What are you playing?

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Jaydens
Org Profile

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Jaydens » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:10 am

I'v played so many games to till date but Angry Birds is my favorite game of all and currently playing the same game online at my pc.

Ijexis
Org Profile

Post by Ijexis » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:50 am

CodeZTM wrote:
Fay-Sa wrote:I recently picked up SMT:Nocturne for the PS2 as well so I'll be starting on that soon.
That's a good game. :up:
I agree, that is an amazing game. I have been scratching a recent JRPG itch I've had and have been playing Persona 4 Golden and Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention. Picked up Resonance of Fate and Valkyria Chronicles also. Also planning on getting Ragnarok Odyssey sometime soon.

Jwalk0
Org Profile

Post by Jwalk0 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:39 pm

Ijexis wrote:
CodeZTM wrote:
Fay-Sa wrote:I recently picked up SMT:Nocturne for the PS2 as well so I'll be starting on that soon.
That's a good game. :up:
I agree, that is an amazing game. I have been scratching a recent JRPG itch I've had and have been playing Persona 4 Golden and Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention. Picked up Resonance of Fate and Valkyria Chronicles also. Also planning on getting Ragnarok Odyssey sometime soon.
Resonance Of Fate

Copped the PS3 version of Resonance Of Fate on Christmas Eve and just beat it this morning around 6 before I went to class. One of the most original JRPGs I've ever played in my life. The reviews have been mostly good but it's a sin that most people haven't played it. After 72 hours I highly enjoyed it.

Only 3 characters you play as but they are highly customizable level progession wise and attire wise and the storyline for them and the overall plot is like a steampunked version of Cowboy Bebop/Samurai Champloo where it tells their backstories and the plot little by little after each of the 16 chapters. Story's a great mix of comedy and drama along with some romance and I liked the fact that they threw in some Christianity in the mix. The graphics for the characters and certain environments are highly detailed but there are some mediocre, dull, and repetitive dungeon designs, didn't bother me much. You can spend hours customizing your weapons with it's lego-like system, music's hit or miss but this game is custom music enabled which was a HUGE plus to me. Sidequests are everywhere, I was so glad most of 'em aren't like most JRPGs where after you do most NPCs' requests you immediately receive the reward instead of backtracking to the NPCs for them. The world maps has a fresh spin on them where you use puzzle hexes to open the different world maps as you travel by receiving them from the enemies and NPCs. Sorta like Banjo-Kazooie. And the battle system.................GOOD LORD the battle system is so righteous and original for the JRPG genre, best aspect of the game period. Strategy mixed with real time action with a hyped up twist, I'll just say The Matrix and leave that alone.

I'm done. If you haven't played this, play it. Of the 2010 JRPGs that came out, I still like Nier the most, but I liked ROF slightly more than FF13. One of the best JRPGs from the Sega brand along with Panzer Dragoon Saga, Skies Of Arcadia, Valkyria Chronicles, the Phantasy Star series and others.
"Someday humankind will come to understand one another! I sincerely believe that!" Fei Fong Wong
"We live to make the impossible possible! That is our Focus!" Claire 'Lightning' Farron
"Believe in yourself, and create your own destiny. Don't fear failure." Toonami

The Lord Jesus Christ is the only way.
Image Image

Ijexis
Org Profile

Post by Ijexis » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:56 pm

Jwalk0 wrote: Resonance Of Fate
Quoted Image converted to link:
http://gematsu.com/wp-content/uploads/2 ... racter.jpg

Copped the PS3 version of Resonance Of Fate on Christmas Eve and just beat it this morning around 6 before I went to class. One of the most original JRPGs I've ever played in my life. The reviews have been mostly good but it's a sin that most people haven't played it. After 72 hours I highly enjoyed it.

Only 3 characters you play as but they are highly customizable level progession wise and attire wise and the storyline for them and the overall plot is like a steampunked version of Cowboy Bebop/Samurai Champloo where it tells their backstories and the plot little by little after each of the 16 chapters. Story's a great mix of comedy and drama along with some romance and I liked the fact that they threw in some Christianity in the mix. The graphics for the characters and certain environments are highly detailed but there are some mediocre, dull, and repetitive dungeon designs, didn't bother me much. You can spend hours customizing your weapons with it's lego-like system, music's hit or miss but this game is custom music enabled which was a HUGE plus to me. Sidequests are everywhere, I was so glad most of 'em aren't like most JRPGs where after you do most NPCs' requests you immediately receive the reward instead of backtracking to the NPCs for them. The world maps has a fresh spin on them where you use puzzle hexes to open the different world maps as you travel by receiving them from the enemies and NPCs. Sorta like Banjo-Kazooie. And the battle system.................GOOD LORD the battle system is so righteous and original for the JRPG genre, best aspect of the game period. Strategy mixed with real time action with a hyped up twist, I'll just say The Matrix and leave that alone.

