The Vent Thread

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Emong
A Damaged Lemon
Org Profile

Re: The Vent Thread

Post by Emong » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:32 pm

@Aimo,

Grades don't necessarily reflect your skills or your hard work! There's also the issue of personal motivation. From what I've heard from you, you've been feeling like computer science isn't your thing afterall, right? It's only natural that if you need force yourself to study every time your grades will drop. Maybe you can turn this around and take it as a sign that this field doesn't really suit you nor does it really bring forth your potential?

And it's totally OK to let yourself break down and cry. It's also OK to argue with your family and refuse to feel guilty for putting your own issues in the first priority when you just need that. It's not right for your parents to put your care towards them on a test like that. They should give you some room when you need it.

As for the uncertainty about your future, that one I'm afraid I have nothing to say about. I can merely sympathize since I'm always anxious about my future as well. Perhaps, instead of trying to make concrete plans for the future, you could try to think about the things you already have? Not to remind yourself that you should be grateful for those things (that's a recipe for self-blame) but to provide yourself some sense of comfort? For example you're not going to get kicked out of your home right after you graduate, no? :wink:

I had no idea since you're always so cheerful on skype. I should have asked! Take care <3

McDirty
Org Profile

Post by McDirty » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:02 pm

Code.
Spoiler :
Sounds like exactly what I'm going through right now actually.

Previous job, I adored the people whom I worked with and my boss I considered my mentor and father in-law. I was also wearing many hats and I was doing something that I loved doing, which was directing, writing, producing, post-production, and editing. Basically I was a big fish in a little pond. But unfortunately, the pay was not enough for me to establish my life or career. So I ended up coming down here to California and behold, just like you said, making more money by doing less work. Not only less work, but work that's given to you by others who are uninterested in doing it themselves. Waiting around in your chair for the next person to come over with something they don't want to do for 12-16 hours every day really does eat at your soul and makes you question about your worth and potential. Especially if it's in a company that doesn't promise growth or expansion for your career. I know what you mean when others come to you (i.e. your parents) and tell you "OMG, YOU JUST DON'T KNOW HOW GOOD YOU HAVE IT!!!". Especially when we're living in a bad economic downturn with little jobs to come by. I mean, the job is full-time, the pay is adequate enough to give me rent every month, the benefits are all there, and I have security in my life. But it all comes down to one question. "What do I really want to do?"

Something you should probably consider Code, is to give yourself a time limit. Give your current work close to a year, maybe 7-12 months working there and save up as much money as you can. Save everything. Then, if things haven't improved, perhaps consider looking for something that puts you on a path to what your really want to do. You'll probably have to give up your current work then and work multiple part-time jobs to pay your rent while you pay your dues. Remember, security is great to have in life, but sacrificing your personal happiness for security I say is not a sacrifice worth making.
Cheers Code.
Sincerely,
McD

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:41 pm

:sorcerer:

That's all I gotta say.

meleechampion
Org Profile

Post by meleechampion » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:55 pm

aesling wrote:Holy shit, what!?! :shock:
Yeah I know, there are actually quite a lot of classic movies I haven't seen. Oh.. oh you mean... oh of course, right. :D

Haha no... I'm trying not to get ahead of things and not to worry. The MRIs simply show signs that I have MS. Brain lesions that weren't illuminating on the scans or something like that, it was kinda hard to absorb information over the phone, safe to say I was (am?) a little shocked.

The spinal tap itself doesn't bother me nearly as much as it should, someone shoving a needle between two of my vertebrae to extract fluid from my spine... it's entertaining the possibility I have developed a chronic incurable progressive brain disease at the ripe old age of 25 that is getting to me.

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:27 pm

Otohiko wrote:D:

Shit bubby, let me know when, and i will stream Spinal Tap for everybody.
I hope it's not what they think it is, though!
I'll tap that.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:57 am

Pain. And lots of it, totally out of nowhere.

I felt totally awesome all day yesterday until we were just about to leave the grocery store later that evening. Then sharp pain in my lower back on the left side. Shrugged it off, got home, took some tylenol and made dinner. All the while, the pain hung around while nausea kicked in. Took more tylenol, nothing. Went to bed early in an attempt to sleep it off.

Woke up feeling ok, shortly after my shower the pain comes back. Now the feelings of nausea are like, rolling through me. Feel crappy but ok-ish one moment, want to vomit the next, starts to go away, comes back. As long as I don't move at all in any way, shape, or form, the back pain seems to go away a bit but not by much.

Now to make it through a 10 hour shift and hope this shit goes away on it's own. Leerrrrrroooooooooooooooooyyyyyy....

Fucking annoying as all hell.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:22 am

Radical_Yue wrote:Pain. And lots of it, totally out of nowhere.

I felt totally awesome all day yesterday until we were just about to leave the grocery store later that evening. Then sharp pain in my lower back on the left side. Shrugged it off, got home, took some tylenol and made dinner. All the while, the pain hung around while nausea kicked in. Took more tylenol, nothing. Went to bed early in an attempt to sleep it off.

Woke up feeling ok, shortly after my shower the pain comes back. Now the feelings of nausea are like, rolling through me. Feel crappy but ok-ish one moment, want to vomit the next, starts to go away, comes back. As long as I don't move at all in any way, shape, or form, the back pain seems to go away a bit but not by much.

Now to make it through a 10 hour shift and hope this shit goes away on it's own. Leerrrrrroooooooooooooooooyyyyyy....

Fucking annoying as all hell.
Actual back pain, or does it feel more internal? Like in your kidneys or something? I only ask because those were my first symptoms of what I had.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Animated
Drama Text Cop
Org Profile

Post by Animated » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:01 pm

Radical_Yue wrote:Back pains
Nausea
Wants to vomit
|:> |:> Is it a boy or a girl?? |:> |:>

Back to the thread now. So... grandmother died 4 days ago. :| She was in great pain on her last week so, I'm kinda happy she passed away in the end. Anyway... my mother, who knows that I can edit some sweet videos, promised my grandfather I would make a video with photos of them, memories etc... Yeah, as if it wasn't so hard till now. Thanks, mom.

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:17 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote: Actual back pain, or does it feel more internal? Like in your kidneys or something? I only ask because those were my first symptoms of what I had.
To be honest, I'm terrible at describing pain but I suppose it could have been internal-ish. It wasn't like a normal soreness... I don't think it was kidneys since it spread up my back.

It went away for a bit earlier today around 11am or so but came back after I ate lunch. I've taken more tylenol due to the back pain (now it's in my upper/middle back) and I've started to get dizzy with slightly blurred vision.

I don't plan on going to the doctor so hopefully this will go away soon. Until then I'm going to try and take it easy.

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:22 pm

Had a bad case of heartburn yesterday and it was difficult for me to stay up late and go to bed.. :x
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Return to “General Discussion”