Ohayocon 13 AMV contest - WINNERS!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
ahinton
Org Profile

Ohayocon 13 AMV contest - WINNERS!

Post by ahinton » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:20 am

Here is the list of contest winners for the Ohayocon 13 AMV contest for your enjoyment.

Best of Mindtrip - Anime; The Freak Show by Allmostanyone, second is Pure Imagination by Zanzaben
Best of Action - Wasted Away by LoneSaiyan115 of Way of the Pride Studios - Second place was Combat of the Warrior by MusicFreak34 of VailantHellFire Productions
Best of Drama - Saudade by Galia & Kitty - Second place was Endless Hide & Seek by vej
Best of Parody/Trailer - The Avengers Live TV by EimiJ7 - Second place was Psycho-Pass: Mental Regression by Robert Frazer of Cyclops Productions
Best of Romance - Wish by SatoshiSakura - Second place BFB by Bill Meunier of Jump Cut Productions
Best of Upbeat/Dance - Beautiful, Dirty, ANARCHY by James Blond - Second place was My Anima by EimiJ7
Audience Choice - Soulmance by FuzzyRedPants - Second place was Persona 4: Gangnam Style by cuteentei
Best of Show - Dreamer by Renato-kun of Sora Studios - Second place was Saudade by Galia & Kitty

To those who won, I will be sending out your awards and well as a couple of prizes cortesy of Funamation. It may take a few weeks before you see the awards and prizes however so please be patient. I will e-mail you personally if there are any issues. I want to take this moment to thank all the editors who entered into this contest, all of my judges for all of your hard work in putting together both the contest showing and the panel, and finally the entire Ohayocon audience for being such a great audience. All of you guys really helped make this a great contest.
Matsuricon V.E.S. AMV Contest Coordinator 2023
https://matsuricon.org/
amv@matsuricon.org

°Vej°
Org Profile

Re: Ohayocon 13 AMV contest - WINNERS!

Post by °Vej° » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:22 pm

Congratulations to all the winners!
If you can dream it you can do it an AMV

James Blond
Org Profile

Post by James Blond » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:24 pm

Congrats, everyone! :up:

kapparomeo
Org Profile

Post by kapparomeo » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:38 am

Thanks to everyone who voted for Psycho-Pass: Mental Regression - I'm glad that you enjoyed it. Congratulations to EimiJ7 for winning the Trailer/Parody category - although I couldn't be present at the contest itself, I saw your video on YouTube and knew that I was in for some stiff competition!

I intend to announce a downloadable version of the AMV to the .org in the next few days, but in the meantime if anyone would like to watch Psycho-Pass: Mental Regression again here is a link to it on YouTube, including a credits sequence (and a little treat if you stick all the way to the end!):

Psycho-Pass: Mental Regression

Looking to the future, if the anime gives me suitable footage in its upcoming episodes, I intend to produce a "Deluxe Edition" of the AMV with the scenes from Akira replaced with something in a more consistent style.

Thanks again for all your support!

James Blond
Org Profile

Post by James Blond » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:45 pm

My prizes showed up in the mail today! THANK YOU! :up:

Return to “AMV Contests”