Requests

This forum is for the general discussion of Anime Music Videos.

Requests

Postby Warr3h » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:05 am

Hello, I am going to make a new AMV but for that I need to know what people actually want. Therefor I will open up requests for songs used in my new AMV. The one I like, I'll use. Preferably I want the song to be something in the electronica genre, but indie rock goes well too.
Warr3h

Re: Requests

Postby ngsilver » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:47 am

Why not just make what you want? What does it matter what 'the people' want? Already you have a preference in audio you've supplied, why not grab a song that really catches your own fancy and go from there? No need to wait on what 'the people' have to say.
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ngsilver
The Hookah Guy

Postby Warr3h » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:09 am

Because I am out of music... simple. Besides that I want something that catches the attention to a wider public so my AMVs get known. Ive made three AMVs so far, 2 half finished, and they seem a bit too "special" to grab the attention from most people out there.
Warr3h

Postby pacotacoshell » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:27 am

I would love to see this song get edited to. A source idea I had with this was Summer Wars, but I forgot how many action scenes there are in that movie so it might not work out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQxDd93HRKI#t=25s
pacotacoshell

Postby seasons » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:43 am

Warr3h wrote:Ive made three AMVs so far

Why not upload them to the Org? What made them "special"?

You're probably better off choosing your own music. You've got to use a song that YOU like, otherwise your video is probably going to suck and you won't have any fun making it.
seasons

Postby Warr3h » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:59 am

seasons wrote:
Warr3h wrote:Ive made three AMVs so far

Why not upload them to the Org? What made them "special"?

You're probably better off choosing your own music. You've got to use a song that YOU like, otherwise your video is probably going to suck and you won't have any fun making it.

You could try watching my first one eg. and youll know what I mean by special.

And hey hey, of course Ill only choose a song that I like. Otherwise Im just gonna suffer while making the AMV, and so will my AMV.
Warr3h

Postby seasons » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:02 pm

Warr3h wrote:You could try watching my first one eg. and youll know what I mean by special.

Where is it?
seasons

Postby Warr3h » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:15 pm

Warr3h

Postby Castor Troy » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:28 pm

Your efforts are doomed from the start if you're asking what people want in an amv.

Give them what YOU want.
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E

Postby Rider4Z » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:37 pm

Castor Troy wrote:Your efforts are doomed from the start if you're asking what people want in an amv.

Give them what YOU want.

^this.

i've been making amvs for almost 10 years and i've learned you can never predict what the audience will like. vids i thought were slam dunks ended up flops, and vice versa. regardless, i love all of my amvs, no matter how imperfect or unloved they are :amv:
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Anime Conji AMV Contest Coordinator
Anime Vegas AMV Contest Co-coordinator
Rider4Z
Pirate King

Postby Warr3h » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:56 am

Castor Troy wrote:Your efforts are doomed from the start if you're asking what people want in an amv.

Give them what YOU want.

Might be true. But I still want more music in my library so I can use a song that is fresh to my ears.
Warr3h

Postby JaddziaDax » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:37 pm

There's nothing wrong with taking requests, but you definitely gotta make them your own.

Several of my videos are requests from my friends and family O.o
JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!

Postby Radical_Yue » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:12 am

Warr3h wrote:

Give them what YOU want.

Might be true. But I still want more music in my library so I can use a song that is fresh to my ears.

Wait, so are you looking to make videos so you can get popular? Or are you just looking for new music?

Because those are two totally separate things.
Radical_Yue
stuck in a room with a moose

Postby Warr3h » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:17 pm

Both tbh, but you cant become popular if you aim at becoming popular from the start.

I shoulda been more clear, but what I meant was that I want new music that would fit to some kind of artsy AMV. I dont pick songs randomly, I dont stick with songs that my ears are not content with because that would make it impossible for me to work as I get no inspiration neither motivation.
Warr3h

Postby Radical_Yue » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:20 pm

Warr3h wrote:Both tbh, but you cant become popular if you aim at becoming popular from the start.

I shoulda been more clear, but what I meant was that I want new music that would fit to some kind of artsy AMV. I dont pick songs randomly, I dont stick with songs that my ears are not content with because that would make it impossible for me to work as I get no inspiration neither motivation.

Sounds like AMV Suggestions would be the best place to ask about this kind of thing. viewforum.php?f=4

It's easier to suggest music if you've got a general concept or source in mind that you can describe to people.
Radical_Yue
stuck in a room with a moose

Next

Return to General AMV