The Vent Thread

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Re: The Vent Thread

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:42 pm

Radical_Yue wrote:
BasharOfTheAges wrote: Actual back pain, or does it feel more internal? Like in your kidneys or something? I only ask because those were my first symptoms of what I had.
To be honest, I'm terrible at describing pain but I suppose it could have been internal-ish. It wasn't like a normal soreness... I don't think it was kidneys since it spread up my back.

It went away for a bit earlier today around 11am or so but came back after I ate lunch. I've taken more tylenol due to the back pain (now it's in my upper/middle back) and I've started to get dizzy with slightly blurred vision.

I don't plan on going to the doctor so hopefully this will go away soon. Until then I'm going to try and take it easy.
It seems to be progressing quite a bit... I hope so too, for your sake.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

8bit_samurai
Hmm...
Org Profile

Post by 8bit_samurai » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:05 pm

So everytime I reboot my laptop, Asus live update wants to update the BIOS. But everytime I tell it to update it it just downloads it and won't install it. So I download it manually and looked up how to install it and do so accordingly, but now my laptop won't boot up. I called up where I bought it (best buy), and they said I could mail it in so they can look into it which I don't mind doing, but that'll have to wait til Monday if I can scrap up enough money to send it out. Otherwise its gonna have to wait til Wednesday when I know I'll have enough. Worst comes to worst, I'll have to get a new laptop which won't be til next month at the least.

/edit: looking further into it, it appears I have bricked my laptop; however, people have brought their laptop in to get the BIOS chip replaced and it seemed to have fix the problem. I just gotta call the place I'm sending my laptop to on Monday to see if they would be able to do that.
Last edited by 8bit_samurai on Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Under Construction

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:52 pm

My job is bullshit. A full array of workers for one day should total fourteen people. Today, we had four. The day before that, five. And so on and so on - for months, now. I have forty hours this week, despite being part-time*, and they're being careful not to do it multiple weeks in a row so that I can't cause a fuss about it. And the scheduling, my fucking god the scheduling... on the newest schedule, I work 6:30-11PM closing one night, and then have to open the joint at 7 AM the next day. Not to mention I'll be doing both of those alone, as opposed to having two or three people to help, like I'm fucking supposed to have. Is a paycheck really worth this?

*someone's going to mention, "Well, at least you're getting hours," so I'll get this rant out of the way. I figure that the benefit of having a part-time job is free time to pursue my own interests. The benefit of working full-time is having company benefits. Therefore, working full-time hours, getting no benefits, and sacrificing my free time is a complete load of shit.

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:53 am

You wouldn't think that the sorest part of my body after bowling would be my thigh, but there it is. When I bowl, I bowl hard.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:50 am

It's time for me to go to bed, I totally read that differently O.o

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:21 am

JaddziaDax wrote:It's time for me to go to bed, I totally read that differently O.o
...ladies. ;)
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:57 am

Stress over stupid shit I have no control over. Some times things don't work out the way you expect or want them to. All you can do is move on through it and hope for the best for all that are involved. Maybe in the future things will turn around and something will change. Right now, I can't deal with this shit so I wont. Here's to tomorrow and hopefully getting enough sleep for work in the morning...

Centurione
Org Profile

Post by Centurione » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:27 am

Yue, you'd better go to see the doctor if the pain doesn't stop, seriously. Hope it will get ok soon, though, and that it's nothing serious.
Spoiler :
I need hugs. It sound hilarious but I seriously have a NEED of hugs. Or just anything. I mean, I might not seem to be like this online but in reality I always do my best to be cheerful, to keep smiling and just to bring happiness or laugh or just be something positive. I hate people around me being down, I hate seeing anyone cry or sad and it always makes me feel somehow responsible. That's why I try my hardest to ALWAYS smile and laugh etc. There really is one person... or maybe 2 that I really know I can turn to when I'm down though I still don't want to bother them cause I know how it feels when someone next to you is sad and I don't want them to feel this way because of me. Honestly, even if I say what's wrong to someone in the internet, which is WAY easier, it's never enough. And I think I know what brings me kinda down lately. It's not the fact that I'm in love and blarghblargh, it's not the fact that I actually have some school/family/health problems but a lack of touch. Seriously, it might sound kinda weird but I need a touch. I dunno why but I've never hugged friends to say 'hi' if I see them everyday, I've never just held hands for no reason, I've never kissed anyone on the cheek just to greet and I don't know why. Maybe that comes from my house when no one ever says 'I love you', no one ever hugs or anything. And it makes me feel so lonely. I've also never said 'I love you' to anyone with a real meaning of it. Just never. I just wanna have someone that will give me a warm hug from time to time, who will just pat my head occasionally, who will just play with fingers or just... anything.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:40 am

Awww, hang in there Centurione. So many feels right there. Especially that last part ;__;
It sucks how many really really good people that I know, even on here, are almost pathologically lonely :(
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

lloyd9988
Org Profile

Post by lloyd9988 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:55 am

Centurione wrote:Yue, you'd better go to see the doctor if the pain doesn't stop, seriously. Hope it will get ok soon, though, and that it's nothing serious.
Spoiler :
I need hugs. It sound hilarious but I seriously have a NEED of hugs. Or just anything. I mean, I might not seem to be like this online but in reality I always do my best to be cheerful, to keep smiling and just to bring happiness or laugh or just be something positive. I hate people around me being down, I hate seeing anyone cry or sad and it always makes me feel somehow responsible. That's why I try my hardest to ALWAYS smile and laugh etc. There really is one person... or maybe 2 that I really know I can turn to when I'm down though I still don't want to bother them cause I know how it feels when someone next to you is sad and I don't want them to feel this way because of me. Honestly, even if I say what's wrong to someone in the internet, which is WAY easier, it's never enough. And I think I know what brings me kinda down lately. It's not the fact that I'm in love and blarghblargh, it's not the fact that I actually have some school/family/health problems but a lack of touch. Seriously, it might sound kinda weird but I need a touch. I dunno why but I've never hugged friends to say 'hi' if I see them everyday, I've never just held hands for no reason, I've never kissed anyone on the cheek just to greet and I don't know why. Maybe that comes from my house when no one ever says 'I love you', no one ever hugs or anything. And it makes me feel so lonely. I've also never said 'I love you' to anyone with a real meaning of it. Just never. I just wanna have someone that will give me a warm hug from time to time, who will just pat my head occasionally, who will just play with fingers or just... anything.
._.
Spoiler :

I can't give a real hug... but I can try my best right now... ._.

Return to “General Discussion”