[AKROSS Con 2012] Aevum

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Shin-AMV
Org Profile

Re: [AKROSS Con 2012] Aevum

Post by Shin-AMV » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:58 pm

Awww yeah. I dug it. I agree with Ryan's assessment but the constant ticking rhythms and pacing of the song would kinda be a nightmare to keep up with if you synced all da things. :P

Scott Green
Greenwhore
Org Profile

Post by Scott Green » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:26 am

One of the greatest vids I've seen :D

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:24 pm

AimoAio wrote:This video has Fate/Zero spoilers so you should really watch F/Z first before watching this. (Trust me, Fate/Zero is so awesome you will not regret watching it!)
:uhoh: ...................................fuck it. i like spoilers *watching

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:50 pm

Shin-AMV wrote:Awww yeah. I dug it. I agree with Ryan's assessment but the constant ticking rhythms and pacing of the song would kinda be a nightmare to keep up with if you synced all da things. :P
Haha it was enough of a nightmare to try and sync the dubstep parts already! xD
Scott Green wrote:One of the greatest vids I've seen :D
D'aww that's quite a compliment. Thank you!
Rider4Z wrote:
AimoAio wrote:This video has Fate/Zero spoilers so you should really watch F/Z first before watching this. (Trust me, Fate/Zero is so awesome you will not regret watching it!)
:uhoh: ...................................fuck it. i like spoilers *watching
It's probably not so bad if you have 0 knowledge of the Fate series but if you've seen a few episodes then uhh yeah, it's kind of a bad spoiler, especially the ending. >__> I hope you enjoyed it though! (And now that you've watched it, you MUST go see Fate/Zero. :twisted: )

Hikado95
Org Profile

Post by Hikado95 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:36 pm

I miss soigneusement more synchronization, personally there were scenes that have a little work, the music you asked for more, something that to my lacking much in your video and now watching your video concept... the concept is not reflected much, only to see battles and more battles, and it is no bother but I personally give a regular category, is nothing out of the ordinary.

Taite
Org Profile

Post by Taite » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:27 pm

Except for the beginning slow part (I felt the sync was off a bit there) all the other slow parts are perfect. They are more emotional and give a nice break from all the action and sort of redirect the video, so it's not /all/ random (to me, since I haven't seen the anime.) It was actually quite emotional on the whole, and now I'm curious about the guy's back story and how she fits in.
And then this is what I hate, because I liked all of the upbeat stuff too. :| The second half lagged a bit more than the first, and perhaps it should have hit a couple more beats, but I was not that much bothered. That's the importance of you using this anime to me, because the motion in each scene flows with the beats in between so well. If you used Romeo x Juliet or something, you'd have to have effects and pancrop motion making up for everything that the scenes here already did themselves. That doesn't make this amv less good because it relies heavily on the anime. It's smart. People can't often do it right; you can't just pick any ol' scene, you have to pick the right scene, with the exact right motion, to fit what's happening in the song. Like in the beginning action part when the song went slow-mo, you had a scene of the blonde haired chick in slow-mo, but still within the action realm. This is how you do it.
It's something I always try to implement in my amvs. Yes, you've got to change a scene at some point, and you might as well do it on a beat otherwise it will be shit, but on the in between, there needs to be such a connection between the music and the motion within the scene (or atmosphere of a still scene) that it holds for itself. And it's hard to get it just right.
All of this adds impact, and you pretty much hit it on the head. The first half had all this (though that quick black oval border that jumped in was the only part I really disliked), the second half less, mainly because the scenes themselves had less action and motion in them, and they were drawn on a half second longer. The effects you had in between, like with the square scenes and stuff, all fit where they were, and there wasn't too much of it either.
This is what electronic-y dubstep amvs should be like. You seriously expect someone to hit every single beat, whether with a scene or effect? Trust me, other amv with these types of songs are like that, and they're shit. I don't get why so many people complain.

Of course there's room for improvement, as in any amv. I was surprised this amv was from you actually, because it was completely different than your others! Really though, only good "dubstep" amv I've seen. :up:

**point of my rant is just that I think people don't really pay attention to the motion of the scene, and rather focus on effects and how fast it is in changing scenes in comparison to the song, which are both unnecessary.
Image Image

RAWdangers
Org Profile

Post by RAWdangers » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:08 pm

Whatt??? A dubstep video without massive amounts of twitch!! FOR SHAME!! FOR SHAMEEEE! :down: smh! smh!!!

Just kidding x33 I really enjoyed it. I agree with ryan but as said, syncing dubstep aint easy and you took the chance x33 Glad you decided to edit with dubstep x33

Shinzui IT
The sexy Artist
Org Profile

Post by Shinzui IT » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:23 pm

very nice :D

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:45 pm

AimoAio wrote:It's probably not so bad if you have 0 knowledge of the Fate series but if you've seen a few episodes then uhh yeah, it's kind of a bad spoiler, especially the ending. >__> I hope you enjoyed it though! (And now that you've watched it, you MUST go see Fate/Zero. :twisted: )
i have zero FateStayNight knowledge period :uhoh: i heard Zero is supposed to be better than the original? which should i watch first?

ProjectBarcodeError
Org Profile

Post by ProjectBarcodeError » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:49 pm

I thought some scene choice would have need more care (a bit dissapoint not see the race of rider and his run on the bridge intead on mmmk flying moments). the use of Berserker past was a good idea, but someone who haven't the anime won't have a clue. i think the first part of the last chorus was more epic than the end.

the song was actually interesting. i don't like dubstep much, but it was a decent pick.

the frames effects were not "immersive" but they were helpful for rythm/beat. maybe it would have helped your concept of "time-bender saber" to use returns/rewinds of frames in order to avoid hits or a terrible fate? like "prince of persia:sands of time"? maybe that would have been nice.

despite these details, it was enjoyable. not the ultimate FZ AMV i wait for, but a pleasant one. And it was surprising to see you try this style of amv, it's fresh

Hope your next one will meets your expectations during editing ;)
Spoiler :
Ps: thanks for showing Berserker, that guy was my second favorite servant . I wanted him so much to kick saber's ass D,:
@rider: i would suggest FSN first, cause FZ is soooooo much better and mature than FSN , you'll rage at FSN if you watch it after Zero

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”