Org Profile

Re: The Happy Thread

Post by JaddziaDax » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:39 pm

Netflix O.O

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:42 pm

Finally finished checking the No-Effects category. 2,273 videos and almost over half of them had effects. :bear:

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:29 am

Helped some friends with a cool DIY project yesterday. It's a gaming table topper - a low-height table that goes on top of a regular height table so you have space underneath for dice, food, character sheets, etc and a full whiteboard surface up top for drawing up encounters, a battle mat, etc. I used some of the leftover lighting kits from my trophy display case project to add lighting under the thing. They're multi-color LED strips, so we can set colors based on situation. Really adds an atmosphere to a game. Can't wait to give it a propper trial run this weekend - it looks great.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:12 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:Helped some friends with a cool DIY project yesterday. It's a gaming table topper - a low-height table that goes on top of a regular height table so you have space underneath for dice, food, character sheets, etc and a full whiteboard surface up top for drawing up encounters, a battle mat, etc. I used some of the leftover lighting kits from my trophy display case project to add lighting under the thing. They're multi-color LED strips, so we can set colors based on situation. Really adds an atmosphere to a game. Can't wait to give it a propper trial run this weekend - it looks great.
That sounds really awesome. I wanna see pics of it in use.
ImageImageImageImage

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:58 pm

Narrowly averted a major tech disaster in my class by having a spare SD card on me for some random reason. Our tech assistant forgot to put a memory card into the camera we use to record student presentations, and without the recording the whole class would've been fucken pointless.

I guess "whew, dodged that one!" counts as a happy occasion, right? :P
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

meleechampion
Org Profile

Post by meleechampion » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:19 pm

Radical_Yue wrote:Finally finished checking the No-Effects category. 2,273 videos and almost over half of them had effects. :bear:
There's gotta be a way to... you know... like, crowd source this.

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:05 am

The plumbing issue at home has finally been fixed. After living in fear of both sewage and weeping systems backing up into my room and the whole basement, having to live with maybe 1 shower a week, limited dish washing and usage, and doing laundry at friends houses (and sometimes showering if I can) for the last 4 months I can finally get back to living more normally and cleanly again. I had a nice time at the hotel since Thursday since I had to break down my bedroom in order to allow the plumbers to tear apart the floor in order to fix the broken pipes. There was a lot of hard work that went into putting my room back together and cleaning up after the plumbers yesterday after work. But in the end, being able to sleep in my own bed again and not having to cover up the smell of sewage with Yankee Candles was priceless.

Now if only management at work can get their heads out of their asses and actually make up their mind about the damn budget so I can finally discuss my pay rate for my new job I'd be ecstatic.
ImageImageImageImage

Dr. Derpface, J.D.
Org Profile

Post by Dr. Derpface, J.D. » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:29 pm

Very close friend of mine is moving back to the area soon. The circumstances around the move are rather crap, but she's excited to be coming back to a town that she'll always call home. Soon as she finds a job & a place, the truck gets loaded up and the trek begins. Got to have dinner with her last weekend, and we're going running on Saturday morning before probably spending the day lounging around the coffee shop while she paints and I write. Good times :)

And after forever & a day, I finally came across a paid voiceover job this past week. Nothing fancy, but it worked to a really nice hourly rate. Hopefully it leads to more, since that's what I really want to do for a living. More like this and I can start thinking about building my studio, which would help me get even bigger contracts.

So all in all, it's been a rather awesome past couple of weeks despite the annoyances & stress at work. :)
Tinnitus

<Fire_Starter> Stirspeare: college=failsauce?
<Stirspeare> Fire_Starter: Electoral college etc.

"Then you weeaboo faggots need to stop thinking that Japan is ZOMG awsmsauce where all ur waifu dreams come true."
-Kionon / Athena - January 12, 2010

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:09 pm

Finally going to E3 this year thanks to Hitori and his crew from Team Kaizen Games. Check them out! http://teamkaizengames.com/

:up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) |:> |:> |:> |:> |:> |:> :bzz: :bzz: :bzz: :bzz: :bzz: :bzz: :bzz2: :bzz2: :bzz2: :bzz2: :bzz2:
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:28 pm

ngsilver wrote:
BasharOfTheAges wrote:Helped some friends with a cool DIY project yesterday. It's a gaming table topper - a low-height table that goes on top of a regular height table so you have space underneath for dice, food, character sheets, etc and a full whiteboard surface up top for drawing up encounters, a battle mat, etc. I used some of the leftover lighting kits from my trophy display case project to add lighting under the thing. They're multi-color LED strips, so we can set colors based on situation. Really adds an atmosphere to a game. Can't wait to give it a propper trial run this weekend - it looks great.
That sounds really awesome. I wanna see pics of it in use.
I'll take some this weekend.

On another note - my manager has pulled me aside and told me people are impressed with my work lately 3 separate times in the past month. :D
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Return to “General Discussion”