Best Parody

Best Parody

Postby Otohiko » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:34 am

This video imitates or satirizes a known genre or piece of media. Many parodies are for comic effect, but some are dramatic and thought-provoking. The award goes to the video which was most effective in parodying something else, whether it be in a funny, dramatic, cool, or just plain bizarre way.
Otohiko
 
Joined: 05 May 2003

Re: Best Parody

Postby MimS » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:48 am

Image
Image
User avatar
MimS
Baguette Master
 
Joined: 03 Mar 2008
Location: Paris
Status: With all other Seleçãos

Re: Best Parody

Postby kireblue » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:57 am

Last edited by kireblue on Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
MomoCon AMV Exhibitions Director
Seishun Con Fan Media Director
User avatar
kireblue
 
Joined: 06 Mar 2007
Location: Atlanta, Georgia

Re: Best Parody

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:52 am

I'll get stuff up later, but a general suggestion for everyone post the original and then the parody for comparison. The former can just be a YouTube link if its not anime or on here. It can really help if people aren't familiar with the source being paroidied.
User avatar
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
 
Joined: 14 Sep 2004
Location: Merrimack, NH
Status: Extreeeeeeeeeme

Re: Best Parody

Postby Pic4 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:02 am

Otohiko wrote:Video: The Nightmagi Cometh (Preview)
Category: Action, Comedy, Character Profile, etc. (+1)
Anime: Puella Magi Madoka Magica (TV)
Song: Daymanstep
Artist: Joman
Creator: Kisanzi (Visualized Nightmare Studios)


Image
Derping around
User avatar
Pic4
free to pay
 
Joined: 11 Feb 2012
Location: Germany
Status: Babo

Re: Best Parody

Postby kireblue » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:04 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:I'll get stuff up later, but a general suggestion for everyone post the original and then the parody for comparison. The former can just be a YouTube link if its not anime or on here. It can really help if people aren't familiar with the source being paroidied.

good idea
Image
MomoCon AMV Exhibitions Director
Seishun Con Fan Media Director
User avatar
kireblue
 
Joined: 06 Mar 2007
Location: Atlanta, Georgia


Re: Best Parody

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:12 pm

Other than the two Kireblue posted and that great one by Ileia that Yue took care of mentioning, here were some more good ones from this year:

Original: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkVlC2WgEwc

Parody:

--------------

Original: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaA_cs4WZHM

First Parody:

And suddenly:

--------------

And the 800lb gorilla in the room:

Original: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzC4hFK5P3g

Parody:
Last edited by BasharOfTheAges on Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
 
Joined: 14 Sep 2004
Location: Merrimack, NH
Status: Extreeeeeeeeeme

Re: Best Parody

Postby Radical_Yue » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:14 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:And the 800lb gorilla in the room:

Original: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzC4hFK5P3g

Parody:



Oh wow, I didn't realize she released it!

:up: :up:
Image
User avatar
Radical_Yue
stuck in a room with a moose
 
Joined: 04 Feb 2005
Status: The flamer with heart of gold~<3

Re: Best Parody

Postby kireblue » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:28 pm

Radical_Yue wrote:
BasharOfTheAges wrote:And the 800lb gorilla in the room:

Original: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzC4hFK5P3g

Parody:



Oh wow, I didn't realize she released it!

:up: :up:

can't believe that I forgot about this one.
Image
MomoCon AMV Exhibitions Director
Seishun Con Fan Media Director
User avatar
kireblue
 
Joined: 06 Mar 2007
Location: Atlanta, Georgia

Re: Best Parody

Postby l33tmeatwad » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:32 pm

Sites: Website | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube
Guides & Scripts: AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | Anime Upscale
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | YouTube
User avatar
l33tmeatwad
 
Joined: 16 Feb 2005
Location: Charleston, SC
Status: Trolling

Re: Best Parody

Postby AsuSa » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:50 pm

AsuSa
 
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Best Parody

Postby GloryQuestor » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:13 pm

kireblue wrote:
Radical_Yue wrote:
BasharOfTheAges wrote:And the 800lb gorilla in the room:

Original: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzC4hFK5P3g

Parody:



Oh wow, I didn't realize she released it!

:up: :up:

can't believe that I forgot about this one.


This is a tough one, since the most enjoyment from this requires seeing the original PONPON first. Once you do, though ... yeah, you get it. :)

l33tmeatwad wrote:

x2 on this, best Parody of the year IMO.


x3 on this for sure.
( :| Serious Business Studios :| )
Website Administrator, AnimeMusicVideos.Org
Pittsburgh Japanese Culture Society Events - AMV Department Head
Anime Weekend Atlanta - Video Art Track Department Supervisor
Another Anime Convention - Fan-Works Theater Staff
ImageImage
User avatar
GloryQuestor
Moderation Hero
 
Joined: 13 Apr 2004
Location: Cane Ridge, TN
Status: Moved to a new town, looking around.

Re: Best Parody

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:11 pm

@GQ - that's almost a given in this category, though. It's not best video that happens to be a parody, it's best parody. Which is why I suggested people post before & after links, so we all have the proper context to judge for ourselves.
User avatar
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
 
Joined: 14 Sep 2004
Location: Merrimack, NH
Status: Extreeeeeeeeeme

Re: Best Parody

Postby Rider4Z » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:32 am

BasharOfTheAges wrote:@GQ - that's almost a given in this category, though. It's not best video that happens to be a parody, it's best parody. Which is why I suggested people post before & after links, so we all have the proper context to judge for ourselves.

is that how Best Parody (and other best of categories) is defined? "Best Mimic of another video" as opposed to "Best video that falls under Parody definitions" :uhoh:

a crucial difference in definitions if you ask me. also a thought that i think should be stressed upon in the other categories so we don't have the usual sweep winners.
Image Image
Image Image
Anime Conji AMV Contest Coordinator
Anime Vegas AMV Contest Co-coordinator
User avatar
Rider4Z
Pirate King
 
Joined: 14 Dec 2003
Location: Your pants
Status: ppbbbbbbbbbb~

Next

Return to 2013 AnimeMusicVideos.Org Viewer's Choice Awards

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests