The #AMV Cookbook

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Radical_Yue
Org Profile

The #AMV Cookbook

Post by Radical_Yue » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:47 pm

You boys and girls have proven that you know how to cook and bake some delicious goodies.
Food Thread: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... 1&t=103973

NOW GIVE ME YOUR SECRETS! :Q

Share your recipes pretty please!

aesling
Mad Scientist
Org Profile

Re: The #AMV Cookbook

Post by aesling » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:55 pm

My favorite gyoza recipe: http://steamykitchen.com/5874-gyoza-rec ... lings.html

If you're a complete masochist, instructions on how to make your own wrappers can be found here: http://www.lafujimama.com/2009/08/time- ... ade-gyoza/

However, I recommend just buying wrappers from an Asian market (if you have access to one). Wonton wrappers that you can find at the supermarket work as well, but I would avoid them if you can because I've found they stick to the pan more, and it can make the cooking part more challenging. I also substituted Asian red pepper with Mexican crushed red pepper, and worked out rather well.

I will post more recipes later, because I have to type those up, wheeeeeeee!
:ying:

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:12 pm

Yue's Incredibly Unhealthy Baked Mac N Chicken

To start with, you need about 1lb of boneless chicken breasts. Tenders or thin cut breasts tend to cook the best. I personally season with a bit of paprika, roasted garlic and herb, and a bit of parsley. But that's just how I like it. :P Cook it through in a pan greased with light virgin olive oil.
While the chicken is cooking, grab some shell style pasta, boil it up and strain it.
Once the chicken is almost done, cut it into chunks and toss it back back in the pan while you prepare the cheese mix. You could essentially do this beforehand but I like to do it after since it's easier to pick out the nasty chewy fat parts. :P
For the cheese mix, I use 3 cans of campbell's cheddar cheese soup, about 1 1/2 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese, and about 1 cup of habanero cheese to give it a little kick. First add the campbells with just a liiiitttle bit of milk, enough to make it easy to stir. Then get the sharp cheddar and habanero cheese in there and mix it all up. Follow it up by dumping the chicken chunks in.

Take about 1/2 cup of shredded sharp cheddar and spread it along the bottom of the pan. Slowly dump the shells on top of the cheese spread while mixing in the cheese/chicken soup mix. Fill it up but not enough that it'll easily overflow, leave yourself a little room. Next, another layer mix of cheddar and habanero cheese on top of the mix in the pan, enough to cover it up. Top it off with some buttery bread crumbs (just melted butter mixed with bread crumbs on top) and stick that sucker in the oven at 350 for about 20 minutes.

And that's it! (Or at least how I do it) If you want to be even more unhealthy, throw some bacon bits in there when you add the chicken to the cheese soup :Q Just make sure not to make them too crunchy!

Moonlight Soldier
girl with bells
Org Profile

Post by Moonlight Soldier » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:32 pm

I LOOOOOVE pumpkin and decided to try making it into a loaf, pumpkin bread :Q

Here's what I came up with ... (either makes 2 loaves in a standard bread pan, or about 24 muffins)

Dry ingredients
4 cups flour
1 1/2 cups of sugar (I don't like a lot of sweet ... esp. since I added chocolate chips)
2 tsps baking powder
1 tablespoon of cinnamon (I love cinnamon, so you could cut back here ...)
2 tsps of ground nutmeg
1 tsp of ground cloves

Wet ingredients
3 eggs
1 750ml can of pumpkin :Q
1 stick of unsalted butter (soft or melted depending on how strong you are. ... I mix everything by hand, so I melt the butter.)
1 cup of low fat vanilla yogurt

Toppers
chocolate chips and chopped walnuts

Directions:
Preheat your oven to 350F
Sift together your dry ingredients in a bowl
In a separate bowl mix all your wet ingredients together
Start adding your dry ingredients bit by bit, or toss it all in if you want to wow someone with mixing prowess....
Pour into your desired pans*.
Top with yummy things like chocolate chips and walnuts **
Bake for about 50-60 minutes.

