[AKROSS Con 2012] Aevum

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Pikachew
Org Profile

Re: [AKROSS Con 2012] Aevum

Post by Pikachew » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:33 pm

Aw yiss spoile-

:shock: spoilers :shock:

... -watches anyway-

-is entertained-

I liked it. Nicely crafted! Solid video-- I left you an opinion with more feedback :twisted:

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:49 pm

ProjectBarcodeError wrote:@rider: i would suggest FSN first, cause FZ is soooooo much better and mature than FSN , you'll rage at FSN if you watch it after Zero
so how bout i skip the first altogether and just watch Zero?

ProjectBarcodeError
Org Profile

Post by ProjectBarcodeError » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:09 pm

Rider4Z wrote:
ProjectBarcodeError wrote:@rider: i would suggest FSN first, cause FZ is soooooo much better and mature than FSN , you'll rage at FSN if you watch it after Zero
so how bout i skip the first altogether and just watch Zero?
That would be a good plan.

Chiiisus
Org Profile

Post by Chiiisus » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:37 am

WHY YOU NO LET ME BETA TEST?

I know Niwa got one while I was sleeping. Such a mean Pancake!

NEWHO! I actually liked this edit, some bits felt a bit slow but I still liked watching it all the same. :ying:
Rawr desu <3

xDreww
Org Profile

Post by xDreww » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:04 pm

Told you this before, just really couldn't get into this. Your emotion was there at times, your syncing is pretty good. I really like the 3d motion tracking that you did. Really dig those parts. Well done.
Though for me I just picture this song to be more aggressive in an AMV. I keep thinking of Akens version to this song with diebuster. Really enjoyed that one, but I don't really want to compare. Didn't really love it overall, its a cool video, so great job like always. :3

Pikachew
Org Profile

Post by Pikachew » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:48 pm

Wait wait...so I shouldn't watch FSN and skip to F/Zero then :shock: ?

This sounds like a mighty plan :twisted:

Once again, liked it a lot and now I plan on watching this anime :ying:

[madaraxD]
L1king Lolis
Org Profile

Post by [madaraxD] » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:28 am

Nice job May! nice sync and flow, good luck on Akross!

Niwa
Cake Addiction
Org Profile

Post by Niwa » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:17 pm

Saw a couple of betas in the early stage, and I quite like the scene selection but in terms of pace, it needed a tighter sync and faster rythm, especially if it dubstep. Colouring matches the slow part's atmosphere and most of the fast parts aswell. I also liked the masking transition and multi windows as a transition, it seemed to give the video a bit of it's own style and could've had use more of it. It made me more interested of watching the show now since I'm big fan of Type-moon franchises, especially Fate Stay Night <3 Overall I enjoyed it :up: and it was quite different from other dubstep videos that I've seen so far, that doesn't constantly focus on the pace or beat syncs.

Good job Secretary Pan--- :up:

Now.... where's those papers D:

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:25 pm

Hikado95 wrote:I miss soigneusement more synchronization, personally there were scenes that have a little work, the music you asked for more, something that to my lacking much in your video and now watching your video concept... the concept is not reflected much, only to see battles and more battles, and it is no bother but I personally give a regular category, is nothing out of the ordinary.
Hmm yeah I agree about the lack of a concept, it's not really strong. Basically, I just wanted to show how far they (Saber/Kiritsugu etc) were willing to go to achieve their goals (changing the past/saving the world/doing something they couldn't do before they died) but in the end it's not possible. To be honest, the concept is not shown explicitly in the video but is used as more of a abstract background just to tie the video together.
Taite wrote:Except for the beginning slow part (I felt the sync was off a bit there) all the other slow parts are perfect. They are more emotional and give a nice break from all the action and sort of redirect the video, so it's not /all/ random (to me, since I haven't seen the anime.) It was actually quite emotional on the whole, and now I'm curious about the guy's back story and how she fits in.
And then this is what I hate, because I liked all of the upbeat stuff too. :| The second half lagged a bit more than the first, and perhaps it should have hit a couple more beats, but I was not that much bothered. That's the importance of you using this anime to me, because the motion in each scene flows with the beats in between so well. If you used Romeo x Juliet or something, you'd have to have effects and pancrop motion making up for everything that the scenes here already did themselves. That doesn't make this amv less good because it relies heavily on the anime. It's smart. People can't often do it right; you can't just pick any ol' scene, you have to pick the right scene, with the exact right motion, to fit what's happening in the song. Like in the beginning action part when the song went slow-mo, you had a scene of the blonde haired chick in slow-mo, but still within the action realm. This is how you do it.
It's something I always try to implement in my amvs. Yes, you've got to change a scene at some point, and you might as well do it on a beat otherwise it will be shit, but on the in between, there needs to be such a connection between the music and the motion within the scene (or atmosphere of a still scene) that it holds for itself. And it's hard to get it just right.
All of this adds impact, and you pretty much hit it on the head. The first half had all this (though that quick black oval border that jumped in was the only part I really disliked), the second half less, mainly because the scenes themselves had less action and motion in them, and they were drawn on a half second longer. The effects you had in between, like with the square scenes and stuff, all fit where they were, and there wasn't too much of it either.
This is what electronic-y dubstep amvs should be like. You seriously expect someone to hit every single beat, whether with a scene or effect? Trust me, other amv with these types of songs are like that, and they're shit. I don't get why so many people complain.

