[Akross Con 2012] [MEP] - Our Particular World

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
[madaraxD]
L1king Lolis
Org Profile

Re: [Akross Con 2012] [MEP] - Our Particular World

Post by [madaraxD] » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:01 am

Emong wrote:I have to admit that even though I participated in Akross this is the first time that I watched this video from the beginning to the end with full attention.

This is a really cool MEP idea but unfortunately the format did also bring some problems with it as was already noted above. I also liked the purple/neon light effect and the way that everyone used the same effect in their own ways. It really combined the various clips together. However, there's the problem of coherency that comes with MEPs. There are not only very visible differences in styles technically but I also couldn't really connect anything with the idea behind the amv (of everyone living in their own particular worlds). Just masking characters out and turning their backgrounds into purple doesn't quite do the trick. As cool as this video is I think it nonetheless would have benefited from having only one editor or perhaps a different kind of a concept? Maybe all the editors could have approached the same anime/character/story from different perspectives? Dunno.

Nonetheless, this is a really neat video with very imaginative visuals and mostly nice sync (in spite of such a slow song!). Nice job everyone! 4/5 :up:
Woot! thanks for the critict, i agree with you on the concept, deadline killed us (we start our tracks in august/september) so was a little rushed <_<, but anyway glad you like it! :D
Koneko wrote:very cute video, I liked it
Gracias! :3
SeNniN wrote:one of my fav's this year from akross. I really like the concept, and how you guys added the effects that focus on each character that, even though, your surrounded by others your alone in the end. I don't think there was a huge gap between each parts in editing. I think all the editors did a awesome job, and they should be proud. I'm not going to nitpick on small things, but overall, this is really well done. It deserves a higher ranking for sure, and personally I would rank it far higher, but what can I say.. that's just how it is every year. Good job, guys. :up:
haha well i'm really glad you like it |:> , i do not go to lie..we expect finish a little higher but we are happy anyway, was a good experience for our first MEP.

kuruta
Org Profile

Post by kuruta » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:43 pm

really thank you all for commenting on our MEP, promise to do a better job next time and keep trying, it was a great joy to get much this year and see how many people enjoy this work.

On the concept, we knew it was something abstract from the beginning and that many others would understand and Other people feel lost before it.

Diegao
Enjoy the music
Org Profile

Post by Diegao » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:04 pm

You already know my opinion. Good job guys :)
Rising Production: Site - Forum - Facebook - Twitter

[madaraxD]
L1king Lolis
Org Profile

Post by [madaraxD] » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:29 am

kuruta wrote:really thank you all for commenting on our MEP, promise to do a better job next time and keep trying, it was a great joy to get much this year and see how many people enjoy this work.

On the concept, we knew it was something abstract from the beginning and that many others would understand and Other people feel lost before it.
|:> |:> Cada año va a ser mejor que el otro :beer:
diegao94 wrote:You already know my opinion. Good job guys :)
Thank you bro! :awesome:

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”