[Akross Con 2012] [MEP] - Our Particular World

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
gabberMD
Org Profile

Re: [Akross Con 2012] [MEP] - Our Particular World

Post by gabberMD » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:09 pm

just amazing guys :mrgreen: this mep deserve much more on akross :(

[madaraxD]
L1king Lolis
Org Profile

Post by [madaraxD] » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:57 pm

Glad you like it Dany and oh well, i think the same about your video :| , but anyway, thanks for your comment!

Shinzui IT
The sexy Artist
Org Profile

Post by Shinzui IT » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:32 am

Nice you guys! I enjoyed it :) :up:

Chained(E)Studio
Org Profile

Post by Chained(E)Studio » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:26 am

This was a nice MEP, with a great concept.
The Particular Effect parts where really nice though. I have to wonder if each editor took the time to do the effect themselves on their parts or if you did all that yourself Mike ='3? Otherwise, you can definitely see the small weaknesses between editors and the use of this song (as I said before). Its just an extremely slow, long song with not much buildups.

[madaraxD]
L1king Lolis
Org Profile

Post by [madaraxD] » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:16 pm

Theredflash66 wrote:Nice you guys! I enjoyed it :) :up:
Thank you man! :up:
Chained(E)Studio wrote:This was a nice MEP, with a great concept.
The Particular Effect parts where really nice though. I have to wonder if each editor took the time to do the effect themselves on their parts or if you did all that yourself Mike ='3? Otherwise, you can definitely see the small weaknesses between editors and the use of this song (as I said before). Its just an extremely slow, long song with not much buildups.
Yeah, we teach it to the others and each one used it in their own style, and yep, agree with you about the song x_x, thank for your comment Ashy! :aimkissyface:

And also we are happy with the results! |:> |:> |:>

- 16th Overall
- 1st Place at Best Teamwork
- 5th Place at Best Romance/Sentimental
- 8th Place at Best Original Concept
- 9th Place at Best Design of Visual Effects
- 10th Place at Best Presentation
- 11th place at Best Technicall Work
Spoiler :
:beer:

Mastamind
Org Profile

Post by Mastamind » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:13 am

I'm surprised this video didn't rank higher. The effects were very well done and tasteful; the purple gave it a unique mood that made for a very melancholy viewing. Great creativity, sync, and overall execution made this video one of my top favorites of the Con. Amazing job to all the editors :up:

[madaraxD]
L1king Lolis
Org Profile

Post by [madaraxD] » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:01 pm

Mastamind wrote:I'm surprised this video didn't rank higher. The effects were very well done and tasteful; the purple gave it a unique mood that made for a very melancholy viewing. Great creativity, sync, and overall execution made this video one of my top favorites of the Con. Amazing job to all the editors :up:
Thank you very much for your opinion! i also like yours haha :P and well, we always have next year |:>

Emong
A Damaged Lemon
Org Profile

Post by Emong » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:25 pm

I have to admit that even though I participated in Akross this is the first time that I watched this video from the beginning to the end with full attention.

This is a really cool MEP idea but unfortunately the format did also bring some problems with it as was already noted above. I also liked the purple/neon light effect and the way that everyone used the same effect in their own ways. It really combined the various clips together. However, there's the problem of coherency that comes with MEPs. There are not only very visible differences in styles technically but I also couldn't really connect anything with the idea behind the amv (of everyone living in their own particular worlds). Just masking characters out and turning their backgrounds into purple doesn't quite do the trick. As cool as this video is I think it nonetheless would have benefited from having only one editor or perhaps a different kind of a concept? Maybe all the editors could have approached the same anime/character/story from different perspectives? Dunno.

Nonetheless, this is a really neat video with very imaginative visuals and mostly nice sync (in spite of such a slow song!). Nice job everyone! 4/5 :up:

Koneko
Org Profile

Post by Koneko » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:28 pm

very cute video, I liked it

SeNniN
Org Profile

Post by SeNniN » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:32 pm

one of my fav's this year from akross. I really like the concept, and how you guys added the effects that focus on each character that, even though, your surrounded by others your alone in the end. I don't think there was a huge gap between each parts in editing. I think all the editors did a awesome job, and they should be proud. I'm not going to nitpick on small things, but overall, this is really well done. It deserves a higher ranking for sure, and personally I would rank it far higher, but what can I say.. that's just how it is every year. Good job, guys. :up:

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”