NEW TO AMVS:What program should I buy?

illninofan
Org Profile

Re: NEW TO AMVS:What program should I buy?

Post by illninofan » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:11 pm

I'm in the same boat you are (recently made an AMV...well with a non-anime) with WLMM got bored and I'm ready to step it up, finally.

Vegas looks right up my alley, and I'd suggest it for anyone making the jump.

ChaosGod
Location: Always running away but no matter how far I go there I am
Org Profile

Post by ChaosGod » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:26 am

Pwolf wrote:Correct... that said, premiere + after effects is way more powerful as whole than vegas ever will be.
Going to have to agree here... I have used vegas for sometime now (which also seems unstable and harder on a computers resources) I moved to Premier+After Effects which I already had experience in AE prior to making amvs for other stuff but I am new to premier and this was easy to jump into and figure out

Vegas also has to load the media on the timeline each time you switch between programs and Premier does not do this.. AE offers your masking which is easier and actually less complex than Vegas...

Just my experience go which ever way you feel more comphortable

Ryvannis
Org Profile

Post by Ryvannis » Mon May 20, 2013 12:26 am

chaosgod357 wrote:
Pwolf wrote:Correct... that said, premiere + after effects is way more powerful as whole than vegas ever will be.
Going to have to agree here... I have used vegas for sometime now (which also seems unstable and harder on a computers resources) I moved to Premier+After Effects which I already had experience in AE prior to making amvs for other stuff but I am new to premier and this was easy to jump into and figure out

Vegas also has to load the media on the timeline each time you switch between programs and Premier does not do this.. AE offers your masking which is easier and actually less complex than Vegas...

Just my experience go which ever way you feel more comphortable
I know some people who actually prefer Vegas because of the inbuilt masking. It's really dependent on your own preference. Premiere and AE will take some time to get used to if you are still new to editing, especially with AE.

Return to “Video Editing Software”