My first AMV [SAO ~ Fight]

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
GrimPhantasm
Org Profile

My first AMV [SAO ~ Fight]

Post by GrimPhantasm » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:47 am

Well I posted this in the wrong section before (silly me, being a member for many years and just getting around to using the site). Well since my topic was not moved and I am not really getting any input on it I am reposting.

It has been a while now but still this is my first AMV that I have made and it is the first time I have used any video editing software.

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... p?v=190179

Anime: Sword Art Online (Arc One Content)
Song: Fight
Artist: Icon For Hire

Feel free to comment here or on youtube. I appreciate the input and will hopefully use it to better myself next time! (excuse some of the clipping that happens because I didn't realize I had to overlay the clips to fade in and out well so I had to do that last minute and still try to sync it all correctly).

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Re: My first AMV [SAO ~ Fight]

Post by CodeZTM » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:40 pm

The primary problem I had with the video is that it's just one incredibly long scene from the second episode. Yes, there's cutting and syncing going on, but with only one episode to go on, it gets old fairly quickly. From there, it goes onto two/three different fighting scenes from some of the more popular episodes, without much rhyme/reason to it. I feel like a more solid concept of what the video was trying to accomplish, and a tad more focus in scene selection would have turned this into a much more enjoyable piece.

Still, it had a compelling mood to it, and the sources seemed to match well enough. It just ultimately needed more variety and focus.

GrimPhantasm
Org Profile

Re: My first AMV [SAO ~ Fight]

Post by GrimPhantasm » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:13 am

Well like I said it was the first one I made, I realized an hour into editing it that "Oh I only have one episode in here, crap" so instead of taking a bunch out I just moved on and such. I appreciate the comments though as they will help me for whenever I get around to making another one~~ Thank you!

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”