Little Things You Hate

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
meleechampion
Org Profile

Re: Little Things You Hate

Post by meleechampion » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:00 pm

When you have one exercise left and some dude and his buddy have 5 sets to go, each, on the only machine in the gym.

lloyd9988
Org Profile

Post by lloyd9988 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:25 pm

meleechampion wrote:When you have one exercise left and some dude and his buddy have 5 sets to go, each, on the only machine in the gym.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qGOyb_YW9Y

Skip to 0:32 :awesome:

meleechampion
Org Profile

Post by meleechampion » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:23 pm

lloyd9988 wrote:
meleechampion wrote:When you have one exercise left and some dude and his buddy have 5 sets to go, each, on the only machine in the gym.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qGOyb_YW9Y

Skip to 0:32 :awesome:
Hah!

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:33 pm

Management dicking me (and my job prospects) around
ImageImageImageImage

Mr. Fuzzyflippers
Lets Positive Thinking
Org Profile

Post by Mr. Fuzzyflippers » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:39 pm

Doesn't apply to me anymore, but when I was in high school and I would first wake up. Those 3 seconds after you wake up where I would hate the fact that I am in fact alive and I have to go to school that day.

Mr. Fuzzyflippers
Lets Positive Thinking
Org Profile

Post by Mr. Fuzzyflippers » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:40 pm

Sorry for double posting, but WOW I worded that badly, I really need to sleep.

Qyot27
Surreptitious fluffy bunny
Org Profile

Post by Qyot27 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:09 pm

My normal method for CD ripping is to generate a WAV+CUE with ImgBurn (and if ImgBurn can't grab the correct metadata, regenerate the CUE with EAC), then load the WAV+CUE into foobar2000 and use it to split the tracks, after which I usually encode them into AAC with qtaacenc.

I'd been using this method for a while (over a year). So I do the process again for the Orgy CD I just got. I check the AAC files, and something is very wrong. The volume was just going all over the place, sometimes within a single song - suddenly jumping between loud and quiet. Some were what I'd perceive as the proper volume, others were really quiet. I started to think something was wrong with the disc.

So I check the FLAC I'd encoded from the original .wav file - the volume is fine, and consistent. So it's not the disc - it was foobar. Turns out it was automatically generating and then applying ReplayGain as it was splitting the album from the big .wav into separate .wavs, and obviously was doing it badly at that (once I made sure ReplayGain was turned off and redid the splitting, everything was fine).

For some strange reason, it must have decided that this particular album was the first one it was going to royally screw up on, since all the previous CDs I'd used this method on I didn't detect anything wonky having been done to the output, and was blissfully unaware that the ReplayGain settings were active. Still makes me a bit paranoid as to whether there really was something going on with the older ones too, although thankfully it would only have affected maybe 10 (technically 11, but one of them was a single) albums' worth of files.
My profile on MyAnimeList | Quasistatic Regret: yeah, yeah, I finally got a blog

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:22 am

Bleh. Kind of disappointed with music I love lately. The last few albums of bands I like lately have been total garbage. Mute Math and Muse have both crapped out mediocre tracks as of late. I mean, I'm all for bands growing, evolving, and changing their sound in order to discover themselves as artists. It works out great for some groups; Pendulum went from "Good drum 'n bass" to "Don't know what the fuck this is, but it's awesome" in just three albums. I guess it saddens me a little to grow distant from my favorites.

On the plus side, I have been increasingly impressed with videogame soundtracks lately. It's great to see technology finally catching up to the composer's vision and the high caliber pieces that result from this.

Hiro The Dragon King
Org Profile

Post by Hiro The Dragon King » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:54 am

On the topic of music, I have a few peeves.

For over four years, I have been following the production of Deltron Event II. The album itself has been completed since January of last year. It's been delayed by "logistics" since then. In January, Del said it would be released very soon. In June, Dan said it would likely be released in September. In early November, Del said the album was "in limbo" with no release date. In late November, Kid Koala said that it would be released in spring. And as of two days ago, we finally have the first single and... I'm a tad disappointed in it. The beat's amazing, but lyrically, it doesn't really live up to the masterpiece of 3030, though I love the style. I really hope Del did an amazing job on the rest of the album as we've been waiting on his vocals for most of the four years I've known about the album.

Other than that, music in general is just bad these days. It makes me said that there are thousands of drivers on the road at any given time in this town, and any time one of them passes me with their windows down, I cringe. I've never had a car pass me, heard their music, and said to myself, "that's nice/cool/interesting/not shit; I wonder what it is." Even radio stations that I used to like play nothing but shit these days.

And most of my favorite bands haven't released an album in the better part of a decade. I have been on a binge for new music for years, constantly downloading new albums. The only place I've found that I can trust for finding decent and varying music is the site.

aesling
Mad Scientist
Org Profile

Post by aesling » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:03 pm

When people ask your opinion on something, then do whatever the hell they wanted to anyway. :p
:ying:

Return to “General Discussion”