Anime source(?)

butterflo
Org Profile

Anime source(?)

Post by butterflo » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:03 pm

I'm currently editing with some footages, and I'm not sure this would be eligible for org catalog entry.

The main footage is this. It is a type of AMV(more like MAD), but the video part consists of entirely new animation work instead of using existing source.
What I'm doing is, I'm trying to add more context which fits the song(stardust by sound horizon), but doesn't exist in the original animation work.

Is this type of work against the org rules? it states 'enter only the videos you created', but I'm not sure how to interpret this here.
watch my videos here:
https://butterflo.me

post-it
Org Profile

Re: Anime source(?)

Post by post-it » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:21 pm

Hmm, we perfer that everybody use DVD's and Rip them as a standard.
. The reason being is quite simple, really; that way if you run into trouble ... we can help you.
( using someone elses footage will cause problem.)

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:30 pm

butterflo wrote:I'm currently editing with some footages, and I'm not sure this would be eligible for org catalog entry.

The main footage is this. It is a type of AMV(more like MAD), but the video part consists of entirely new animation work instead of using existing source.
What I'm doing is, I'm trying to add more context which fits the song(stardust by sound horizon), but doesn't exist in the original animation work.

Is this type of work against the org rules? it states 'enter only the videos you created', but I'm not sure how to interpret this here.
Hmmm, we might discuss it with other mods depending on how the result looks and feels, but from your description it sounds like it should be fairly okay.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:50 pm

Original animation has always been okay here, so long as it's your original animation. It's been the big exception in source rules.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

butterflo
Org Profile

Post by butterflo » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:17 am

Nya-chan Production wrote:Hmmm, we might discuss it with other mods depending on how the result looks and feels, but from your description it sounds like it should be fairly okay.
Transformative grey zone! |:> I'll have to put more work in :)
Will there be any need for confirmation before I upload?
post-it wrote:Hmm, we perfer that everybody use DVD's and Rip them as a standard.
. The reason being is quite simple, really; that way if you run into trouble ... we can help you.
If you mean 'portion or whole, of edited result from sources' by 'footage' I certainly concur.
What I'm worrying is the source I'm using is original animation, rather than edited work from premiered sources.
BasharOfTheAges wrote:Original animation has always been okay here, so long as it's your original animation. It's been the big exception in source rules.
If I were to use original animation as source, will it be okay then?
AMVs use premiered sources to edit with. I'm not sure I can replace 'premiered sources' with 'original animation'.
watch my videos here:
https://butterflo.me

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:50 am

butterflo wrote:
BasharOfTheAges wrote:Original animation has always been okay here, so long as it's your original animation. It's been the big exception in source rules.
If I were to use original animation as source, will it be okay then?
AMVs use premiered sources to edit with. I'm not sure I can replace 'premiered sources' with 'original animation'.
It's been allowed in the past, so long as you are the one who made it. I don't agree with it and I think it runs counter to the rules of the site, but in the past it's been okay, and I don't think anything's changed.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:01 pm

butterflo wrote:
post-it wrote:Hmm, we perfer that everybody use DVD's and Rip them as a standard.
If you mean 'portion or whole, of edited result from sources' by 'footage' I certainly concur. :up:
What I'm worrying is the source I'm using is original animation, rather than edited work from premiered sources.
Original Animation is quite welcome here; in fact, we encourage it! :up:
. The last one that I remember being here released his own like own Manga
and made an AMV of his first series, "Mega Tokyo" .. jad---- T_T ( sniff-sniff .. I forgot his Name here! )
:bear:

post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:52 pm

.. did a little research and discovered that "his reference" has been
removed from our archives .. which is really too bad! The only other 2003
references are also deleted: Video "12973 megatoyko" as 1 of 3 used.
. The web site has "closed" while being under a different title now - Fred; We Miss You 8-)

Return to “Site Help & Feedback”