[xA S ] a warrior's heart.

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Re: [xA S ] a warrior's heart.

Post by AimoAio » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:53 pm

Nice editing. :up: Good colour/lighting and transitions in general but I felt like your scene selection and sync was a little lacking, in particular during the action sections, which meant the mood from the verses wasn't really carried through into the choruses.

I liked how your theme starts off though with everything going back in time to before Saber destroyed the Holy Grail, this you managed to portray really well from the start till up to around 1:00, cause I can really feel the "regret" they have of the current state of events. Then the chorus starts and while it looks fairly good, I felt like it was missing something to make it more dynamic. I think this is because you had some unusual scenes in here, especially that one of Rider. When he appeared I was just like "huh?" cause you never showed Saber confronting him in the AMV beforehand, though the same can be said of Lancer and Berserker but I could ignore those since you had more scenes of them later. I guess the problem is there was never a prelude for the battle that ensues in the chorus? It sorta felt like "Hey it's the chorus! Let's throw some action in here!" which didn't quite work out in this case unfortunately.

Then from the end of the first chorus till around 1:35, it seemed like you just used some scenes of Ilya and Irisviel with a few of Saber as fillers cause there isn't any explicit relationship between them and Saber. I figured the AMV was a character profile of Saber and Kiritsugu so involving other characters without showing how they relate to the two main protagonists of the AMV felt very odd and broke up the AMV.

I also feel inclined to mention that about 1:40 you missed an incredible chance for some awesome sync to start the chorus. You should have put the foot stepping scene earlier or cut it out completely and just show the explosion, that way it would have given much more impact to your chorus. Though that being said, your second chorus was much much better in comparison with your first. Here I can actually see and understand what you're trying to show so props for that. :up:

Overall, it was a pretty decent AMV. It could have been better and used improvements in a couple of places but I personally quite enjoyed it (despite the song xD) so good job! :up:

Shinzui IT
The sexy Artist
Org Profile

Post by Shinzui IT » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:15 pm

Not bad, felt it was missing a few things.

HitagiAMVs
Org Profile

Post by HitagiAMVs » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:15 pm

AimoAio wrote:Nice editing. :up: Good colour/lighting and transitions in general but I felt like your scene selection and sync was a little lacking, in particular during the action sections, which meant the mood from the verses wasn't really carried through into the choruses.

I liked how your theme starts off though with everything going back in time to before Saber destroyed the Holy Grail, this you managed to portray really well from the start till up to around 1:00, cause I can really feel the "regret" they have of the current state of events. Then the chorus starts and while it looks fairly good, I felt like it was missing something to make it more dynamic. I think this is because you had some unusual scenes in here, especially that one of Rider. When he appeared I was just like "huh?" cause you never showed Saber confronting him in the AMV beforehand, though the same can be said of Lancer and Berserker but I could ignore those since you had more scenes of them later. I guess the problem is there was never a prelude for the battle that ensues in the chorus? It sorta felt like "Hey it's the chorus! Let's throw some action in here!" which didn't quite work out in this case unfortunately.

Then from the end of the first chorus till around 1:35, it seemed like you just used some scenes of Ilya and Irisviel with a few of Saber as fillers cause there isn't any explicit relationship between them and Saber. I figured the AMV was a character profile of Saber and Kiritsugu so involving other characters without showing how they relate to the two main protagonists of the AMV felt very odd and broke up the AMV.

I also feel inclined to mention that about 1:40 you missed an incredible chance for some awesome sync to start the chorus. You should have put the foot stepping scene earlier or cut it out completely and just show the explosion, that way it would have given much more impact to your chorus. Though that being said, your second chorus was much much better in comparison with your first. Here I can actually see and understand what you're trying to show so props for that. :up:

Overall, it was a pretty decent AMV. It could have been better and used improvements in a couple of places but I personally quite enjoyed it (despite the song xD) so good job! :up:

OOOOooo *^*

Finally a comment with some weight.And it's giant xD
Thank you for this.

Chained(E)Studio
Org Profile

Post by Chained(E)Studio » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:18 pm

AimoAio wrote:Nice editing. :up: Good colour/lighting and transitions in general but I felt like your scene selection and sync was a little lacking, in particular during the action sections
x2

and
I personally really liked the mood set for this. I thought it was really well done =3

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”