Re: The Vent Thread

Post by Castor Troy » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:13 pm

Typical conversation with my sister:

Me: "Where'd you go last night?"
Sister: "I don't know"
Me: "How would you not know if you went somewhere?!"
Sister: "Get off my case!"

wtf? seriously? :roll:

I don't really care where my sister goes at night and I just asked out of curiousity. I'm not our dad who's going to judge where she goes.

But if she's going to be all defensive and mysterious, then I know she definitely went somewhere bad.

I don't want her eventually bringing home deadbeats into *my* house, so maybe I should start giving a crap.
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Taite
Org Profile

Post by Taite » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:49 am

There's this one person who goes allll around the org and posts comments/journal entries directed at me. I don't know if they think I don't know they're talking about me or I'm just dumb. But either way, considering all of their recent posts are directed at me, I should be quite flattered, except for the fact that it's the fucking org. Didn't notice their pathetic attempt at getting my attention until much later since I'm not on the org often, but it's pretty funny nonetheless. I await your next comment, or you could just message me like an adult. Don't expect one from me; I'm just gunna play your game.
Image Image

MystykAMV
Org Profile

Post by MystykAMV » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:08 am

why do people have to argue???? and why can't people appreciate others work? ;_; this has been a problem on a forum (where I'm a moderator) and both of the admins left me, basically because people were arguing with them and because people are impatient and even after the problem was made public (and they can't do anything about the problem probably), they still continued to argue "you could have done it like this"....etc....the admin already gave a reason why she didn't do it that way, and they still continued as if he would have done it better.....I don't even know if they realize that she is trying hard for the forum and that they hurt her a lot, and when I mentioned they should apologize to her NO ONE REPLIED.....what kind of community is this?? are they that big egoists??? and now I don't know what to do <<

other than that above ^ I could hardly get any sleep.....even though I went to bed at around midnight and even felt sleepy, I couldn't fall asleep until about 2 am, and I don't remember exactly when I managed to get sleep, or if I woke up more but this sucks :/

and I'm nervous about the exams......:')

sorry if I wasn't clear, you guys probably don't understand what's happening (from what I have written down) but it's complicated

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:15 am

Well, I thought I was getting better and could go into work today... No such luck. Almost fell from dizziness taking a shower, and drinking the water I need to take my pills makes me feel sick to my stomach.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

irriadin
BUBBLES!
Org Profile

Post by irriadin » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:56 am

I got three hours of sleep last night for various reasons... upset stomach (I can't handle spicy food anymore, apparently... w/e), but mostly a far worse feeling regarding a conversation I had before I went to sleep.

I feel better about it now, but yea, last night was awful ><

edit: forgot to mention that my brother also hit my car yesterday and damaged the front bumper. I don't blame him for it, but it did happen :/

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:23 am

I am NOT looking forward to waking up at 5:30 every morning.

Kimberly
Org Profile

Post by Kimberly » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:03 am

@Taite
Curious to know who you're talking about, but I won't ask v.v How do you see their recent posts if you're not on the org that often though? Wouldn't you have to go through their prof? xD Lol but how sad :|

@Mystyk
LOL Heni, stop thinking about me and get some rest :nose:

@Bashar, irriadin
Feel better ):
ImageImage

Mkid
Im on the case
Org Profile

Post by Mkid » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:28 am

Taite wrote:Something
Kimberly wrote: how sad :|

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:43 am

Mkid wrote:
Taite wrote:Something
Kimberly wrote: how sad :|
Quoted Image converted to link:
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s293 ... 41394n.jpg
Hey, Self-Photos go in a different thread! :nono:
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:50 am

I'm just going to rant a bit here, because I tried explaining this to my mother and she just scoffed at me. My sister is also too young to appreciate it, as she curses her inability to perform long division. Spoiler because I'm whining about first world problems, and I hate myself for it. >_>
Spoiler :
I keep going in and out of a rut in my life. There are days when I wake up and love my new job and love the lack of stress involved in my previous position and I just love life in general. Then there are days I wake up and feel absolutely abyssal about my life and want to kill myself for taking this job. Today is one of those bad days.

The differences here and where I used to work are pretty big.

I don't really like my coworkers as much. They're all just so cold and uninterested in making any sort of social talk. Any small talk is as welcomed as the freaking flu. So I feel pretty much alone for 9-10 hours a day, and any interactions with them are cringeful to say the least. This is especially painful, because my coworker at my last job was basically like a second mother to me, and I felt really close to her, enough to the point where I shared basically anything with her, and she could share anything with me. I also get dirty looks when I leave work before them. I put in just as many hours as they do (I skip my lunch or take less than 5 minutes to do it), and yet they're surprised when I can leave at 5-6 at night, and they leave at 7 because they took an hour and a half for a lunch break.

Yet, I don't have the same level of moral stress at where I used to work. Not like we were unethical or anything, but one of the partners was so slow in getting stuff finished that people would call EVERY DAY, and I hated geting "criers" or "ragers" on the phone. :(

On the other hand, my job duties were more well defined where I used to work. I wore a lot of hats, but I knew what I was doing everyday, and felt confident in my abilities to handle everything. Here, I'm just begging for work to be handed to me. I don't have any permanent clients yet, and they just seem to be giving me busy work that they're too uninterested in doing. I miss being the head of my area. :(

But my god, the salary pay here is nearly double what I was making before, and I'm doing less work! D:

To counter that, however, I'm spending a fortune in gas traveling and don't have the financial stability to afford an apartment yet. I'm close, but it will be a few more months. Not even going to move until my probation period is over though.

I'm also not confident in my job security anymore. Without going into too much detail, I feel like it's more than just a coincidence that my probation period ends right around the end of tax season, and I'm the third person to fill this seat in 3 years. I also don't know if they really like me or not (see above about coworkers), so I may not have a job come the end of the season. They all get a vote on whether to keep me or not, and I'm not sure about how it will fall. :(

I LOVE my boss though. He's a really nice guy with a good sense of humor and is just really nice to me. He also gets work done FAST and actually returns his messages/calls. Unlike my previous boss, who I wanted to slap several times a day.

The technology here is running Windows XP. I have a monitor the size of my head, and they use software that is no longer being supported by companies anymore (or even are in business anymore).

Their filing system is god-teir though. I know where EVERYTHING is. :D

Working Saturdays through tax season sucks. :(

I want to complain about all of this to my family and hopefully get them to understand why I may only work here for a year or less, but when I explained this to my mother, I got a scoff and a "OMG, YOU JUST DON'T KNOW HOW GOOD YOU HAVE IT!!!".
Summary: I don't like my new job as well as I thought I would, and it is making me sad about life. I'm not unhappy to the point of hating my life, but the small things are piling up, and quickly.

Return to “General Discussion”