A Magical Girl MEP: Glowing Enchantments (COMPLETED)

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
Zanzaben
Org Profile

Re: A Magical Girl MEP: Glowing Enchantments

Post by Zanzaben » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:07 pm

OK so I watched it and a couple of things.
1) I keep hearing a slight crackle through out the credits audio.
2) I think maybe a more magical picture of Amu for the credits, I feel like one of her character transformations would be better.
3) I am not a huge fan of having the pictures move faster than the text but I am not completely against it.
4) In my track at 1:09 I don't like how her face pans right after the eye transition so I am going to fix that tomorrow.
5) Since this whole project was to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Sailor Moon do we maybe want to use something from the Sailor Moon soundtrack as the ending audio instead?
6) I don't think we need to fade to black for the credits and we could just crossfade into them from the white screen after the "Glowing Enchantments"
Zanz Bonus Points Tally
8bit_samurai: 1, CodeZTM: 1, Eake4: 2, ibabrak: 5, Mirkosp: 4, tipsd9video: 1, uncreative: 1

hamstar138
A Big Ol' Bowl Of Fruit
Org Profile

Post by hamstar138 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:09 am

I have some Sailor Moon transformation music we can use. I can try to crossfade "Glowing Enchantments" with the credits. Since both are build in with fade to black it can be a bit tricky.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Zanzaben
Org Profile

Post by Zanzaben » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:31 pm

Alright my updated track is now in the dropbox.
Zanz Bonus Points Tally
8bit_samurai: 1, CodeZTM: 1, Eake4: 2, ibabrak: 5, Mirkosp: 4, tipsd9video: 1, uncreative: 1

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:50 pm

Once I hear more from other members about the credits, I can change things up a bit, but I'll wait until then to make changes. :)

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:00 pm

Zanzaben wrote: 1) I keep hearing a slight crackle through out the credits audio.
2) I think maybe a more magical picture of Amu for the credits, I feel like one of her character transformations would be better.
3) I am not a huge fan of having the pictures move faster than the text but I am not completely against it.
6) I don't think we need to fade to black for the credits and we could just crossfade into them from the white screen after the "Glowing Enchantments"
This mainly. The crackle is really light, but yeah I can hear it too.

Code, if you're using After Effects, you can just pig-whip the picture layers to the layer where the text is moving so you don't need to keyframe them all individually. If it's premiere then uhh...I don't know. XD But yeah, taking out that black fade at the start of the credits so Hamstar can crossfade the white from the end of my track to the credits will look nicer. And also the credits should fade out to white so it's more brighter? You should maybe also add "Thanks for watching" so it'll move up onto the screen until it stops in the middle which should fit nicely with the fade out so it doesn't look so empty.

As for the text, you should probably make the MEP name (Glowing Enchantments) and the editor names use the pink shadow from before, just to give it a bit of difference so it stands out.

moezy-chan
Org Profile

Post by moezy-chan » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:22 am

AimoAio wrote:But yeah, taking out that black fade at the start of the credits so Hamstar can crossfade the white from the end of my track to the credits will look nicer. And also the credits should fade out to white so it's more brighter? You should maybe also add "Thanks for watching" so it'll move up onto the screen until it stops in the middle which should fit nicely with the fade out so it doesn't look so empty.
Pretty much this and I also agree on using a Sailor Moon song. It'd be appropriate considering we're doing this in honor of Sailor Moon.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

A Magical Girl MEP: Glowing Enchantments

Post by CodeZTM » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:49 pm

I shall make alterations this weekend.

hamstar138
A Big Ol' Bowl Of Fruit
Org Profile

Post by hamstar138 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:29 am

Hey Kaze you mentioned you wanted to change something in your video. Have you changed it yet or started it?

Also I'll change the music and the transition the next two days so then we can check it once again and then finally upload this baby.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Kazemon15
Org Profile

Post by Kazemon15 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:10 pm

Sorry, I haven't had the time. <<

Actually, I think it's fine. Maybe it's just be being nitpicky. Been busy with school starting and stuff....

hamstar138
A Big Ol' Bowl Of Fruit
Org Profile

Post by hamstar138 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:00 pm

Hey everyone sorry this is super duper late. But I finally fixed as much as I could that you guys asked me to. So the new beta is inside the dropbox under Glowing Enchantments Beta 5 (with credits). Tell me your feedback please I'd like to hear from you all soon.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”