POKEMON

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
hamstar138
A Big Ol' Bowl Of Fruit
Org Profile

Re: POKEMON

Post by hamstar138 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:16 am

mirkosp wrote:
MycathatesyouAMV wrote:New starters lack any originality as usual. A fire fox really ? Let me direct you to Vulpix over 10 years ago.
Are you, by any chance, also one of those that say "this doesn't even look like a Pokémon" when they attempt to make a design somewhat different compared to the past? :roll:
Those people tend to come up more and more and more each new pokemon or generation comes out. I still have people who I talk to who also like the games raft on me because I don't mind the new designs.
ImageImage
ImageImage

MycathatesyouAMV
Based Dicknugget
Org Profile

Post by MycathatesyouAMV » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:38 am

mirkosp wrote:
MycathatesyouAMV wrote:New starters lack any originality as usual. A fire fox really ? Let me direct you to Vulpix over 10 years ago.
Are you, by any chance, also one of those that say "this doesn't even look like a Pokémon" when they attempt to make a design somewhat different compared to the past? :roll:
No I think they look like pokemon, I just think they lack originality.
Discord: MycathatesyouAMV#5994

Qyot27
Surreptitious fluffy bunny
Org Profile

Post by Qyot27 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:49 am

Well, I probably won't go any further with the series now (granted that I still haven't gotten the 3rd, 4th, and 5th generation games). I really can't stand 3D* camera - let alone cel-shading - for stuff like this, aside from the part where I have very little reason to get a 3DS anyway (hell, I still have yet to get my own DS Lite so that it's not completely painful to play GBA games as well as the few** DS games I actually do have). Maybe there'll be a fan remake that puts it into traditional 2D.

*I also don't like it for console games, but I've had to make my peace with that. It is one contributing factor as to why I don't play a lot of new games, though.
**read: three, with a fourth I ordered off Amazon yesterday.

The designs really don't bother me. There's bound to be some similarity with the sheer number of the things there are now.
My profile on MyAnimeList | Quasistatic Regret: yeah, yeah, I finally got a blog

meleechampion
Org Profile

Post by meleechampion » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:14 pm

MycathatesyouAMV wrote:What is this crap?

A FIRE starter a WATER starter AND ANOTHER GRASS STARTER?!?!

FFS GUYS POKEMON TEH SUXXX NOWADAYS MIRITE?!!!!1

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:33 pm

MycathatesyouAMV wrote:
mirkosp wrote:
No I think they look like pokemon, I just think they lack originality.
To be fair, Pokemon hasn't really ever been THAT original. Magneton, Dugtrio, etc. I'll agree that the "new" fire fox was a bit surprising, considering Vulpix's existance, but the other two look fantabulously "new" to me. really, it just depends a lot on their evolutions/typing.

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:55 pm

We already have polywhirl though! how can you like the water type!!

/sarcasm

I was going to bring up Electrode, and Dugtrip, besides stuff like Magicarp isn't original either since it's based off of Chinese mythology...

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:56 pm

Dugtrio*

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:59 pm

Speaking of mythology in pokemon, I'm ridiculously dissapointed we don't have legendary pokemon representing the 4 devas. :(

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:03 pm

You never know, there is still room for more pokemon in future games.

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:00 pm

Scott DeWitt suggested on Twitter that, based on the secondary attacks used in the trailer, the final starter typings might be Grass/Dark, Fire/Psychic, and Water/Fighting. Which would be pretty cool if true.

Either way, I think it's safe to say Fennekin will NOT evolve into a Fire/Fighting-type, and we can all be grateful for that.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

Return to “General Discussion”