Of course there's room for improvement, as in any amv. I was surprised this amv was from you actually, because it was completely different than your others! Really though, only good "dubstep" amv I've seen. :up:

**point of my rant is just that I think people don't really pay attention to the motion of the scene, and rather focus on effects and how fast it is in changing scenes in comparison to the song, which are both unnecessary.
Woah thanks for such a detailed comment! Always nice to hear from you since you seem to know what I'm thinking when it comes to AMVs. :P Because you're exactly right, I used minimal pans/zooms/masks in this and mostly relied on the motion from the anime itself to sync the action. The first chorus was much easier in this sense because it was mostly close up fights with swords/spears so there's a lot of clashing and explosions that give it a greater impact. The second part lacked this mostly due to the fact I chose the air battle scenes where they shoot bullets and stuff that doesn't have that "clashing" factor. Perhaps that is why the scenes felt like they lagged on a bit. (And also mainly because I lost motivation after the first chorus) Oh though the offsync by a few frames in the first slow part was intentional, I was trying to go for a different rhythm but uhh...somehow forgot that was my goal and ended up going with the sync anyway in the second slow section, which is why it feels sorta weird. :sweat:

The oval was added after I had a really random moment where I thought that scene looked too sharp around the corners in comparison with the ones near it so I decided to errr...smooth it out. XD

I'm pretty surprised at myself for editing this too. XD And I doubt I'll edit something similar anytime in the close future but I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)
RAWdangers wrote:Whatt??? A dubstep video without massive amounts of twitch!! FOR SHAME!! FOR SHAMEEEE! :down: smh! smh!!!

Just kidding x33 I really enjoyed it. I agree with ryan but as said, syncing dubstep aint easy and you took the chance x33 Glad you decided to edit with dubstep x33
Haha thanks Tommy! XD I didn't use twitch cause I wanted a cleaner editing style with little shaking and blurring if possible (and also because I actually don't really know how to use twitch well xD)
Theredflash66 wrote:very nice :D
Thanks! :D
ProjectBarcodeError wrote:I thought some scene choice would have need more care (a bit dissapoint not see the race of rider and his run on the bridge intead on mmmk flying moments). the use of Berserker past was a good idea, but someone who haven't the anime won't have a clue. i think the first part of the last chorus was more epic than the end.

the song was actually interesting. i don't like dubstep much, but it was a decent pick.

the frames effects were not "immersive" but they were helpful for rythm/beat. maybe it would have helped your concept of "time-bender saber" to use returns/rewinds of frames in order to avoid hits or a terrible fate? like "prince of persia:sands of time"? maybe that would have been nice.

despite these details, it was enjoyable. not the ultimate FZ AMV i wait for, but a pleasant one. And it was surprising to see you try this style of amv, it's fresh

