The Happy Thread

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Chiiisus
Org Profile

Re: The Happy Thread

Post by Chiiisus » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:55 am

SNOWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!

We never got any snow last year. Well, it snowed but it didn't land. :(

It hasn't stopped snowing since this morning. SO HAPPPPPPY. It hasn't actually felt cold here at all so it's nice to be in the minus area for a change. Lately it hasn't been lower than 5ºC which is about 41 ºF I think, which isn't really cold to me.
I love cold weather and snow. Everything is so white, and nice. It even makes London look nice, since usually it's all dark and miserable!

SO HAPPY. :ying:

The little things in life make me happy.
Rawr desu <3

qyll
Org Profile

Post by qyll » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:58 pm

YEESSS!!! Accepted to UMinn for epidemiology!!
zzz

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:00 pm

ngsilver wrote:So I just had a meeting with my boss and I've been offered one of 2 positions as a Microsoft Engineer, which position depends on which team would be in the end wanting/getting me.

While I'm not really keen on doing MS work, I do know my shit for the most part as far as it comes to working with MS products, a lot more then I did when I was offered the Hyperion position a month ago.

I decided to go with it. While again it's not the network team, which I've been wanting to move to, I also don't have my CCNA yet and they really want that. I can still work on getting my CCNA over the next few months, as I have been planning on, even while doing the work of an MS engineer, and I can switch teams when I'm ready.

Either way, with this news and work sending me to Vegas for 2 weeks to work on our new datacenter, I'm pretty happy. :beer: :pizza:
Update. Unlike the last offer I had and accepted, and the last 3 times I was told I would be transitioning to an engineer, this time it's actually happening. I have a hard date for my transition to our Enterprise Delivery team (basically like a smaller company within our company that handles a smaller set of customers who just happen to be our largest clients) as a Microsoft Engineer. I'm transitioning on Feb 1st and my transition period ends 2 weeks later and from that point on I'm full time as an Engineer and no longer have to deal with helpdesk work! woohoo!

Sadly, this new position also means that I will no longer be going to Vegas as I'll be filling in for my new partner while she's on Vacation during that time.

Now I just need to finish negotiations about pay and start the process of acquiring proper elevated credentials and my desk, phone, and company laptop. This is exciting times and I'm finally in a position that coincides more closely with my skills and experience. Oh, and finally being back on a standard weekday work schedule will be nice. I just have 1 more week of 3rd shifts to pass through in my current position and I get to say bye bye to flexible scheduling and hello to naming my own hours |:>
ImageImageImageImage

Mkid
Im on the case
Org Profile

Post by Mkid » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:55 pm

as some of you know If you look at the vent thread, ive been going thru a tough time this week.
But i'm feel better. i'm not back to 100% but i'm almost there. i got over the whole boyfriend broke up with me pretty fast. were still friends so i'm content. its def not the same but whatever i got to move on :up: :mrgreen:

and as of the LGBT group that im president of, i got myself organized enough to help out with peoples problems. plus i got more experiences from these past couple weeks, im probably more useful as a president now. We got a club fair coming up in 2 weeks and starting the 23rd i'm going to be busy with getting table set up. and ways to attract attention to our club to recruit more members. so yay for the road of recovery.

Jadecavy
Org Profile

Post by Jadecavy » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:59 am

ALL THE KELDEOS

$35 card, too bad it's not FA. This one matches the oversized promo though, at least.

post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:46 pm

.. ever go to church, read the tag that they are wearing and Then before
you can even ask them a question, .. thy tell you to "F.O." T_T -- what a country! LOL

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:42 pm

PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYDAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

I went from being the brokest I've even been to getting my best paycheck ever overnight :3
The kind of paycheck that covers my debt for the last 3 months and would even allow me to exist for the next 2-3 no problem. Can't believe it won't be my only paycheck like that this year :O

And now I celebrate by flying out to see my favourite (currently-active) band play live in NYC this weekend \o/
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:31 am

Finally finished all the antibiotics I needed to take this morning. Can't wait to have the dizziness stop.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:18 am

Had our first NDK skype meeting last night (the coordinator likes to get an early start on that kind of stuff). Went over some of the normal stuff and then he said that as long as I'm on board with it, he'll be submitting my name to be a Co-Area Head for AMVs. Currently I'm a Lieutenant and report directly to him but as a Co-Area Head I'd have a bit more power and work with him more than under him. The extra work I'd be given wouldn't actually be that hard plus our room gets comped so that'll make it cheaper on everyone who goes with us. While I'll always prefer being a second in command no matter what it is I'm doing, I'm kind of excited about being given a bit more of a say on how things will be done. I really don't want to take it over entirely but still...um..eh...free room? :P

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:22 am

Radical_Yue wrote:I really don't want to take it over entirely but still...um..eh...free room? :P
At least you have us lackeys to order around.

Return to “General Discussion”