Corndog Vidvids Iron Chef - RESULTS ARE OUT!!!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Re: Corndog Vidvids Iron Chef - IT HAS BEGUUNNNN!

Post by ngsilver » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:59 pm

I am quite enjoying some of the music selection. I've wanted to make videos to a few of the songs so now the chore is more deciding which to settle on. I think I got a good idea.

Only problem for me now is the limited source on my laptop and the news I just got that I'm kicked out of the house until Monday night at least cuz' they have to tear up part of the floor. So I'm stuck with my laptop to edit with. Here's hoping I can get premier to work after the fresh install I'm doing now.
ImageImageImageImage

Kimberly
Org Profile

Re: Corndog Vidvids Iron Chef - Signups CLOSED

Post by Kimberly » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:02 pm

Chiiisus wrote:
Otohiko wrote:Hope you guys liked the song selections! (Well, I guess most of you did!)
Also hopefully the song that stuck out for a couple of you wasn't the same one :P
That's why I'm trying to avoid the one song that stands out to me. I didn't expect the songs but it'll be interesting to try something different, even if the outcome isn't perfect! :sweat:

I think I have my song, just need to pick out a good source to help me pull it off! :3
Lol yeaaaaah, I'm hoping the song I chose isn't what everybody else chose xD
ImageImage

inthesto
Beef Basket
Org Profile

Post by inthesto » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:26 pm

aesling wrote:
inthesto wrote:Deus Ex Human Revolution - Opening Credits = Michael McCann - Icarus
Shadow Hearts Covenant - The Result Is Always Death (OC ReMix) = Mattias Häggström Gerdt - The Result Is Always Death
Actually, no, Icarus is the song they play during the end credits, not the opening credits. The opening credits are listed as "Opening Credits" in the official soundtrack, so as far as I know, that is what the song is called. The Shadow Hearts song is a remix as well, so "OC Remix version" should probably stay somewhere in the title.

Sorry for the extra edits Yue, I hadn't had my coffee earlier T_T
Oh hmm, you're right. Icarus is just the most memorable track, so that's what I assume it was.
Sukunai, Real Canadian Hero wrote:Note to any Muslims present. Abuse a female in my presence, and you are being sent to a hospital emergency ward with life threatening injuries. And no human law will make me change my mind.

GuntherAMVs
Mistress of Cocaine.
Org Profile

Post by GuntherAMVs » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:55 pm

What is the time limit~?
Like how long/how short?
I don't think I saw it on the front page x'DD
*is not observant*
:sorcerer:
LIVE YOUR ART. LOVE YOUR LIFE.

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:10 pm

GuntherAMVs wrote:What is the time limit~?
Like how long/how short?
*is not observant*
That's because there is no limit o:

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:07 pm

MystykAMV wrote:awwww I wish I could have joined ;_; i hope you guys will do this soon again!! :D i would have joined meleechampion or Kitsuner *.* make one next week too plz xDDD
Yes yes.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

ChaosGod
Location: Always running away but no matter how far I go there I am
Org Profile

Post by ChaosGod » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:10 pm

Kimberly wrote:
Chiiisus wrote:
Otohiko wrote:Hope you guys liked the song selections! (Well, I guess most of you did!)
Also hopefully the song that stuck out for a couple of you wasn't the same one :P
That's why I'm trying to avoid the one song that stands out to me. I didn't expect the songs but it'll be interesting to try something different, even if the outcome isn't perfect! :sweat:

I think I have my song, just need to pick out a good source to help me pull it off! :3
Lol yeaaaaah, I'm hoping the song I chose isn't what everybody else chose xD

Me too ^^ :rofl: :up: I'm so going in a odd direction with this AMV and something I never done before to challenge even myself so hopefully inthesto likes it... good luck with yours... and everyone else too :up: good luck and most important Have FUN :jester:

ChaosGod
Location: Always running away but no matter how far I go there I am
Org Profile

Post by ChaosGod » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:12 pm

Radical_Yue wrote:
GuntherAMVs wrote:What is the time limit~?
Like how long/how short?
*is not observant*
That's because there is no limit o:
omg everyone make the most epic 1second amv you can we all send that in ^^ :wink:

Chiiisus
Org Profile

Post by Chiiisus » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:22 am

5:21am and I'm still editing. :uhoh:

Even if this isn't good, I'm beginning to have fun editing with it! Thanks Oto! :dino:
Rawr desu <3

meleechampion
Org Profile

Post by meleechampion » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:32 am

Alright, I've heard that some in my group are having trouble editing in my style so I'm gonna offer a few tips.
  • Pick a source you're really familiar with, maybe the only show you've been into for the past several years.
  • Now pick just a couple of episodes from that show. You'll probably only want the first two, or somewhere near the climax.
  • Design your AMV's storyboard to mirror the plot line of the show. Better yet, forget to even think about a storyboard.
  • Plop the entire episode(s) worth of footage on your timeline.
  • Cut out the talky bits.
  • Sync the rest.
You're done!

Return to “AMV Contests”