*Personally I use muffin/cupcake cups so I never grease my muffin pans, but I do grease my bread pans.
**unlike every other loaf I've ever made, the toppings I used actually stayed on the top ... when I make this again I'm going to layer the chocolate chips/nuts inside

MystykAMV
Org Profile

Post by MystykAMV » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:10 pm

holy sh*t Yue....I wish that recipe was in hungarian xDDDD

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:05 pm

Nate's Meat Filled,
Heart Attack Causing,
Artery Clogging,
Totally Not Good For You And Probably Will Help Kill You Before You Turn 30,
MAN FOOD!

Today's Recipe: Pepperoni Pasta

Ingredients:
3oz Pepperoni (I use Meijer Brand cuz' it's cheap, and 1 package per meal)
1~2 Hand-fulls Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1~2oz Aprox. Grated Parmesan Cheese
8oz of Riggatoni Pasta (1/2 standard 16oz box)
8oz of Pasta Sauce (I use Prego Traditional, but choose the sauce you prefer)
Granulated Garlic
Garlic Festival Garli Ghetti (This stuff is great with pasta/pizza, check it out at garlicfestival.com)
Garlic Mist (you can find this at GFS with the butter sprays)
Kosher Salt

Makes:
2 normal sized portions
or
1 large Man sized portion
or
1 hungry portion and 1 snack

Steps:
Bring 16 oz of water to boil in a suitable pot
Season water to taste with Kosher Salt (table salt will do but Kosher salt will dissolve better)
While water is coming to a boil take a 2nd sauce pot, aprox the same size as the one you use for the water, put all Pasta sauce in this pot. Do not turn the burner on yet.
Put seasonings in the sauce, use as much garlic as you prefer, I prefer a lot so I use a lot. This is the Granulated Garlic and the Garli Ghetti.
Put the Parmesan cheese in the sauce, the more you use the thicker the sauce will be in the end.
Put the Mozzarella in the sauce, place more in the pot depending on how cheesy you prefer the sauce.
Stir the garlic and cheese into the sauce until well blended together.
Spray some Garlic Mist onto the top of the sauce (this adds a bit of extra garlic aroma that I prefer, and well, I love garlic)
Set the burner for the sauce pot to Med heat to begin heating it up.
Now begin putting the meat, pepperoni, into the sauce pot with the sauce. Separate the pepperoni from each other and place them individually into the pot, this will help allow all the pepperoni to integrate more evenly with the sauce.
Once all the pepperoni is in the pot, begin stirring and mixing the sauce until all the pepperoni is incorporated in with the sauce.
While you are putting the pepperoni in the sauce the water may begin to boil. Once the water begins to boil pour the Pasta into the water, stir the pasta around to make sure nothing is sticking to the bottom or sides of the pot.
Once the pasta is in the pot set the kitchen timer for 12 mins and cook the pasta for that long, stirring occasionally to keep the noodles from sticking together and to the pot.
While the pasta is cooking, keep the heat on the sauce until it begins to bubble. Once this is achieved, lower the heat slightly and stir the sauce in order to further mix the pepperoni into it. As the pepperoni warms up it will become easier to stir and incorporate into the sauce. Be careful with the heat on the pot as we do not want it to boil, but simply simmer. Boiling the sauce is messy ^^()
Once 12 mins is up take the pasta off the burner and strain the water from the pot. Place pasta in serving dish large enough for it, I usually prefer to use a metal mixing bowl myself.
Take the sauce off of the burner and pour it over the pasta. Once all the sauce is out (you will probably have to dig some pepperoni off the sides of the pot) mix up the noodles and the sauce together until well covered.
At this point, feel free to portion out the pasta as you see fit. Me, I eat it right out of the bowl and often times it makes 1 whole meal for me.

That's it. I developed this based off of a Lasagna Roll recipe one of my uncles taught me. I turned it into a real lasagna using pepperoni as the meat and then decided to make it into a pasta recipe. You can add or subtract items from the list as you prefer. I will double the ingredients when I want to make enough for left overs for lunch at work the next day. It goes really well with Dr. Pepper.

