Neuromancer [TTT - Finale]

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
irriadin
BUBBLES!
Org Profile

Neuromancer [TTT - Finale]

Post by irriadin » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:45 am

Team Re-Blended Corndog Nightmare presents:

>>YT Link<<

Screenshot preview:
Spoiler :
There was a cyberpunk counter-culture movement in the mid 80's / early 90's sprung from literature (William Gibson's Neuromancer), movies (Blade Runner) and the encroaching digital computer revolution. I felt like that was a more interesting interpretation of the theme than straight-out aping a time period. Please check the video description for more information on the subject.

We hope you enjoy!

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Re: Neuromancer [TTT - Finale]

Post by l33tmeatwad » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:16 am

Amazing job, nothing to complain about tech wise; visuals were amazing and the color changes helped to mesh the different sources together well. Parts of it (like the lain section) felt a little slow, but overall the pacing and timing was great. As someone who really doesn't like MEPs and multi-source AMVs much, I have to say it was definitely one of the best MEPs I've ever seen and was really enjoyable.
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:28 pm

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

Replay Studios
A Studio Within A Studio
Org Profile

Post by Replay Studios » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:21 pm

i will never edit lain ever again XDD

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:43 pm

Nice take on the theme. :up: Rather than showing something directly from the 80s, you chose a culture that was inspired by a book and bloomed in that era instead. So it does meet the base theme requirements nicely, but only the base.

I say this because while I enjoyed the video a lot, (great song choice by the way :mrgreen: ) the problem I had with this video was it never really brought out anything in that culture. It felt mostly like abstract scenery and there was no real plot or depth to the images shown on screen. Sure, I get the idea of cyberpunk and how it relates to the 80s but so what? What did cyberpunk bring to society? How did it affect society? Did it change anything in society? The video showed us what cyberpunk was, but not what it did. So you get points for the idea but not really any for the execution because I couldn't see anything other than cyberpunk elements, (AIs, HUD overlays, robots, futuristic looking cities) I mean you could have took this idea further and developed it into maybe how the cyberpunk culture inspired scientists to develop new technology or how the culture affected the people; perhaps it made their lives easier by automating more processes normally done by humans + show how civilization is flourishing in this high-tech era or tougher by reducing the number of professions/jobs since it's all handled by machinery + show terrible living conditions for some. Or you could even show it as a bad idea; as technology advances, more people are becoming reliant on it for survival and this leads to their destruction eventually, maybe you could even show how evil characters could use it as a weapon to control/destroy humanity. Another thought I got from the song is that you could have showed a rebellion between humans and the robots with humans losing in the end. There's a lot of paths you can take the theme in and I felt like this AMV didn't take the culture in any direction other than at the base level (appearance) which made it's concept weak.

That being said, I do understand this was done under time constraints which probably restricted a lot of your potential ideas from being executed. The editing itself is fantastic, my personal favourite is the intro. Did you create those sound effects yourselves? Nice job there! :mrgreen: The intro starts the AMV off nicely by showing the theme but because it starts off so well, I had even higher expectations for the rest of it which wasn't quite met. The lyrical parts I found especially weak, because for the instrumental sections you could easily fill with some abstract futuristic scenes but the lyrical parts are a lot harder if you really wanted to keep a story consistent and fitting with the theme so scene selection would be really important. However in this AMV, to me anyway, they felt random and I couldn't find a link between them all. (except for the cyberpunk element mentioned) Also I found a few parts (especially the mid section which was Lain?) a bit slow pacing-wise and would have really benefited from even some simple scan lines or computer overlays just to give it that extra touch.

