Mastamind - Eyes [Akross Con 2012]

This forum is to announce newly created/released anime music videos.
Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • All announced videos must have a corresponding entry in the AnimeMusicVideos.org database.
  • You may only make one new thread per week. If you have multiple videos to announce, either wait a week or add them to the same post.
Users that do not follow these rules may have their threads locked or removed without notice. It is recommended that all users read the sticky topics in this forum before posting.

Mastamind - Eyes [Akross Con 2012]

Postby Mastamind » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:11 pm

Woah, it's been a while. Hi.

I might perhaps maybe upload a "making of" if anyone wants it.
Mastamind

Re: Mastamind - Eyes [Akross Con 2012]

Postby TritioAFB » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:17 pm

Era bueno verte regresar no?

From the Bakemono videos, this one was really interesting. Personally I couldn't imagine this anime edited like this, and even though is not my cup of tea, it still makes me feel to watch it again. Good job there :bear:
Making AMVs by day, Going to Gym by Night
TritioAFB
Ambassador of the AMVWorld

Postby Emong » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:17 pm

Awww yeah, it's on the org!

This one was a sleeper for me. The first time I saw it, and was distracted by other stuff anyhow, it seemed so average but for some reason it stayed at the back of my mind and I had to return to it. Your editing is very subtle: the sync hits just on the required beats and the effects aren't very flashy either. But I swear the atmosphere, the feel it has, is so unique that I haven't seen any other amv quite like it. It's somehow quirky, sweet, abstract and romantic all at the same time. One of my favorites from Akross this year :up:
Image Image
Emong
A Damaged Lemon

Postby Mastamind » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:13 am

TritioAFB wrote:Era bueno verte regresar no?

No habia abandonado los AMVs, pero it's definitely nice to be back here for awhile |:>

Emong wrote:Awww yeah, it's on the org!

This one was a sleeper for me. The first time I saw it, and was distracted by other stuff anyhow, it seemed so average but for some reason it stayed at the back of my mind and I had to return to it. Your editing is very subtle: the sync hits just on the required beats and the effects aren't very flashy either. But I swear the atmosphere, the feel it has, is so unique that I haven't seen any other amv quite like it. It's somehow quirky, sweet, abstract and romantic all at the same time. One of my favorites from Akross this year :up:

Haha, I feel I did my job well then: quirky, sweet, abstract, and romantic were exactly what I wanted to show. I also wanted to keep the editing style at least apparently simple, so that's where being subtle instead of flashy was necessary. Glad you enjoyed it :dino:

Thank you for your comments!
Mastamind

Postby Chained(E)Studio » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:03 pm

Love the poster *o*
This was really nicely done, its too bad it premiered so late.
Would have loved to post it in VCAs (will have to remember for next year ^-^)
Chained(E)Studio

Postby AimoAio » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:34 pm

Emong wrote:Your editing is very subtle: the sync hits just on the required beats and the effects aren't very flashy either. But I swear the atmosphere, the feel it has, is so unique that I haven't seen any other amv quite like it. It's somehow quirky, sweet, abstract and romantic all at the same time. One of my favorites from Akross this year :up:

x2. I don't quite know how to describe it either but it has that particular touch that makes it special. It just doesn't feel like your ordinary Bakemono videos. I also loved the way you handled the little motions in the anime itself, it makes the flow really nice which in turn makes the video stand out on it's own without too much camera movement. Your text work also looked great and blends incredibly well with the source, especially since the anime uses a lot of text itself and trying to incorporate your own content into that can be tricky. I really enjoyed it, good stuff! :up:
AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy

Return to AMV Announcements