[CDVV IC] - Farewell, Black Swordsman

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

[CDVV IC] - Farewell, Black Swordsman

Post by CodeZTM » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:03 pm

"The Black Swordsman, after being trapped in a deadly virtual world by "The Immortal One", thinks only of his own survival and escaping this virtual hell. Shutting out the world around him, he escapes into the wilds to grow stronger. However, a series of events and people slowly make him change his perspective. How much will he give for the people of this world, and for the one he loves?"

---

Oto's group.

Had fun, got to edit instrumental for the first time and edit with some pretty cool sources. |:>

Gracias to Yue for hosting!

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Re: [CDVV IC] - Farewell, Black Swordsman

Post by AimoAio » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:15 pm

Felt a tad long and the editing was really plain and did nothing to help the AMV stand out in any way but considering it's 3 odd minutes and edited for an IC, it's decent. The slightly faster section around 2:30 didn't quite hold up in terms of pacing though, some of the scenes felt sorta redundant and the AMV could have done without them, more scenes of them fighting here would have worked better to go with the song but I guess the way it stands just now is it conveys your theme more clearly? xD

So mood wasn't too bad and you managed to convey your theme well but editing was really uninteresting and so the AMV felt sorta generic. Even though it was mostly a raw style you did, I still feel like there could have been something you could have done to make it more interesting to watch. For a start, I think it would have been better if you had shortened the song and spent more time polishing a shorter AMV than going for the full thing and making it seem rough. Not a bad AMV though! :)

ibabrak
Org Profile

Post by ibabrak » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:48 pm

I do agree that it was missing something. I feel like there was too much of all those other girls and too little of Asuna considering that you did make the beginning and also the end about her. As for the final battle it appeared rather suddenly with no prelude. I did actually like the amv but I feel that I mostly liked it for the nostalgia I felt when watching it.
I hope I'm not too harsh, I usually try to sweet things up but I'll just be honest since I love your amvs :)
Anyway, it was still lovely, good job :up: :)
ImageImage

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:05 pm

Oh yeah, I definitely agree with both of you. Thank you for the comments/input.

The concept/story combined with bland editing was definitely the weak spot of the video, and I think I should have gone a different route and JUST focused on the romantic side of the two, instead of making it more about Kirito.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”