[MMV] My Anima

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
EimiJ7
Org Profile

[MMV] My Anima

Post by EimiJ7 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:33 am

+Anima is one of my favorite manga series, but it doesn't have an anime :( so I decided to make an MMV ^.^ Enjoy!

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Re: [MMV] My Anima

Post by pacotacoshell » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:09 am

Oh snap, I love this manga so I'll be a little biased in saying that it is SUPER MEGA ULTRA EPIC! But on a serious note, I'll say that a lot, and by a lot I mean a lot, more panning would have helped this video tons. The hardest thing about editing MMVs (imo) is that you're using still images, so it's your job to make things come to life and feel more than just a bunch of pictures.

Otherwise it was really awesome and I'm happy that this manga is getting some love. :mrgreen:

EimiJ7
Org Profile

Post by EimiJ7 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:14 am

pacotacoshell wrote:Oh snap, I love this manga so I'll be a little biased in saying that it is SUPER MEGA ULTRA EPIC! But on a serious note, I'll say that a lot, and by a lot I mean a lot, more panning would have helped this video tons. The hardest thing about editing MMVs (imo) is that you're using still images, so it's your job to make things come to life and feel more than just a bunch of pictures.

Otherwise it was really awesome and I'm happy that this manga is getting some love. :mrgreen:
Thank you for the advice! I will definitely think about that more in my future projects. I'm really glad you liked it ^.^

BecauseImBored1
Org Profile

Post by BecauseImBored1 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:27 pm

Very nice!! The colors are great

EimiJ7
Org Profile

Post by EimiJ7 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:57 pm

BecauseImBored1 wrote:Very nice!! The colors are great
Thank you! I spent a long time on them, so I'm glad they turned out good ^.^

JudgeHolden
Org Profile

Post by JudgeHolden » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:16 am

EimiJ7 wrote:
pacotacoshell wrote:Oh snap, I love this manga so I'll be a little biased in saying that it is SUPER MEGA ULTRA EPIC! But on a serious note, I'll say that a lot, and by a lot I mean a lot, more panning would have helped this video tons. The hardest thing about editing MMVs (imo) is that you're using still images, so it's your job to make things come to life and feel more than just a bunch of pictures.

Thank you for the advice! I will definitely think about that more in my future projects. I'm really glad you liked it ^.^
I liked this! But, it did need something. I was thinking 3D motion in AE would have really put it over the top. :up:

EimiJ7
Org Profile

Post by EimiJ7 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:14 am

JudgeHolden wrote: I liked this! But, it did need something. I was thinking 3D motion in AE would have really put it over the top. :up:
More camera and 3D composition! okie dokie, can do ^.^ thanks for the advice

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:51 pm

I'd rather not keep echoing what others have said already but I too agree that more movement would be given this a much more powerful impact. It's still pretty good as it stands just now, but it's just lacking that small factor to make a lasting impression. I do like how you added beat sync though. :up: Beat sync in MMVs is surprising difficult (from my personal experience) and you could have easily just lyric synced the whole way but I appreciate that extra effort you added cause I'm a fan of beat sync. :P That last scene was really nice too, carried just the perfect mood to it. <3

Also you need to give me your colouring skills *o* Those highlights and shadows are perfect! I've been practicing colouring quite a bit recently for a new MMV but I can never get the shadows and highlights to come out the way I want. :( GIMME YOUR SECRETS! :twisted:

EimiJ7
Org Profile

Post by EimiJ7 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:37 am

AimoAio wrote:I'd rather not keep echoing what others have said already but I too agree that more movement would be given this a much more powerful impact. It's still pretty good as it stands just now, but it's just lacking that small factor to make a lasting impression. I do like how you added beat sync though. :up: Beat sync in MMVs is surprising difficult (from my personal experience) and you could have easily just lyric synced the whole way but I appreciate that extra effort you added cause I'm a fan of beat sync. :P That last scene was really nice too, carried just the perfect mood to it. <3

Also you need to give me your colouring skills *o* Those highlights and shadows are perfect! I've been practicing colouring quite a bit recently for a new MMV but I can never get the shadows and highlights to come out the way I want. :( GIMME YOUR SECRETS! :twisted:
Thank you very much for your comments ^.^ and good luck on your MMV! I wish I could give you advice, but I honestly think the main reason the coloring looks so good is because the manga was so well drawn. I was able to take cues from the manga-ka's shading. I'm actually surprised at how good it looks every time I watch it because I've only had limited experience with this in the past :sweat:

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”