Bit of an Irgendwie Pickle

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
spearcarrier
Org Profile

Bit of an Irgendwie Pickle

Post by spearcarrier » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:45 pm

Hi all. I've never posted in here before... and it's been years since I've been back. I thought this site shut down forever. Egg on my face. And what has me finding it again is me trying to recover from a computer explosion of massive proportions.

I made the AMV Irgendwie using Howl's Moving Castle, found here: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... p?v=164432

The problem: of all my AMV's it's the only nonsurvivor, and the only reason why the others survived is because of this place. This glorious place.... but when I'd uploaded Irgendwie I wasn't able to upload directly and instead had used blasted Google Video. And now, no matter how I try, I can't get in to see my videos to rescue them despite Google's public statement they were going to keep things accessible. And I don't have a migrate to Youtube option.

The only place Irgendwie lives is Clipmoon. Here: http://www.clipmoon.com/videos/1450460/ ... stle-.html

Unless... maybe someone who collects AMVs the way I used to downloaded it before Google said f** u? Which is my sincerest hope. Of all my AMVs it's my pride and joy, even though it never won any contests, and I'm in tears trying to at least get a small copy of it back.

I hope someone can help me. I hope the system notified me if someone answers this thread.
if I danced in my sleep as I danced in my dreaming
As graceful and gleaming as death in disguise...
Oh! That would be sweet. But then would I hunger
to be ten years younger? Or wedded? or wise?

~The Last Unicorn, Peter S. Beagle

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Re: Bit of an Irgendwie Pickle

Post by Rider4Z » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:45 am

Have you tried messaging the user who uploaded your video to clipmoon? maybe they can provide it for you. Also, you stated that it hasn't won any awards, but did you even enter it anywhere? If you have, try contacting the coordinators. Most keep all entries they receive for cataloging purposes and other various reasons.

trythil
is
Org Profile

Post by trythil » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:38 am

I don't have a high-quality copy of your video, but grabbing it off of clipmoon was pretty easy, so:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/nw-depot/Irgendwie.mkv

Plays with mplayer; VLC should also work.

spearcarrier
Org Profile

Post by spearcarrier » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:15 am

trythil: wow, thank you! HOW did you do that? I tried getting it off of Clipmoon, but I couldn't.
Rider: I'm the user who uploaded it, but to download my own videos I have to have apremium membership. That's 15 euros a month... I think that translates to $30. Which I wold have paid if I had it. I don't. And I couldn't remember where it was entered... I didn't enter it in many places, though.

Thank you both! Maybe I'll use this as a template to remake it: tweak some parts.

And I"m so glad this place survives!!! I loved this place.
if I danced in my sleep as I danced in my dreaming
As graceful and gleaming as death in disguise...
Oh! That would be sweet. But then would I hunger
to be ten years younger? Or wedded? or wise?

~The Last Unicorn, Peter S. Beagle

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:23 am

trythil wrote:I don't have a high-quality copy of your video, but grabbing it off of clipmoon was pretty easy, so:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/nw-depot/Irgendwie.mkv

Plays with mplayer; VLC should also work.
how'd you do that? i tried keepvid and no go

trythil
is
Org Profile

Post by trythil » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:14 pm

Chrome and Safari ship with tools to monitor HTTP (and related) traffic; Firebug implements that for Firefox. You'll see this:

The request for the FLV is the request that's streaming in the video.

Once you have the URL, you can try to grab it outside of a Web browser (which IMO is easiest). Some video sites force you to screw around with access tokens and the like, but clipmoon doesn't; therefore, the simplest solution works fine:

Download and copy the streams to a more palatable container:

youtube-dl automates this for popular video-sharing websites. I wasn't sure if it'd work on clipmoon, though, so I just did this instead.

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:51 pm

hm. how bout that.

Return to “General AMV”