What are you playing?

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Re: What are you playing?

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:28 am

So I'm committed to it now. I made my first video of a blind Let's Play today. Although I have been dubious about it, my brother took a chance and bought me DmC Devil May Cry a few days ago (belated Christmas present). Since I don't get ahold of new and current things very often, I decided that this was a good time to finally make a Let's Play. Still gotta combine the audio and the face cam and export the video, but soon I'll finally have something to put up on that LP channel I made on YouTube over a year ago.

As for my opinions on the game... well, I'll reserve those until I get a ways into it. It's too early yet, but I'll admit that I have been neither disappointed nor impressed as of yet - which is already better than I was hoping for.

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:54 pm

I just finished Far Cry 3 an hour ago, so I'm thinking of replacing that with Skyrim or Fallout New Vegas (probably gonna be Skyrim). Though it's going to be a while until I start up another open world game.
I've been playing Assassin's Creed III in little bursts. I want to find out what happens story-wise, but I just can't get into this game. It's so bad compared to its predecessors ;___;
I'm gonna start playing some Magicka with friends if I can catch them at the right times. I just recently uninstalled League of Legends because that game took up waaaaay too much of my time. >__>
Still trying to 100% Batman: Arkham City. A few more trophies and I can finally fight the Riddler! :D
And lastly, I just bought a fightstick yesterday so I'm gonna start playing UMvC3 and maybe some SF4.

GloryQuestor
Moderation Hero
Org Profile

Post by GloryQuestor » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:21 pm

atm, Corspe Party: Book of Shadows on my PSP.

Playing the original is pretty much required to know what's going on here. And if you haven't played the original Corspe Party yet ... why are you waiting? It's one of the best JRPG Horror games you can get, and Book of Shadows has turned up the horror dial to 11. Well worth the asking price. :sweat:

(Yep, haven't upgraded yet... still waiting for Sony to publish more than the 1 game that would make a Vita worth it. Also, not really looking forward to buying more memory cards and re-downloading all my PSN purchases -_-; )
Website Administrator, AnimeMusicVideos.Org
Samurai Warriors Productions
Pittsburgh Japanese Culture Society Events - AMV Department Head
Middle Tennessee Anime Convention - Main Events Operations Manager
Anime Weekend Atlanta - Senior Manager of Programming - Video Art Track

Jadecavy
Org Profile

Post by Jadecavy » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:02 am

8bit_samurai
Hmm...
Org Profile

Post by 8bit_samurai » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:49 pm

Just beat Disgaea 3. Now I just gotta beat Disgaea 2 (which I'm almost done I think) and 4 (haven't started yet) before Disgaea D2 comes states side, if it comes states side. Hopefully it comes states side anyways.
Under Construction

Mr. Fuzzyflippers
Lets Positive Thinking
Org Profile

Post by Mr. Fuzzyflippers » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:13 pm

Taking a break from Persona 4 Golden and Pokemon Black 2. Decided to continue my run of Persona 1. Although I might put that on halt again to play Digital Devil Saga.

I'm also doing a Dark-Only run of Pokemon Ruby. Currently on the 8th gym, so I should be able to finish that tonight.

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:35 pm

I'm on Mission 08 of DmC Devil May Cry, and thus far, I'm not terribly impressed. The game isn't bad, but it just reminds me too much of DMC2 with a shiny coat of paint, a lot more swearing, and Nero's Devil Bringer brought back in a different disguise. I want to like it. I really do. It still has plenty of time to turn around, but so far things aren't looking up.

Dr. Derpface, J.D.
Org Profile

Post by Dr. Derpface, J.D. » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:10 pm

I'm on my third playthrough of Dead Space 2 on a trophy grind to kill the time before 3 hits the shelves on Tuesday. About the only thing that keeps me apprehensive is the first stalker encounter in chapter 4. Maybe it's the creepy atmosphere and the lack of lighting in the basilica, but the other times I run into them (even the "enhanced" versions) it's just picking them off from a distance.

One more thing - the Ripper may not be the most practical weapon in the game, but when you're being swarmed by those little pale screaming bastards (the pack, I think), it sure is the most satisfying one to use...
Tinnitus

<Fire_Starter> Stirspeare: college=failsauce?
<Stirspeare> Fire_Starter: Electoral college etc.

"Then you weeaboo faggots need to stop thinking that Japan is ZOMG awsmsauce where all ur waifu dreams come true."
-Kionon / Athena - January 12, 2010

8bit_samurai
Hmm...
Org Profile

Post by 8bit_samurai » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:19 am

Just beat Disgaea 2, and that was quite a surprising twist. Just started Disgaea 4, and probably gonna work on Pokemon White as well and maybe start on Mario Kart 7.

Also debating whether or not to get a new PSP since the current one's starting get these lines that appears to copy and shift pixels to the left, and the longer it's on it seems more lines appear (they used to be pretty transparent at first and on the left side, but now they aren't really transparent and there's a couple forming on the right and middle). Unfortunately I can't find a fix for this, since most fixes I find are for a different type of lines than the ones described. And there's a still a few PSP games I've still to finish/play.
Under Construction

Fay-Sa
Chasing Crimson Butterflies
Org Profile

Post by Fay-Sa » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:34 am

I just picked up Apollo Justice Ace Attorney and Professor Layton and the Curious Village a few days ago.

I haven't started on Layton yet but so far Apollo Justice is fun. I've only played the 1st Ace Attorney and I really enjoyed it but because I skip 2&3 I'm a little lost on some of the characters. I haven't played the Layton games before but I've been told good things so I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully they'll release the crossover game here.

Also almost done with Ni No Kuni as well and wow this game is just amazing.

Return to “General Discussion”