Hope your next one will meets your expectations during editing ;)
Spoiler :
Ps: thanks for showing Berserker, that guy was my second favorite servant . I wanted him so much to kick saber's ass D,:
I had that scene converted to use actually, just midway through editing I decided to switch to the air battle scenes cause I couldn't fit the other scenes between the bike race. xD How lazy of me. The original idea of the 3D frames was for a similar purpose to that which you mentioned but uhh...as I mentioned before, partly into editing this I sorta ditched the concept but didn't want to ditch the effects so I just kept them for sync purposes. Though they would have looked a lot better if I didn't just cut into/out of them into the adjoining scenes. >__> Thanks for the comment though!
Pikachew wrote:Aw yiss spoile-

:shock: spoilers :shock:

... -watches anyway-

-is entertained-

I liked it. Nicely crafted! Solid video-- I left you an opinion with more feedback :twisted:
Haha, glad you enjoyed that! And thanks for the OP. ^^
Chiiisus wrote:WHY YOU NO LET ME BETA TEST?

I know Niwa got one while I was sleeping. Such a mean Pancake!

NEWHO! I actually liked this edit, some bits felt a bit slow but I still liked watching it all the same. :ying:
BECAUSE YOU WERE NOT ONLINE. XD AND WHEN YOU WERE ONLINE, I WAS EDITING SO I WAS MAKING A NEW BETA. XD Also cause I kept waiting for you to send me your CCS beta first before sending you mines BUT YOU TOOK TOO LONG. XD Oh and I didn't think you'd like dubstep. I'mma send all my fluffy romancey ones to you for beta-testing though. :twisted: Better be prepared!
xDreww wrote:Told you this before, just really couldn't get into this. Your emotion was there at times, your syncing is pretty good. I really like the 3d motion tracking that you did. Really dig those parts. Well done.
Though for me I just picture this song to be more aggressive in an AMV. I keep thinking of Akens version to this song with diebuster. Really enjoyed that one, but I don't really want to compare. Didn't really love it overall, its a cool video, so great job like always. :3
Actually, I didn't like Aken's video at all. I usually search for AMVs with a song I'm about to use so I don't clash ideas (not that I ever do) so I did see his video before editing this. I liked his concept and effects but I felt some sections of his version was incredibly slow and didn't quite carry the feel I was looking for, so in my AMV I tried to use a different cut style to combat the problem I saw in his. I guess in a sense, his video did inspire me to do something different. xD I'm glad you liked the 3D motions though, cause those took me a fairly long time. T__T
[madaraxD] wrote:Nice job May! nice sync and flow, good luck on Akross!
Thanks Mike! I loved your team's MEP. Very impressive, I'll leave a longer op on it soon. :up:
Niwa wrote:Saw a couple of betas in the early stage, and I quite like the scene selection but in terms of pace, it needed a tighter sync and faster rythm, especially if it dubstep. Colouring matches the slow part's atmosphere and most of the fast parts aswell. I also liked the masking transition and multi windows as a transition, it seemed to give the video a bit of it's own style and could've had use more of it. It made me more interested of watching the show now since I'm big fan of Type-moon franchises, especially Fate Stay Night <3 Overall I enjoyed it :up: and it was quite different from other dubstep videos that I've seen so far, that doesn't constantly focus on the pace or beat syncs.

Good job Secretary Pan--- :up:

Now.... where's those papers D:
Yeah I had a lot of problems with that, I didn't want the scenes to feel too long but I didn't want to cut on every single beat so it was a matter of trying to find the perfect balance between them, (which sorta failed in the second chorus) it's definitely one of my weak points that I need to work on.

BUT YEAH, YOU DEFINITELY NEED TO WATCH THIS. If you liked Fate Stay Night, you will love Fate/Zero. :up:

And now get working on Masochist! When are you ever going to release it?! xD And also you better be working on Changeling too, I've been waiting for that for too long! xD

--

@Rider: it's possible to skip FSN and just watch Zero since they're not like, closely knit together where you must watch one to understand the other. I watched FSN first because I tend to do things in chronological order and I guess in a way, it did make Zero a tiny bit more enjoyable because when I was watching Zero, at some parts I was like "AH SO THAT'S WHAT HAPPENED BEFORE XXXX HAPPENED IN FSN!" So there are's a few pros/cons though FSN does feel kinda lengthy and draggy, so if you don't really care what happens afterwards then just skip FSN and watch Zero.

Tearx
The Malicious Feline
Org Profile

Post by Tearx » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:57 pm

Dat was a good watch
great job :up:

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”