"After Image" Effect

Tarage
Org Profile

"After Image" Effect

Post by Tarage » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:29 pm

Hi folks.

I'm trying to create an effect that I can only describe as an after image effect. Essentially, I'd like to do what Rubyeye did in his video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxfzGE6htfk at about the 3:59 mark.

I'm using Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5. I am on Windows 7 64 bit. I have an Intel i5-2500 4 core processor at 3.30GHz and 8 GB ram.

I am aware this effect may not be possible to do in CS5.5 so I'm open to suggestions as to what to use.

Thank you.

Eake4
Australian Zeus
Org Profile

Re: "After Image" Effect

Post by Eake4 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:49 pm

2 exact same tracks one directly on top of other. Have the top track on screen or overlay mode or instead you could turn down the opacity, next keyframe the top track so it zooms in. Thats pretty much it.

illninofan
Org Profile

Post by illninofan » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:52 pm

I thought it was called a "pulse" or "beat" effect.

Same thing though.

MillenaryWish
Org Profile

Post by MillenaryWish » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:56 pm

hmm there are many way to create this effect. The first thing that comes to my mind is to duplicate the (already) rotoscoped image and adding a little bit of brightness, maybe change to add or overlay instead. After that I would animate the layer I added the brightness (or changed the mode) in z space, I'm pretty sure you can use the scale tool as well, just be sure to have the anchor point in the middle of the image.

Eake4
Australian Zeus
Org Profile

Post by Eake4 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:13 am

MillenaryWish wrote:hmm there are many way to create this effect. The first thing that comes to my mind is to duplicate the (already) rotoscoped image and adding a little bit of brightness, maybe change to add or overlay instead. After that I would animate the layer I added the brightness (or changed the mode) in z space, I'm pretty sure you can use the scale tool as well, just be sure to have the anchor point in the middle of the image.
Z space ofcourse is neccessary if you want crazy results, its the way of using Z space which makes him crazy

Tarage
Org Profile

Post by Tarage » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:48 am

"Z" space?

Anyway, I did the two tracks on top of each other. It looks pretty good. Not perfect but it's fine for what I need.

Eake4
Australian Zeus
Org Profile

Post by Eake4 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:16 am

Z space is just 3D or 2.5D if you are using AE or any other non-3D built program.

MillenaryWish
Org Profile

Post by MillenaryWish » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:18 am

Tarage wrote:"Z" space?

Anyway, I did the two tracks on top of each other. It looks pretty good. Not perfect but it's fine for what I need.
What I meant was move the image in Z - space (Z space is usually enabled when you add camera into your composition and tick the make 3D button)

Tarage
Org Profile

Post by Tarage » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:21 am

I think I'm good with what I have.

Return to “Effects & Techniques”