Sword Art Online

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
ibabrak
Org Profile

Re: Sword Art Online

Post by ibabrak » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:22 am

I didn't really think that the last episode was amazing... I feel like there wasn't enough of Asuna. Plus the fact that even though that Sugu got herself an entire season she just had to get more time. I really thought that it'd be Asuna x Kirito focused episode + maybe The Seed
Spoiler :
Also, why does Asuna's new character have blue hair :,(
Eake4 wrote:That ending was great, Next arc covers
Spoiler :
guns (I think?)
. If it ever gets animated I'll be sure to watch it
Spoiler :
ImageImage

Full Metal Sempai
Org Profile

Post by Full Metal Sempai » Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:54 am

Best anime of the year (not like I watched a lot) although I'd like to see more Asuna x Kirito in the end.
Sugu also needed more time...

Eake4
Australian Zeus
Org Profile

Post by Eake4 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:22 am

Full Metal Sempai wrote:Best anime of the year (not like I watched a lot) although I'd like to see more Asuna x Kirito in the end.
Sugu also needed more time...
You didn't watch alot, many were better than this.

pan_dbgt01
Org Profile

Post by pan_dbgt01 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:06 pm

I don't usually view animes based on the season, but this is very highly rated and looks pretty good.

Is it worth a watch?

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:10 pm

pan_dbgt01 wrote:I don't usually view animes based on the season, but this is very highly rated and looks pretty good.

Is it worth a watch?
It's enjoyable but don't expect anything revolutionary. Aside from the whole MMO thing the characters aren't quite what they could have been IMO. But worth watching anyway

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:26 am

pan_dbgt01 wrote:I don't usually view animes based on the season, but this is very highly rated and looks pretty good.

Is it worth a watch?
The first half is very entertaining and generally has a good plot and character development. The second half throws most of that out of the window, but has more interesting battles and scenes. I would say YES without hesitation though, because it's just a really nice experience overall.

Especially relevant if you're a gamer and know the pain/suffering of MMOs in general. :awesome:

Flame-X
Org Profile

Post by Flame-X » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:16 pm

It's the worst show I've seen of 2012 but watch it for yourself to see if you like it or not.

TEKnician
Org Profile

Sword Art Online

Post by TEKnician » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:12 pm

CodeZTM wrote:

Is it worth a watch?
The first half is very entertaining and generally has a good plot and character development. The second half throws most of that out of the window, but has more interesting battles and scenes. I would say YES without hesitation though, because it's just a really nice experience overall.

Especially relevant if you're a gamer and know the pain/suffering of MMOs in general. :awesome:
All of this
Almost as hard as fighting a Holy Paladin.

pan_dbgt01
Org Profile

Post by pan_dbgt01 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:17 am

Looking for new sources for editing. Seeing as this is becoming overused I will take my time on watching this. I think it does look like it's worth a watch though.

OmNomNomAttack
Org Profile

Post by OmNomNomAttack » Wed May 01, 2013 12:05 am

I have seen this anime almost fifty times now and I have to say, the replayability is high in my oppinion. Its an excellent up and coming anime that's getting alot of good reviews. However, I am afraid about the English dub. As much as I love the series, <<I'm going to be blunt here>>, American dubs butcher anime. i'm afraid the good and honest portrails of characters that made the Japanese work so good will be ruined in the modern sensibilities of American standards. I will certainly watch the American dub, but I'm afraid that I will never love it as much as I loved the original.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”