The Happy Thread

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
irriadin
BUBBLES!
Org Profile

Re: The Happy Thread

Post by irriadin » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:53 pm

Castor Troy wrote:
irriadin wrote:Personal goals and convictions. Don't forget them.

I've decided that this year will be my best year in AMVs. SO WATCH OUT.
Maybe I'll be carrying your AX chair this year. |:>
:up: :awesome:

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:32 pm

Paycheck... and tax return :awesome:

Due to recent circumstances and also just sticking around the place for 4 years, I've decided to by myself something with all the extra money from this past month instead of being a fiscally responsible adult...

Are booze, women, and drugs still a thing?

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:08 am

Nah, but a new HOTAS is a thing :wink:

Yeah, I can x2 you on that from last week. Paychecks and a little bit of stability, even when your work is stressful (as mine has been for the last month), is never a bad thing.
I finally went to a grocery store today and was able to buy ANYTHING that I wanted instead of being scared of making it to the end of the month with enough to eat. And then go out and have $50 tea while out in NYC and feeling like a millionaire for a couple of hours. That was pretty good.

So yeah, kick back a bit. Do something for yourself :bear:

Personally, I already promised myself that the income from my 4-month contract here isn't gonna go to ANY serious purchases or even living improvements. I intend to keep my costs minimal, and use almost all of the extra money to travel, see people, go to concerts, treat myself to better food, and just generally enjoy myself a little more and, wherever possible, share with other people. Which IMO is even better than booze, women and drugs :beer:
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:12 am

I got my tax return already (which I was concerned about since everyone and their mom was all like "The IRS says everything is supposed to be late this year!")

I haven't gotten it yet, but recently discovered that I've got a little money coming my way from my grandma, who passed away 10 years ago. I contacted her insurance company last week, I'll be getting a check in about two weeks. (Thank you for thinking of me, grandma <3 )

AND I'll be getting a financial aid refund, since I was awarded more than I spent on tuition. Not only that, but I'm getting twice what I previously thought because I got another grant that only posted on my account this week.

I'm not counting chickens yet on the last two in case they're delayed or something, but having a month in which I'll potentially have five times the amount of money that I normally do? I'm kinda stoked. I've been wearing the same pair of shoes with holes in them (which means my feet get wet and cold in the snow) for about a month. After work today, I'm buying TWO pairs of shoes. :up:

Emong
A Damaged Lemon
Org Profile

Post by Emong » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:16 pm

Congrats everyone for your...err, financial stability? |:> I think I can safely join the same crowd of financially stable people. Not that my income is big (I'm a student..need to explain more?) but I manage pretty well :bear:

Kimberly
Org Profile

Post by Kimberly » Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:45 am

Past two days have been too awesome <3
ImageImage

Taite
Org Profile

Post by Taite » Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:31 am

Saw Silver Linings Playbook and holy crap. :bzz: <3 <3 <3 :bzz2: |:> :up: :sorcerer: First time I've been to the movies in a couple years, but I'm so glad I went, seriously needed that. I was losing faith in Hollywood because I've pretty much bought every new dvd release for years, and the last good one that stands out to me was Avatar.
This movie though... shiiiiit. I'm gunna buy the fuck out of that dvd when it comes out and it'll be one of the few that get scratches on it, for darn sure.
Image Image

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:53 am

Really want to see what one. Been on a movie watching hiatus since I saw Les Mis'.

Kimberly
Org Profile

Post by Kimberly » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:13 am

Pwolf wrote:Really want to see what one. Been on a movie watching hiatus since I saw Les Mis'.
The last movie I saw in theatres was The Amazing Spider-Man... :uhoh: Last one on DVD was The Possession, which sucked D:
ImageImage

Chez
Not Mexican
Org Profile

Post by Chez » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:10 pm

XXMMEENNNN COOMMICCSSS
Image I stream and stuff o.o

Return to “General Discussion”