Pre-VCAs General Discussion

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
MycathatesyouAMV
Based Dicknugget
Org Profile

Re: Pre-VCAs General Discussion

Post by MycathatesyouAMV » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:03 pm

Still would love to see best video using overused sources.
Discord: MycathatesyouAMV#5994

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:05 pm

Best Promotion of Anime: Video you believe best represents the world of Japanese Animation that you would show to people unfamiliar with the genre.
Spoiler :
:sorcerer:
MycathatesyouAMV wrote:Still would love to see best video using overused sources.
x2

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:37 pm

Nya-chan Production wrote:
Ileia wrote:
qyll wrote:Best AMV using a single source.
I second this one.
Thirded.
5th'd

If we decided to keep the custom category, this would be the one I went with.

Fall_Child42
has a rock
Org Profile

Post by Fall_Child42 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:42 pm

Radical_Yue wrote:
5th'd

If we decided to keep the customer category, this would be the one I went with.

lloyd9988
Org Profile

Post by lloyd9988 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:16 am

Radical_Yue wrote:
Nya-chan Production wrote:
qyll wrote:Best AMV using a single source.
Thirded.
5th'd
Sixthed :3

Zanzaben
Org Profile

Post by Zanzaben » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:58 am

CodeZTM wrote:Something I've always wanted to see awarded was for "Best Audio Editing in an AMV".

I've seen editors slave over making an audio cut or audio effect, and can be just as much work as editing the actual video together. This includes MEPs AND regular AMVs/MMVs/FAMVs.

Naturally, AMVs without song cuts or audio effects would be banned, but this is an easy thing to see and weed out, since original songs can be found easily via YouTube. If they're untouched, it's an easy thing to find/ban.

While the videos applicable to this category would be light, they're people that deserve recognition in this regard.
I like the idea behind this a lot but it might be harder to prove the ones that did it that you think. Mainly because of things like radio edits or multiple versions of the song being officially done.
For example Katy Perry's Alien has a version with Kanye and a version without it and it might confuse some people who are just doing a quick YouTube check.
However I definitely like giving the recognition that is deserved for audio editing so maybe for now add that as a check box under technical Details (When you enter a new video and it has "Lip Sync" and "Digital effects") and then have this category next year with that as the filter.
Zanz Bonus Points Tally
8bit_samurai: 1, CodeZTM: 1, Eake4: 2, ibabrak: 5, Mirkosp: 4, tipsd9video: 1, uncreative: 1

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:34 am

Fall_Child42 wrote:
Radical_Yue wrote:
5th'd

If we decided to keep the customer category, this would be the one I went with.

I am fucking AWESOME. |:>

PROGRESSIVE AUTO INSURANCE, WE DO LOVE OUR CUSTOMERS.

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:17 pm

Zanzaben wrote:
CodeZTM wrote:Something I've always wanted to see awarded was for "Best Audio Editing in an AMV".

I've seen editors slave over making an audio cut or audio effect, and can be just as much work as editing the actual video together. This includes MEPs AND regular AMVs/MMVs/FAMVs.

Naturally, AMVs without song cuts or audio effects would be banned, but this is an easy thing to see and weed out, since original songs can be found easily via YouTube. If they're untouched, it's an easy thing to find/ban.

While the videos applicable to this category would be light, they're people that deserve recognition in this regard.
I like the idea behind this a lot but it might be harder to prove the ones that did it that you think. Mainly because of things like radio edits or multiple versions of the song being officially done.
For example Katy Perry's Alien has a version with Kanye and a version without it and it might confuse some people who are just doing a quick YouTube check.
However I definitely like giving the recognition that is deserved for audio editing so maybe for now add that as a check box under technical Details (When you enter a new video and it has "Lip Sync" and "Digital effects") and then have this category next year with that as the filter.
I've suggested this category before, and that was the main reason it wasn't approved. A checkbox might not be a bad option, but would that be implementable on older entries? Or would that even be a concern if the checkbox is intended only for VCA use?
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

Zanzaben
Org Profile

Post by Zanzaben » Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:55 am

Kitsuner wrote: I've suggested this category before, and that was the main reason it wasn't approved. A checkbox might not be a bad option, but would that be implementable on older entries? Or would that even be a concern if the checkbox is intended only for VCA use?
Theoretically it would be great to implement it for older entries but I don't think it would be possible to do that other than make every one go back for every video they ever made and check it and that just doesn't seem reasonable at all. Which is why I figured if they implemented it now then it could be used for next year.
Zanz Bonus Points Tally
8bit_samurai: 1, CodeZTM: 1, Eake4: 2, ibabrak: 5, Mirkosp: 4, tipsd9video: 1, uncreative: 1

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:58 pm

Zanzaben wrote:Which is why I figured if they implemented it now then it could be used for next year.
If it's just a box for vca sorting, and it's not too complicated to put in place, then that would set things up nicely for next year. But is audio editing really commonplace enough to have a vca category? It would be sad if someone went to the trouble of implementing a box for us to sort by, only for the numbers to reveal that there aren't enough vids to make up a category anyway. I'm guessing most of the people who would check that box are the ones who use dubbing for parodies, where they piece together audio the same way they do footage, rather than those who edit/remix musical tracks. You could end up with a category populated by fandubs. Most fandubs already fit nicely in the 'humor' category, so there's no point giving them an 'edited audio' category as well.

If it were a score category like sfx (video) then they'd have to edit the op setup to reflect the new score, which would probably have to wait for the org redesign, and would be a low priority even then. In that case it won't matter that old vids don't have it marked because choosing sfx/lip sync has always been voluntary - checking an audio editing box would be the same. Those who hear about the new option and care will go through and check it for their old vids, the rest will just have that option N/A like many old vids do for sfx.

Return to “General AMV”