I'm done. If you haven't played this, play it. Of the 2010 JRPGs that came out, I still like Nier the most, but I liked ROF slightly more than FF13. One of the best JRPGs from the Sega brand along with Panzer Dragoon Saga, Skies Of Arcadia, Valkyria Chronicles, the Phantasy Star series and others.
Yeah, I've heard quite a few good things about it, one of my friends got Plat on the PS3 version and loved it enough to get it on the 360 to do it all over again. Have been meaning to get it for a while now, especially when I saw the trailer for it at a booth at a con and thought the gameplay looked pretty slick but it just never happened until now. Sadly going to have to hold off on starting it since I'm trying to finish Atelier Rorona and Tales of Graces f before Ni no Kuni comes out. So many RPGs to play, it's a bit daunting but I guess I'll look at it as having a nice backlog ready for when the Summer Drought hits. On the Steam side of things, got The Binding of Isaac gifted to me by a co-worker and have been enjoying that as well.

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:30 am

While I was visiting my parents I decided to try some Heroes of Might and Magic 5. I've always enjoyed the Heroes series and played all of them up to 3 (maybe 4, but I don't remember, it was a long time ago.) I enjoyed what I played of it. When searching online and found that there was a 6 already and I could get 1-5 plus the expansions in one bundle. So I used the amazon gift cards I got for xmas and picked up all 6 games and the expansions. 6 came in the mail yesterday and the 1-5 collection should be waiting for me when I get home. It'll be fun to go back through starting with Heroes 1 and playing each game. I am interested in what changes were made as of 6 cuz' I hear they did away with the large number of resources, it'll be fun seeing how that will play out.

Oh, and since I beat AC3 I decided it was high time to go back and start playing some of my PS1 RPGs I've been neglecting. So first up on my list is Lunar 2. I forgot how unforgiving that game is with the first dungeon if you don't spend time leveling in the first area. I died 3 times before I remembered that I can save anywhere and actually started saving frequently. Lost a good 2 hours of gameplay due to that ^^()
ImageImageImageImage

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:31 am

ngsilver wrote:While I was visiting my parents I decided to try some Heroes of Might and Magic 5 (my brother had a copy that I played.) I've always enjoyed the Heroes series and played all of them up to 3 (maybe 4, but I don't remember, it was a long time ago.) I enjoyed what I played of it. When searching online and found that there was a 6 already and I could get 1-5 plus the expansions in one bundle. My brother has the disks for the previous versions, so I used the amazon gift cards I got for xmas and picked up all 6 games and the expansions. 6 came in the mail yesterday and the 1-5 collection should be waiting for me when I get home. It'll be fun to go back through starting with Heroes 1 and playing each game. I am interested in what changes were made as of 6 cuz' I hear they did away with the large number of resources, it'll be fun seeing how that will play out.

Oh, and since I beat AC3 I decided it was high time to go back and start playing some of my PS1 RPGs I've been neglecting. So first up on my list is Lunar 2. I forgot how unforgiving that game is with the first dungeon if you don't spend time leveling in the first area. I died 3 times before I remembered that I can save anywhere and actually started saving frequently. Lost a good 2 hours of gameplay due to that ^^()
ImageImageImageImage

aesling
Mad Scientist
Org Profile

Post by aesling » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:43 pm

I got some Steam gift certificates for Christmas, so I was able to snag quite a lot of awesome stuff over the holiday sales period. Been playing some Dead Island coop with the other half and laughing at all the wonky animations, started Sleeping Dogs and am enjoying it so far, and I've been playing the shit out of Far Cry 3 which is amazing amounts of fun. Thankfully it fixed a lot of the issues I had with Far Cry 2, so it's been worth the money.
:ying:

Mr. Fuzzyflippers
Lets Positive Thinking
Org Profile

Post by Mr. Fuzzyflippers » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:27 am

Been playing Half Life: Source and Persona 4 Golden.

I really like the additions to Golden so far, even though I hate the fact that Marie exists.

Fay-Sa
Chasing Crimson Butterflies
Org Profile

Post by Fay-Sa » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:15 pm

I've been going back and forth between Assassin's Creed 3 and Silent Hill Downpour the last few days. Looking forward to Tuesday with Ni No Kuni!

TEKnician
Org Profile

What are you playing?

Post by TEKnician » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:52 am

Guild Wars 2: Mac BETA!!!

Since its FINALLY on a Mac, I gave it a whirl. Gosh, the graphics are cool. Elementalists are fun. I was never really a Mage-type but this game makes it worth playing that class.

Took me about 3 hours to get a good grip on the controls and basic combos. But man, it brings me back to the days where I could spell combo with Rita from Tales of Vesperia. I miss my kitty cat caster.

Dynamic events are fun. But the lack of a mount makes it feel like I'm dependent on the teleports (which cost money).

I'll juggle this and WoW (cuz I still like it)
Almost as hard as fighting a Holy Paladin.

Return to “General Discussion”