But otherwise, the feel is there and the AMV is generally pretty enjoyable to watch since I've already rewatched it around 5-6 times just to write this short...uh...I mean fairly long opinion. xD If I had to choose between this and Neverland, I would have probably picked this as the winner for myself personally. Despite the fact it lacks substance, I tend to enjoys abstract videos more and sci-fi is always cool, :awesome: plus the editing is awesome. Seriously, great job guys. :D I'm impressed you came up with something like this in just two weeks although I wish if yous had time, you'd do a remake on the theme with a more concrete and developed story which really would make it one incredible AMV. :up: Of course, this is all based on my own subjective rambling so you could ignore me if you like. :D

Nonetheless, congratulations for making it to the finals of the competition! :D

Shinzui IT
The sexy Artist
Org Profile

Post by Shinzui IT » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:15 pm

Nicely done, I love the theme :up:

Teh Cat
Org Profile

Post by Teh Cat » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:22 pm

Its a hot mess of awesome. Lol at the gonzo logo clip.

post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:40 pm

L-L-Love the Music; a ErMaC & DrakMouse type Video with Level 4 story telling: ^__^ I-I-I Like It! (long time no-see)

irriadin
BUBBLES!
Org Profile

Post by irriadin » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:37 am

AimoAio wrote:Nice take on the theme. :up: Rather than showing something directly from the 80s, you chose a culture that was inspired by a book and bloomed in that era instead. So it does meet the base theme requirements nicely, but only the base.

I say this because while I enjoyed the video a lot, (great song choice by the way :mrgreen: ) the problem I had with this video was it never really brought out anything in that culture. It felt mostly like abstract scenery and there was no real plot or depth to the images shown on screen. Sure, I get the idea of cyberpunk and how it relates to the 80s but so what? What did cyberpunk bring to society? How did it affect society? Did it change anything in society? The video showed us what cyberpunk was, but not what it did. So you get points for the idea but not really any for the execution because I couldn't see anything other than cyberpunk elements, (AIs, HUD overlays, robots, futuristic looking cities) I mean you could have took this idea further and developed it into maybe how the cyberpunk culture inspired scientists to develop new technology or how the culture affected the people; perhaps it made their lives easier by automating more processes normally done by humans + show how civilization is flourishing in this high-tech era or tougher by reducing the number of professions/jobs since it's all handled by machinery + show terrible living conditions for some. Or you could even show it as a bad idea; as technology advances, more people are becoming reliant on it for survival and this leads to their destruction eventually, maybe you could even show how evil characters could use it as a weapon to control/destroy humanity. Another thought I got from the song is that you could have showed a rebellion between humans and the robots with humans losing in the end. There's a lot of paths you can take the theme in and I felt like this AMV didn't take the culture in any direction other than at the base level (appearance) which made it's concept weak.

That being said, I do understand this was done under time constraints which probably restricted a lot of your potential ideas from being executed. The editing itself is fantastic, my personal favourite is the intro. Did you create those sound effects yourselves? Nice job there! :mrgreen: The intro starts the AMV off nicely by showing the theme but because it starts off so well, I had even higher expectations for the rest of it which wasn't quite met. The lyrical parts I found especially weak, because for the instrumental sections you could easily fill with some abstract futuristic scenes but the lyrical parts are a lot harder if you really wanted to keep a story consistent and fitting with the theme so scene selection would be really important. However in this AMV, to me anyway, they felt random and I couldn't find a link between them all. (except for the cyberpunk element mentioned) Also I found a few parts (especially the mid section which was Lain?) a bit slow pacing-wise and would have really benefited from even some simple scan lines or computer overlays just to give it that extra touch.

But otherwise, the feel is there and the AMV is generally pretty enjoyable to watch since I've already rewatched it around 5-6 times just to write this short...uh...I mean fairly long opinion. xD If I had to choose between this and Neverland, I would have probably picked this as the winner for myself personally. Despite the fact it lacks substance, I tend to enjoys abstract videos more and sci-fi is always cool, :awesome: plus the editing is awesome. Seriously, great job guys. :D I'm impressed you came up with something like this in just two weeks although I wish if yous had time, you'd do a remake on the theme with a more concrete and developed story which really would make it one incredible AMV. :up: Of course, this is all based on my own subjective rambling so you could ignore me if you like. :D

Nonetheless, congratulations for making it to the finals of the competition! :D
Thank you very much for the detailed and awsm comment, May. It's true, the concept wasn't incredibly well realized. The last part with Mardock Scramble kinda derails the "abstract imagery" approach, too. I do wish we had more time to edit, but I'm happy with what we produced. As for the sound effects, I took them all from Source Film-Maker... (Half-Life 2 sfx :sweat:) Glad you liked it!

And thanks to everyone else that has commented. We appreciate it!

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”