Adobe.com offering up most of CS2 for free [win/mac]

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
SQ
Doesn't have a title
Org Profile

Re: Adobe.com offering up most of CS2 for free [win/mac]

Post by SQ » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:50 am

@Qyot27:

Adobe's known for not really caring about piracy. They're probably pretty apathetic to situation at this point, and are simply covering their asses legally.
StandardQuip
Discord: @standardquip
BentoVid (previously AMV Sashimi) Discord Server

Qyot27
Surreptitious fluffy bunny
Org Profile

Post by Qyot27 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:01 pm

I figured as much (that the notice is there more for plausible deniability with the licensors they have to answer to) by now. The alternative was that the notices are there to make people feel guilty after they quietly cleared away the obstacles and basically did this deliberately (but would never actually admit to that). Which is just twisted.
My profile on MyAnimeList | Quasistatic Regret: yeah, yeah, I finally got a blog

DJ_Izumi
Org Profile

Post by DJ_Izumi » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:39 pm

SQ wrote:@Qyot27:

Adobe's known for not really caring about piracy. They're probably pretty apathetic to situation at this point, and are simply covering their asses legally.
It's not that they don't care about piracy, it's that they realize that the vast majority of people who pirate the software would never, ever buy the software. However the people who have a ligitimate need for Adobe Software? Unless they are freakin' stupid, they will buy the software out of fear that Adobe will sue the bejebus out of them. I'm an indie filmmaker, I'm filming a shoot out between police and a suspect in an ER for a film in two weeks. Wanna know what could happen if my copy of Adobe CS6 was't ligit? Adobe could sue me for royalties or worse.

But people captioning photos of cats or screwing around making little music videos for YouTube? They'd NEVER buy this stuff and if maybe one day their usage of that software lead to them having a professional need for it, now they've been sold on how great the software is and they'll be whipping out their credit cards.

Ryvannis
Org Profile

Post by Ryvannis » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:12 pm

DJ_Izumi wrote:
SQ wrote:@Qyot27:

It's not that they don't care about piracy, it's that they realize that the vast majority of people who pirate the software would never, ever buy the software. However the people who have a ligitimate need for Adobe Software? Unless they are freakin' stupid, they will buy the software out of fear that Adobe will sue the bejebus out of them. I'm an indie filmmaker, I'm filming a shoot out between police and a suspect in an ER for a film in two weeks. Wanna know what could happen if my copy of Adobe CS6 was't ligit? Adobe could sue me for royalties or worse.

But people captioning photos of cats or screwing around making little music videos for YouTube? They'd NEVER buy this stuff and if maybe one day their usage of that software lead to them having a professional need for it, now they've been sold on how great the software is and they'll be whipping out their credit cards.
That's pretty much it. Pushing against piracy would only increase it, at least in what Adobe assumes. Though they won't make it exactly easy for people circumvent their programs. Not that I'm enforcing the idea. I'm basically implying that they really can't do nothing about the piracy, so they might as well cover try and cover their bases in the long run at least.

Return to “Adobe Software”