will spread faster, it will rank higher in youtubes system (searches/related videos), it will keep getting views as time goes on. So let's then say we go 6months down the line....the video has 100k views. What you saying is if the copy didn't exist, Ileia would of had the 100k views, he stole her 100k views!!11. No, impossible. Ileia didn't have the base to begin with for the video to grow into the position it has gotten...in all likeliness the video would stay below 10k views forever....unless some luck comes into play. On the contrary though, some people will trickle down from the copy, onto the original. So the original will actually do better with a copy up than it would if it wasn't.

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:33 pm

^ Yep. Views are views, it doesn't matter to me whose copy has more, it's still /my/ video.

Plus, my channel gets suspended about once a year and I have to start a new one from scratch, even my current channel is only about a year and a half old. It's nice to always have copies so people can find them. I'm also not particularly active, so almost all of my subscribers are from people who found my videos through a HeardYouLikeAMVs or BestAMVsofalltime channel. I can tell when they've uploaded a video of mine because I get a sudden surge of subscribers each time.
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:37 pm

showoff

Animated
Drama Text Cop
Org Profile

Post by Animated » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:44 pm

Ileia wrote:I can tell when they've uploaded a video of mine because I get a sudden surge of subscribers each time.
Whoa, today I got a dozen of subscribers... so after reading the comments above, I checked Youtube (5 minutes ago) and yes, NeverEnoughEpicAMVs3 uploaded my CDVV Contest Video this morning. Ileia speaks of the truth.

Return to “General AMV”