Tayo - MoonFlower

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
_tayo_
Org Profile

Tayo - MoonFlower

Post by _tayo_ » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:10 am

About the knight and the great lady.

Making of
"...more brilliant than the sun, more hypnotic than the moon..."

xexyzl
Org Profile

Re: Tayo - MoonFlower

Post by xexyzl » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:11 pm

Pretty damn decent AMV; I'm not sure what your audio source was but it had some noticeable compression and clipping issues.

Emong
A Damaged Lemon
Org Profile

Post by Emong » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:58 pm

This AMV was meant to be.

I thought it was generally speaking quite good. I liked how you sticked with the fades during the slow parts and the pacing went up properly for the more dynamic scenes. However, the story felt a little bit unfinished and a bit confusing at parts. It might have been better to go with something even more abstract or then try to stick to a simple linear storyline. As it is now, it looks like you wanted to tell a story but didn't quite get the right scenes. Perhaps it would have required much more work in order to become a full blown crossover (if you can call it that..it's basically one series). Just to point out one detail as an example: in 2:39 you could have tried to change the background so that Irisviel would have collapsed in the same scene where Saber is fighting Berserker and all the other guys.

That being sad, lovely concept and it had a really nice mood to it <3

Azexous
has a bleak short life of editing chinese cartoons and pursuing money until his inevitable bacon coma at the age of 30
Org Profile

Post by Azexous » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:13 pm

Oh wow, I was deceived by how simple it is.

I actually liked this from the moment I watched it. However, there maybe some implicit details in here. I don't know exactly because I never watched Fate/Zero. The story is still clear nevertheless. Lovely work. :]

Kamei
Org Profile

Post by Kamei » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:51 am

Well done! Good action with brains. It’s rare and I love how done it in this amv. AMV about friendship and bond stronger than love. I think strong emotions can pierce the barrier between life and death.

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:44 pm

Like Emong mentioned, the story felt unfinished in a few sections. For example the section around 1:07 felt like it contained some bigger story/idea behind it but it was too short and didn't quite convey what you wanted (or maybe it did and I just didn't get it) and I'm slightly confused about the ending but I guess it's up for different interpretations so I didn't dwell much on it. Editing was generally pretty awesome though I felt some scenes weren't clipped very well so there were about 1-2 frames that didn't feel like they should be there but got left in by accident, for example the scene of Irisviel around 1:31 just felt a tiny tiny bit longer than necessary.

Aside from those the whole AMV was fantastic. I especially love the mood, it's just so beautiful and I don't know how to describe it but it manages to conveys the same feeling as the song despite the lack of literal lyric sync and it just makes it...I don't know, emotionally strong? XD

But anyway I liked it, good job! :up:

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”