ImageImageImageImage

meleechampion
Org Profile

Post by meleechampion » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:16 pm

ya'll motherfuckers need paleo

hold up. Here's my go to.

1) buy a steak, whatever's on sale, ny strip sirloin ribeye whatever *ribeye steak is best steak, fat doesn't make you fat
2) spray some pam or something on your skillet, start heating it up, medium heat. *no cooking spray? melt some butter instead
3) put some salt and pepper on the steak, rub that shit in, both sides. *sea salt? fresh ground peppercorns? even better.
4) cut about a tbsp of butter off
5) slap the steak on your preheated skillet, make sure it slaps
6) cut about a tenth that tbsp of butter, gently lay it on top of the steak
7) wait about five minutes
8) flip
**THIS NEXT STEP IS THE KEY**
9) immediately place the remaining 9/10 tbsp of butter on top of your steak
10) kinda eyeball the butter for a sec as it begins to melt, make sure it ain't gonna slide off, maybe spread it a little
11) wait another 5 minutes
12) plate that beast, don't cut into it yet! baby's still cooking
13) murmur obscenity as you forgot the vegetable
14) pop a bag of broccoli in the microwave
15) try to wait for the broccoli
16) ponder just eating the steak
17) decide to wait anyway because you want a good picture
18) finally done! shove some broc on to your plate

VIOLA! (almost) perfect.

Kimberly
Org Profile

Post by Kimberly » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:27 pm

Put cheese on pork chops. Yep.

fatlife
ImageImage

catgod
cat stalker
Org Profile

Post by catgod » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:57 pm

Holy cheese!
again Yue... you work fast :P
just a couple hours ago I asked "do we have an #AMV cookbook?"
and now this post is filling up haha I love it! NO. I LOVE YOU!
do you even kininarimasu!?
http://shitstirspearesays.tumblr.com/

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:19 pm

RAINBOW CUPCAKES!

This is actually super easy and turns out looking like you put in a lot more effort than you actually did.

First thing's first, prepare white cake batter. You can use your own recipe or one from a box, it's entirely up to you. Why does it need to be white cake? Because you're going to color it and it looks better without the yellow tinge, that's why. If you're not sure if the recipe you have is for white cake or yellow, just leave out the egg yolks and only use the whites.

Once the batter is done, spoon it into however many colors you want to use. I did six; red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple. Add food coloring to each bowl. Back when I did this, I used liquid drops. They're not great, you have to use a ton to get a decent color. Now I use gel, which is more potent so it requires less and is more vibrant.

Stir them up really well....perhaps take a pic of them lined up all pretty-like. >_>

Here's the trickiest part, layering them. I have "giant" cupcake pans, so I have more room for error, but with the little ones you have to be careful about portioning properly. Basically, you pour a little bit of one color, then spread it out flat, then the next color, then spread that one flat, and so on. You want to aim for the same amount of each color, so 1/6th or 1/5th or however many colors you want. (Most recipes will direct you to fill the muffin cups about 2/3 of the way, but I always overfill mine on purpose because I think the shape makes frosting more impressive and you don't have to use as much).

Bake as directed in the recipe you're using. They're gonna look kinda weird but that's normal. I did a reverse one at the corner to see if I liked it better that way haha.

Take them out, let them cool for a bit, and frost them however you'd like! Because of the way they bake, the colors will almost always curve. But so do rainbows, so it works out fine! The one above used liquid food coloring drops, but for reference, if you want to go with gel instead, they'll look more like the one below. That one also illustrates what happens if you don't mix the colors thoroughly, though, you'll end up with little spots of white. Don't judge me, I was in a hurry. >_>

Now you're ready for a cupcake party! |:>

I will caution you, however, to be on the lookout for the "Kitsuner". He's been known to skulk around and attack unsuspecting cupcakes.

:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

Return to “General Discussion”